What's new

Tom Hill Haze

NLbred

Whorled??? THH surprise..it has 6 sites now from what I can see today.. this picture is from 4 days ago but the next set of leaves has 6 sites/leaves.. not sexed yet as they are only 3 weeks old and just put into 12/12.. it is a little behind the other two, as I suppose it takes more energy to put that many branch sites on the stock.. not sure if this is a good thing or not.. maybe Tom can chime in as to how rare this is with his haze.. it sure is purdy
NL

Attachments

• 20240923_105841.jpg
    20240923_105841.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
  • 20240910_112931.jpg
    20240910_112931.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17

SeedyPast

I think vacuum sealing is the overlooked answer...just vessel size, configuration is the question...idk how to close vials in a bag i just vacu sealed..
It's possible to manipulate vials (screwing top etc) inside a gallon ziplock bag. I've done this before. Put vial in, flood the bag with inert gas, and then screw the top on. Kinda like a poor man's sterile glove box

Old Uncle Ben

Late 80’s outdoor scene here was tractors on private land and outlaws all in the woods. Small operators often used osmocote 18-6-12 w minors 6-8mos formula,dolemite and furdan. Mid to Late November cropping on many old bagseed lines we’d come across. Fun times.

Too cool, and an excellent choice for outdoors and in feeding. Easy peasy - top off the pot, water until harvest. I've used a similar NPK with minors. Am now using their Outdoor-Indoor Plus, 15-9-12 with minors, 8-9 month on everything, talking cannabis, 1,000's of newly planted trees, vineyard, maters, tropical fruit trees, dragon fruit, veggie garden, you name it. Also add dolomite, stuff like cottonseed meal, blood and bone meal, alfalfa (horse) nuggets I make into a slop to wet down a huge tractor bucket mix.

After whiteflies and pythium got some of my babies am left with one Ace GT X Panama fem and a cross I made in the early 90's Positronics Haze X Posi, Jack Herer. My avatar was the old Posi. JH I got from the Dam. Thjs was probably the first seeds to be mailed back to the states by a guy named Jock.

Avatar main cola was a rock hard, thick 6" wide main cola with huge side colas, strong up high.

I only have 2 seeds of that cross left.

Big thread on Osmocote with plenty of pix - https://www.icmag.com/threads/osmocote-my-favorite-plant-food-easy-peasy-complete.18126434/

Osmocote.jpg

led05

Chasing The Present
Whorled??? THH surprise..it has 6 sites now from what I can see today.. this picture is from 4 days ago but the next set of leaves has 6 sites/leaves.. not sexed yet as they are only 3 weeks old and just put into 12/12.. it is a little behind the other two, as I suppose it takes more energy to put that many branch sites on the stock.. not sure if this is a good thing or not.. maybe Tom can chime in as to how rare this is with his haze.. it sure is purdy
NL
This one - Cambodian #1 eventually got up to 10 arms per node, serious Whorled Phyllotaxy for a cannabis plant, especially - it can be caused for a number of reasons

1727199069463.jpeg

Old Uncle Ben

NL

With time cannabis grows out of a juvenile stage of opposite phytollaxy into the adult stage where it exhibits alternate or whorled phytollaxy of the branches, leaf petioles along the "trunk". It's normal for most but if it's a pure sativa and you just went 12/12 and Tom's stuff is the sativa it's cracked up to be, that's way too early for it to be showing a more mature adult stage IMO. Suggests it has indica in it.

Whatever.....if it turns out to be a plant that you like, no matter what the hell it has in it, then that's all that's important. Same thing with Durban Poison. It's all over the map. Check out the 2 offers on Mandala Seeds. Same shit as "haze".

Good luck,
Uncle Ben

mudballs

Ok - so infertility can be a thing too, or just wait another week or two…

Also over decades now of doing this sometimes pollen is mismatched with the receiver, it’s my belief sativa/ NLD pollen is much more finely grained (on average) than Indica / BLD and sometimes it’s not a match and just doesn’t take… I have no clue if it’s grain size that causes it but an observation I’ve made many times; I paint a room of plants and some take some don’t, only variable different is the receiving plant(s)
Im not coming at you, i come in peace....you do good things here but i wanted you and the others to be on same page.
Scanning electron micrograph of c.sativa pollen germination
Screenshot_20240924-122835_Chrome.jpg

So this is why grain size, sativa vs. indica doesn't matter...they both carry the tube inside a 1-2um cavity. That upon absorbing water will grow into a beautiful plant penis. Maybe some out there didn't know this...I'll close my eyes and you that don't know can just grab the literature off my desk without shame

Wolverine97

Veteran
Effervescent tablet bottles have desiccant fixed on the lid if it hasn't been mentioned, to prevent them from dissolving with moisture, that's what I use mostly plus its airtight by itself, perfect combo.

Also Silica balls in the pollen container could work, maybe?
I use the little bottles that pool pH test strips come in. They have the same setup, dessicant disc in the cap, it works really well. It also works well to give your seeds a faster drying process after harvest. And for storing certain psychedelics that are sensitive to moisture...

Also I will do the double jar method for long term freezer storage. Small individual vials, or mylar envelopes, placed inside a small air tight jar, with silica beads (color changing type), seal that and put in a larger airtight jar, with more silica beads. You can tell at a glance if there is any moisture present, with the color changing silica beads. I get the orange to blue type. Hard to mess that up.

Old Uncle Ben

I found a peer reviewed study once about pollen storage. They dessicated it with 95f heat, lab oven im guessing...then froze it. I did it and lost alot of viability, idk what's right way if that fkt up on me.

I dilute it with plenty of baking flour and then store in the fridge in a small pill bottle. Last weeks which is about all I need to hit up the ladies.

Mistake folks make is sticking their used sticky brush or finger back in the main batch. Pull off only enough you feel you may need for one session, close up the bottle and stick it back in the fridge. Moisture and high RH is the enemy of pollen viability.

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

... cross I made in the early 90's Positronics Haze X Posi, Jack Herer. My avatar was the old Posi. JH I got from the Dam. Thjs was probably the first seeds to be mailed back to the states by a guy named Jock.
You know that made me smile. ;) In 97- 98, Jock sent me Sensi's JH since he couldn't get HP.

From the About section of the SouthEast Lights website:

"... That's not all they were sharing. A participant by the anonymous name (nym) of Jock lived in Amsterdam and was willing to send seeds to the U.S., something no NL based seed bank was willing to do. Quality seeds were available in BC but everyone knew the best seeds came from the NL. With Jock, it wasn't like ordering online is now; you sent cash and waited, and waited, and waited. You gave him preferences and he tried his best but you pretty much had to take what he sent. My only requirement is that the seeds come from Sensi. I wanted Hashplant but got Jack Herrer."

Unlike you, I was too paranoid back in the 90s (OGM) and would never take pictures of my seed drops. Times were different then, it wasn't like having 35 mm film developed into prints at Fotomat in the 70s.:ROFLMAO:

1000014628.jpg

Old Uncle Ben

You know that made me smile. ;) In 97- 98, Jock sent me Sensi's JH since he couldn't get HP.

From the About section of the SouthEast Lights website:

"... That's not all they were sharing. A participant by the anonymous name (nym) of Jock lived in Amsterdam and was willing to send seeds to the U.S., something no NL based seed bank was willing to do. Quality seeds were available in BC but everyone knew the best seeds came from the NL. With Jock, it wasn't like ordering online is now; you sent cash and waited, and waited, and waited. You gave him preferences and he tried his best but you pretty much had to take what he sent. My only requirement is that the seeds come from Sensi. I wanted Hashplant but got Jack Herrer."

Unlike you, I was too paranoid back in the 90s (OGM) and would never take pictures of my seed drops. Times were different then, it wasn't like having 35 mm film developed into prints at Fotomat in the 70s.:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 19072476

Lovin' it! Jock had a sense of humor too. After a few months of bitching I finally got the card and embedded seeds! Laughed my ass off!

The seeds were hidden under the "It's about time!"

FrontOfCard.jpg
Labels.jpg

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

Lovin' it! Jock had a sense of humor too. After a few months of bitching I finally got the card and embedded seeds! Laughed my ass off!

The seeds were hidden under the "It's about time!"

View attachment 19072491 View attachment 19072493
These millennial fucks, with their easy, legal seed drops where they get a fucking FedEx tracking number and bitch and complain because they're not there in 48 hours, would just _never_ understand the process we went through. :ROFLMAO:

SeedyPast

I use the little bottles that pool pH test strips come in. They have the same setup, dessicant disc in the cap, it works really well. It also works well to give your seeds a faster drying process after harvest. And for storing certain psychedelics that are sensitive to moisture...

Also I will do the double jar method for long term freezer storage. Small individual vials, or mylar envelopes, placed inside a small air tight jar, with silica beads (color changing type), seal that and put in a larger airtight jar, with more silica beads. You can tell at a glance if there is any moisture present, with the color changing silica beads. I get the orange to blue type. Hard to mess that up.
We think alike. I used to store chems in vials flushed with argon, inside a mason jelly jar with desiccant, inside a wide mouth quart mason jar, also with desiccant. I used a brand of cat litter that was 100% silica gel, very affordable 😆

Old Uncle Ben

These millennial fucks, with their easy, legal seed drops where they get a fucking FedEx tracking number and bitch and complain because they're not there in 48 hours, would just _never_ understand the process we went through. :ROFLMAO:

No shit! Bunch of spoiled panty waists.....

Speaking of seeds, after adding and removing to my Cart, reading for hours on end at Mandala, reviewing each seedbank while focusing on Ace, have finally left the following in my cart and will probably pull the trigger - Black Lebanon by Super Sativa Seed Club and Ace Bangi Haze X Panama. Just to have them in the fridge. Damn seeds are expensive coming out to around $14/each shjpped for Fems. What's wacko is I probably have 10 generations of seeds I made, no time left to taste but a few but what the hell. I did a recent cross of Real Seeds' Afghan mix X (1990 Master Kush by Afghan 90), the later being an old 1990 Amsterdam release. Should be some fine beans.

I need to put in some old Mex I've been saving for decades. Some of it would knock your socks off. I remember a lot of our S. Texas Mex being pretty edgy and with a touch of paranoia.

The problem with Mex from the old days and how it got its bad reputation as "schwag" from snooty elitist yankees who got old cut brickweed is that it was, yes, shit weed....... not properly cured and handled by the mexicans from the growers and everyone in between (very seedy, dried in the sun and pressed into bricks with manually operated hydraulic presses) and by the time it reached NY City it was old, cut, and mishandled even more causing an extreme degradation in the cannabinoids. Kicker is those inherent Mex genetics could grow some really good pot and one of Mel Frank's faves FWIW, 1985 book. I grew some outdoors harvested in Nov. and was fine weed with a happy, let's run a race down the block type of up high.

Mexican seeds.jpg

Last edited:

Farmer John

Still alive.
Veteran
No shit! Bunch of spoiled panty waists.....

Speaking of seeds, after adding and removing to my Cart, reading for hours on end at Mandala, reviewing each seedbank while focusing on Ace, have finally left the following in my cart and will probably pull the trigger - Black Lebanon by Super Sativa Seed Club and Ace Bangi Haze X Panama. Just to have them in the fridge. Damn seeds are expensive coming out to around $14/each shjpped for Fems. What's wacko is I probably have 10 generations of seeds I made, no time left to taste but a few but what the hell. I did a recent cross of Real Seeds' Afghan mix X (1990 Master Kush by Afghan 90), the later being an old 1990 Amsterdam release. Should be some fine beans.

I need to put in some old Mex I've been saving for decades. Some of it would knock your socks off. I remember a lot of our S. Texas Mex being pretty edgy and with a touch of paranoia.

The problem with Mex from the old days and how it got its bad reputation as "schwag" from snooty elitist yankees who got old cut brickweed is that it was, yes, shit weed....... not properly cured and handled by the mexicans from the growers and everyone in between (very seedy, dried in the sun and pressed into bricks with manually operated hydraulic presses) and by the time it reached NY City is was old, cut, and MORE mishandled causing an extreme degradation in the cannabinoids. Kicker is those genetics could grow some really good pot and one of Mel Frank's faves FWIW, 1985 book. I grew some outdoors harvested in Nov. and was fine weed with a happy, let's run a race down the block type of up

20240924_213022.jpg
20240924_213036.jpg
20240924_213043.jpg
20240924_213050.jpg

Farmer John

Still alive.
Veteran
20240924_213459.jpg
One leaf from my very first plant that I grew and flowered from start to finish, a Shiva Shanti bagseed. Almost 25 years ago. It's a miracle the book is still in (almost) one piece. But that's how I started before diving into internet. Reading a shitload of books and sending cash to seedbanks in Netherlands to buy my first "real" seeds and so on.

Latest posts

Latest posts