What's new

Tom Hill Haze

Chi13

ICMag Donor
A lot of us still live in that reality, sadly, and worse they have made it almost impossible to safely receive seed through the post from overseas by introducing new Teach that seeks seed out.

I still remember the days pre Holland seed banks and in all honesty I wish I could go back to those days.
I'm in the same country as you and I received 2 lots of seeds last year no problem. I don't think they put everything through those scanners. True, it's much harder now, but there are better ways to get it through if you know how.

Although it's still illegal here you can go down the medical route, and they have a couple of hazes sold as medical. Mostly though it's just indica hybrid.

I doubt we will see legalisation here in my lifetime. So envious of the US growers on here. Imagine if we could grow outdoors without risk.

StickyBandit

I'm in the same country as you and I received 2 lots of seeds last year no problem. I don't think they put everything through those scanners. True, it's much harder now, but there are better ways to get it through if you know how.

Although it's still illegal here you can go down the medical route, and they have a couple of hazes sold as medical. Mostly though it's just indica hybrid.

I doubt we will see legalisation here in my lifetime. So envious of the US growers on here. Imagine if we could grow outdoors without risk.
Same here in NZ. I think people are too busy to worry about seeds at the border through the mail, especially now that it's medical. Maybe the seed scanners are at the airport checking suitcases??

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Same here in NZ. I think people are too busy to worry about seeds at the border through the mail, especially now that it's medical. Maybe the seed scanners are at the airport checking suitcases??
This is what Hempy is talking about (I think). The irony is they weren't even introduced for cannabis seeds.

led05

Chasing The Present
A lot of us still live in that reality, sadly, and worse they have made it almost impossible to safely receive seed through the post from overseas by introducing new Teach that seeks seed out.

I still remember the days pre Holland seed banks and in all honesty I wish I could go back to those days.
Draconian laws definitely blow; it’s still illegal here federally & for many states still illegal too (seeds are legal finally)- Many states that allow it have very low plant counts, sadly many many of us are still braking the law, though in many places the courts are focused elsewhere & thus enforcement is too - until it’s treated like Peppers or tomatoes or any other AG product there’s a long ways to go IMO - But yes, laws in Oz are effed !

That said…

I Haven’t failed on a send to Oz yet, make it look like everyday mail and machine sorting is your friend in my experience, no matter where it’s going

Sending to Africa is my favorite, you send it & then next year you hear it’s arrived, ha :)

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
This is what Hempy is talking about (I think). The irony is they weren't even introduced for cannabis seeds.
That was pre Covid a few years before, all thanks to the Chinese posting weed seed to random people, but they were testing the Tech and all they would need to do is add AI to the Tech and Automate it, and it's all over, and they may have done it by now.

I have read a lot have had their seed intercepted and some re sellers here seed companies taken down so even with a good safe addy its way to risky.

I got in early and got all I wanted, long ago, plus we have a lot in house to.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Even sending seed out say in a CD case or similar we need to give a photo ID here have since 2007 I think now, but I thought it may have just been in my state nope turns out it's everywhere friend posted seed had to give ID too recently. Posting in house is fine, just in or out of the countries is the issue. In the US they just seize the seed maybe a letter people just ignore, not here they kick your door in here.

led05

Chasing The Present
^ I’m surprised more hasn’t been said @ how China just randomly mailed all types of seed to random Amazon & other users all across the world over the past 7-8 years - I got some funky ass looking seed the size of peas once - no clue wtf it was, tossed it - another time I got one but seized by AG customs, again nothing I ever even ordered just got the customs letter - Fuckers spreading something

Chi13

ICMag Donor
That was pre Covid a few years before, all thanks to the Chinese posting weed seed to random people, but they were testing the Tech and all they would need to do is add AI to the Tech and Automate it, and it's all over, and they may have done it by now.

I have read a lot have had their seed intercepted and some re sellers here seed companies taken down so even with a good safe addy its way to risky.

I got in early and got all I wanted, long ago, plus we have a lot in house to.
I think seed interception is much more common now, but as I said, I have received several packs since that machine has been in use, from Canada, Spain and UK. I have only lost one in that time. I also bought seeds from one of those resellers who got busted and nothing happened so far, fingers crossed.

led05

Chasing The Present
I think seed interception is much more common now, but as I said, I have received several packs since that machine has been in use, from Canada, Spain and UK. I have only lost one in that time. I also bought seeds from one of those resellers who got busted and nothing happened so far, fingers crossed.
Where there’s a will…….. There’s always a way :)

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Even sending seed out say in a CD case or similar we need to give a photo ID here have since 2007 I think now, but I thought it may have just been in my state nope turns out it's everywhere friend posted seed had to give ID too recently. Posting in house is fine, just in or out of the countries is the issue. In the US they just seize the seed maybe a letter people just ignore, not here they kick your door in here.
In 20 years of contributing to cannabis forums I have heard of only one person who claimed they were busted due to seed importation, and even that wasn't for sure because of the seeds. They don't kick anyone's door in for cannabis seeds here. They either just throw them out or you might get a letter.

All my seeds have come to my home address including one lot in a CD case, no ID required. The only reason you'd need ID is if you had to pick up something from the PO.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
This is what I am talking about, and they have automated it now and added AI to it not only here but also in New Zealand now too. You might be lucky in that it has not been set up yet in your main Mail centre but its coming.

https://www.agriculture.gov.au/sites/default/files/sitecollectiondocuments/biosecurity/xray-unit.png

Australia is undertaking a ground-breaking trial using 3D x-ray technology in a biosecurity environment. The department was the first biosecurity agency in the world to deploy 3D x-ray capability in the airport environment. Under this project the department has also developed and deployed the world’s first algorithm to automatically detect biosecurity risk material.

Following these early successes the department now has 3D x-ray units installed in Melbourne International Airport and Melbourne International Mail Centre. By mid-2020, 3D x-rays will also be operating at the Sydney International Mail Centre.

The innovative implementation of this technology has allowed the department to successfully increase detection of biosecurity risk items with 3D x-ray screening, resulting in double the detections in the airport and triple in the mail environment compared to current screening technologies.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
i wouldnt worry about sending stuff from oz too much ,
its not like they have time to check it leaving ,
the onus is on the country it arrives in to check it ,
and some bloke called hempy ,or chi , is of no concern to them if its only a few cannabis seeds ,

also its more than likely those machines , if they even are used , would only be doing parcels ,
there is just too many letters and parcels combined for them to check them all , so normally no letters are checked unless there has been a tip off ...

i know guys running seed companies in this country , and they seem to be getting the seed in fine ,
and i can report , ive sent hundreds and thousands out of the country , as well as weed and hash , nothing has been busted ,
and yes i gave my id for the parcels containing weed , they arrived safely to their destination ...

GrandpaMillenial

^ I’m surprised more hasn’t been said @ how China just randomly mailed all types of seed to random Amazon & other users all across the world over the past 7-8 years - I got some funky ass looking seed the size of peas once - no clue wtf it was, tossed it - another time I got one but seized by AG customs, again nothing I ever even ordered just got the customs letter - Fuckers spreading something

definitely more than just testing the system.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
What happens if they don't arrive safely and get intercepted, and that does happen at times, well they have your photo ID and know who sent it that's the risk you take and some of us don't feel that risk is worth it.

Seed does get through yes, but a lot have in the last few years have been intercepted also. That scanner is for all mail letters and parcels.

GrandpaMillenial

This is what I am talking about, and they have automated it now and added AI to it not only here but also in New Zealand now too. You might be lucky in that it has not been set up yet in your main Mail centre but its coming.

https://www.agriculture.gov.au/sites/default/files/sitecollectiondocuments/biosecurity/xray-unit.png

Australia is undertaking a ground-breaking trial using 3D x-ray technology in a biosecurity environment. The department was the first biosecurity agency in the world to deploy 3D x-ray capability in the airport environment. Under this project the department has also developed and deployed the world’s first algorithm to automatically detect biosecurity risk material.

Following these early successes the department now has 3D x-ray units installed in Melbourne International Airport and Melbourne International Mail Centre. By mid-2020, 3D x-rays will also be operating at the Sydney International Mail Centre.

The innovative implementation of this technology has allowed the department to successfully increase detection of biosecurity risk items with 3D x-ray screening, resulting in double the detections in the airport and triple in the mail environment compared to current screening technologies.

I wouldnt be to worried mate.

The Australian government has a horrible track record fighting against nature.

War on Rabbits
War on Emus

your probably gonna be ok

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Setting up a good, safe address to send the seed to mitigates a lot of the stress, and dealing with people that make an effete in how they ship is also important.