What's new

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

moose eater

I went digging into the freezer last night, looking for something I haven't been smoking a lot of lately, to allow the piquing of some different cannabinoid receptors. Found an old half-pint Ball Jar (small decorative jam jar) of some Widow Bomb 3, which I don't think has been alive for a LONG time, perhaps 10 years +/-.

Under the shake and smaller buds were some of the scissor hash 'balls' in decent size; maybe 1/4"+.

My sealed and opened weed alike are kept at -15 to -20 Fahrenheit, and usually even the open stuff is pretty well sealed by means of multiple bagging or in a jar with a good lid. This was no different.

Does the trick. Still good as a senior citizen strain that was killed a long time ago and provides a different angle on the stone compared to the 4-6 strains I've been smoking regularly.

Might have to look for some of the seeds I might have lying about of this strain.

Last edited:

moose eater

Happy Father's Day.
My wife brought me three strips of uncured no sugar bacon, and a stack of lower carb blueberry pancakes made from a thin batter like crepes, with extra egg, a bit of sour cream, buttermilk, almond flour, whole wheat pastry flour, a little bit of gluten, etc., with organic maple syrup, and a glass of prosecco in bed, after I pretty well toasted my left hip (and thereby, lower left spine) yesterday tilling the potato field 4 times. (the last time, the 4th, with the organic fertilizers).

Have to go out there today and leave just a minor dusting of langbeinite, then till and hill (one more tilling with the hilling attachment onboard), then on to the other shit I didn't get done yesterday after the potato field kicked my aging ass.

We'll start by dusting the field minimally with the langbeinite, then cart the folding shooting target (large/tall plywood with hinged leg on back) out to the driveway with her garden cart, then the folding card table and some chairs, then the shooting rest and her scoped rifle, to sight in the scope in the driveway.

Then the roller guides for the boat trailer to mark them for length on the lower square tubes, to cut them to fit on the chop saw with a steel cut-off wheel on it, then mark it for drilling on the drill press for the plow markers that will extend the visibility of the guides upward by about 28" for trailering and launching the boat in deeper water or ramps.

Looks like I'll be headed to Chitina tomorrow rather than today and going by myself. And if tilling the spud field kicked my ass, I can only imagine what wrestling with the river current with a dip-net on a 12' or 16' handle is going to do for my spine and hips. I suspect I'll pack some pain pills and muscle relaxers for after the fishing is over, the coolers are iced down and loaded, and I'm moaning loudly while laying on the doubly-padded bed in the van. :)

Last edited:

moose eater

It's now 90 Fahrenheit on the front porch, and about 80.5 under the cooler shade of the north side of the open-sided pole barn, so there's some amount of UV affecting the front porch mercury and glass thermometer.

Another moment where it comes to mind that doing the final tilling and such would've been much wiser at about 7:00 AM...

But that didn't happen, so I guess I'm doing it now...

On the bright side, the mosquitos resent serious dry warmth... so there's that.... Short sleeves and few to no mosquito bites. Just ants and maybe the odd yellow jacket.

Reactions: Gry

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
On the bright side, the mosquitos resent serious dry warmth... so there's that.... Short sleeves and few to no mosquito bites

That is always welcome news. I see that Fairbanks is about 14 degrees warmer than Toronto at the moment. Our heat wave starts tomorrow but the media has been screaming warnings for a couple of days . . . :rolleyes:

Gry

Veteran
On the front page of Sunday mornings LA Times was a story speaking to the fact that a local investigation
of prerolls and vapes, found them to have an abundance of pesticides.

moose eater

On the front page of Sunday mornings LA Times was a story speaking to the fact that a local investigation
of prerolls and vapes, found them to have an abundance of pesticides.
Perhaps the penalty should be that the producers have to smoke the entirety of those products that are removed from the retail and wholesale outlets over a 2-day period, or maybe a week. Seems fair to me.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Gry

Gry

Veteran
My wife brought me three strips of uncured no sugar bacon, and a stack of lower carb blueberry pancakes made from a thin batter like crepes, with extra egg, a bit of sour cream, buttermilk, almond flour, whole wheat pastry flour, a little bit of gluten, etc., with organic maple syrup, and a glass of prosecco in bed, after I pretty well toasted my left hip (and thereby, lower left spine) yesterday tilling the potato field 4 times. (the last time, the 4th, with the organic fertilizers).

Have to go out there today and leave just a minor dusting of langbeinite, then till and hill (one more tilling with the hilling attachment onboard), then on to the other shit I didn't get done yesterday after the potato field kicked my aging ass.

We'll start by dusting the field minimally with the langbeinite, then cart the folding shooting target (large/tall plywood with hinged leg on back) out to the driveway with her garden cart, then the folding card table and some chairs, then the shooting rest and her scoped rifle, to sight in the scope in the driveway.

Then the roller guides for the boat trailer to mark them for length on the lower square tubes, to cut them to fit on the chop saw with a steel cut-off wheel on it, then mark it for drilling on the drill press for the plow markers that will extend the visibility of the guides upward by about 28" for trailering and launching the boat in deeper water or ramps.

Looks like I'll be headed to Chitina tomorrow rather than today and going by myself. And if tilling the spud field kicked my ass, I can only imagine what wrestling with the river current with a dip-net on a 12' or 16' handle is going to do for my spine and hips. I suspect I'll pack some pain pills and muscle relaxers for after the fishing is over, the coolers are iced down and loaded, and I'm moaning loudly while laying on the doubly-padded bed in the van.
Sounds like a real fine breakfast, hope that all goes well for you with respect to the Chitina dip netting.

moose eater

Sounds like a real fine breakfast, hope that all goes well for you with respect to the Chitina dip netting.
Probably having to postpone the trip by yet one more day, but that ought to still find me within the timing for the larger plug/series of fish from a week+ ago that ran past the Miles Lake sonar.

Potato field is hilled and had water run to it for almost 2 hours this evening. Still likely needs another 4-5 hours total to drench down through the peat/soil aggregate out there. (*Crosses fingers in hopes the well pump and 2 check-valves on that line from the well into the mechanical wall in the basement still have good life remaining in them).

My two older children phoned today, sometime after noon, I think. And ultimately, my daughter connected with my son's call, so we had a conference call going. Not what it ought to be at this point, but better than a sharp stick in the eye.

My younger son was sent a text this evening by his mother, challenging his shallowness and lack of any evidence of sincerity in his past/recent statements of intent or commitment, either toward me, or my older son whom the younger son has ignored and failed to contact on the older son's birthday a while ago.

Too many stuffed shirts lacking soul in this world, I believe. From positions of authority, right on down to the average lilliputian on the street. And to find any of them under my history and with my DNA is both disappointing and shameful.

I suspect that if the younger boy were in my presence and spouted one of the more transparent BS excuses, I might just pop him in his jaw for having the audacity to present flimsy untruths as a chronic means by which to fail at covering for his shallow ego; the reality being that it's both an assumption of ignorance asserted by him toward me and others, and a cowardly, hollow way of being in general.

Anyway, the little bastage isn't here at the moment to permit me to express my serious rejection and condemnation toward his lack of integrity in a more personal manner, so I'll let it go for the evening, torch up the vaporizer, and try to forget the little motherfucker had anything in the past to do with me at all.

He's still in the estate to receive $1, a 9/16" Craftsman wrench, and a fake chrome-plated plastic tiara. That ought to tell the little guy everything he needs to know about his family's respect for his choices and way of being. :)

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
torontodesert1.jpg

See?

This is proof that the Toronto Desert exists. These screenshots from Environment Canada show this weather disaster enfolding. Westerlies bring the storms in from Michigan. I suppose I should thank all the folks in the Upper Peninsula for this but just so you know, I curse you in the winter when the demon west wind blows off of your glacier. Anyways, time and time again, the radar shows a storm barrelling right toward us and then . . . nothing. Zilch. Nada. Rien. The storms ‘mysteriously’ break up and we get no rain.

Ok, just to be a little bit truthful here, we have had decent rainfall this spring . . . but the desertification is coming. I can feel it. I am watching!

CharlesU Farley

My ex son-in-law's father died yesterday. Even though he is no longer my son-in-law, I still love him dearly. Like me, he is a very emotional man, so I know he is hurting tremendously right now.

He is responsible for me communicating again with my daughter, after 10+ years of non-communication, and that was _after_ they divorced. He is such a good man and outstanding father to my grandkids. Him and my daughter co-parent their kids in the best way possible and I'm so very proud of _both_ of them.

I met his Dad several times, at the usual family get togethers, weddings, sports events, graduations, etc. He was a true, classy Southern gentleman. He and his wife were the oldest married couple when my son was married, and they danced the following dance, called The Shag.

It was beautifully mesmerizing and I am _so_ not a dancer.

I'm so very glad you're out of pain Gary. :cry:

shithawk420

Veteran
Sampling my wife's batch #9 of peach wine she made with spruce tips in it that she harvested earlier this spring. Hmm. Tasty. Potent. Relatively clear in color. I think I'll keep it.
Dont think ive had peach wine.How did you process the peaches? Did you just mash them and then put them through a cheese cloth or strainer? pretty chunky compared to grapes huh? lol

moose eater

Dont think ive had peach wine.How did you process the peaches? Did you just mash them and then put them through a cheese cloth or strainer? pretty chunky compared to grapes huh? lol
These were predominantly frozen peaches, peeled, with no adulterants or antioxidants/sulfites added, in 2-1/2-lb. bags.. Which typically means the fruit processing plant had some of their fresh peaches that were too ripe to safely make it to market as fresh fruit (more overhead in processing anything, so whether poultry or fruit or veggies, if the processor chose to not simply sell it as fresh, there's usually a good reason).

My wife typically mashes the fruits (though with dates or raisins she often chops them up by one means or another) and often uses some fine-webbed nylon fruit/veggie/produce bags, like a cheese cloth configuration with a draw string on its opening, which often doubles as a bag to keep fresh fruits and veggies in the veggie bins in the fridge.

Sometimes she just leaves the fruit floating without the bags after mashing it, too, and strains it later in the process.

The spruce tips she gathered maybe a quart or so of and made a slightly sweetened thin syrup with them and some RO H2O and a bit of organic cane sugar. It was SO strong an olfactory presence in the air that you'd have sworn someone had air-dropped you into a spruce tree during sap/pitch season while you were unconscious or something. But that was a bit misleading.

When the 'syrup' was done, before adding it to the must, I tasted a tiny bit of the liquid with a teaspoon, and the taste was far less potent than the odor had been, though still very present and fairly pleasing.

She's an artist at heart, and this has simply provided her with a new medium to experiment with. And HOLY FUCK, but we're stocked up pretty good with some one-off delectable wines now!!

I'm pretty pleased with her recent choice of a new hobby. Probably about like she's happy that I make sieved hash and grow good weed. :)

Edit: It's pretty dry and about 18% abv. But TASTY!!

shithawk420

Veteran
Damn. fresh food, hash, wine. you really do have it down locked tight. Your living my dream man. maybe one day ill be as fortunate as you. Ill tell you what i dont admire about you though.THE FUCKING WINTERS! If thats the price i gotta pay you can fucking have it man!! seriously though thats awesome and you really did pick a winner. but yeah im not dealing with those winters.

Hmm. id be interested in comparing fruit in extreme cold climates to tropical fruit in extreme heat. I dont know why but i have a feeling the cold fruit would taste alot better. im a bit buzzed so correct me if im wrong and being an idiot! lol been up 2 days now.

I like to think i can accurately guess ABV by taste. do you ever use a hydrometer? 18% isnt bad at all. not at all

Last edited:

moose eater

Damn. fresh food, hash, wine. you really do have it down locked tight. Your living my dream man. maybe one day ill be as fortunate as you. Ill tell you what i dont admire about you though.THE FUCKING WINTERS! If thats the price i gotta pay you can fucking have it man!! seriously though thats awesome and you really did pick a winner. but yeah im not dealing with those winters.

Hmm. id be interested in comparing fruit in extreme cold climates to tropical fruit in extreme heat. I dont know why but i have a feeling the cold fruit would taste alot better. im a bit buzzed so correct me if im wrong and being an idiot! lol been up 2 days now
The frozen fruit we use to make wine typically comes to us for free, as excesses or leftovers from a organization's pantry that gets regular shipments for a group of people, and when they have a load coming, and there's too much still not distributed, it goes out to those who work there.

We have wild blueberries here, but the blueberries we've used for wine have been either wild commercially bagged, or high bush domestic and commercially bagged; all of them frozen.

Our raspberry wine is from my wife's raspberry arbor, which produces tons of fruit most years, and the chokecherries that now go into winemaking are from our chokecherry trees, which get criticized for being a risk to the moose in the fall around the first frost, when the toxins in the berries and branch tips increase in concentration, putting (especially calf moose) at risk if they eat them then. But we'll probably eventually put a 7-ft. tall moose fence around them like I have around my raised bed veggie garden.

Otherwise, the fruits we use in winemaking are freebies that we often get close to 20 lbs. or so, +/- of at a time as excess produce at the organization I referenced. Lord knows I wouldn't buy that quantity of good frozen fruit at market rate for winemaking. I'm a cheap bastard.

The winters typically aren't as severe as they used to be here, 'hawk. One of the few benefits of the current climate change. Though this last winter I was surprised when we had close to 2 weeks of what seemed like winter times of old, with -40 to -55 Fahrenheit for lows during that period, just to remind me of how little I missed that shit.

Latest posts

Latest posts