What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

JKD

Veteran
while it sounds good ,i dont think there is evidence to prove this theory ,
where is the remaining genetics ,, after this so called contamination ,
i dont , or didnt see any hybrid production ,
there may have been some hybrid , but not on a massive scale ,
and i definitely dont think its what killed the production ,,
after the decimation of the thai commercial production , the neighbouring country , Laos ,
just grew sativa,
what killed the production was the thai army at the request of the usa destroying all the crops in the isaan area ,
My father in law was in the army and helped with clearing out the guys growing crops , he got shot in the process , but hes a tough old bastard ,
still alive today , with a neat bullet wound on his lower right shoulder ...
I think military/police pressure likely shifts production to opium. Risk/reward etc.

Off topic, but I would be interested to see a study on the war on drugs against the rise of hard drugs. I would expect there is a proportional relationship between the two.

—edit: There are a bunch. “The iron law of prohibition”, etc.

Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I think military/police pressure likely shifts production to opium. Risk/reward etc.

Off topic, but I would be interested to see a study on the war on drugs against the rise of hard drugs. I would expect there is a proportional relationship between the two.

—edit: There are a bunch. “The iron law of prohibition”, etc.
Agreed 100% ,
I recall seeing a clip about that very thing, the outcome is basically the harder they are on drugs, the worse it gets,
Crazy thing is i think they are aware of this but it doesn't stop them trying to win an unwinable war..

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I missed that pic ^^. Nice (y)

View attachment 19070237
Did you guys see the pics that Etienne Fontan posted of the creeper plant that him and RCC found in the USDA cannabis field?.
Here are his pictures he posted on social media.
FB_IMG_1726920111081.jpg
FB_IMG_1726920039293.jpg
FB_IMG_1726920036206.jpg

led05

Chasing The Present

Old Uncle Ben

Interesting discussion @Chi13, @Donald Mallard.
Not sure who wrote it (Clarke maybe) but I agree there’s a relationship between volume of water transpired and volume of plant material produced.

You got the idea which I've expressed many a time - the amount of water "wicked" up from the ground/pot by the root system is relative to the volume of root and leaf mass. (Taking into account environmental conditions regarding such factors as RH, temps, wind, etc.)

Over watering is a problem with the exclusion of air.

Old Uncle Ben

I don’t have experience with growing Beldia only smoking the hash made with it so I don’t know what to tell you about those seeds. It could be fun to grow if you enough space for an experiment because you need a good sized plot to make enough hash, the return being usually 5/10% depending on the sieving process used. Dry sieving makes around 5/7% of very high quality resin.If the seeds are half-auto as they say in the description the plants must stay quite small so you need to have a good number of them also to produce enough.

Let's say you want to grow it for the flowers/bud only, not to make hash. Wouldn't the effect/high be much the same? Yeah, I understand about the chemical changes of the cannabinoids when handled, stored, etc.

Last edited:

Wolverine97

Veteran
Let's say you want to grow it for the flowers, not to make hash. Wouldn't the effect/high be much the same? Yeah, I understand about the chemical changes of the cannabinoids when handled, stored, etc.
Only if you were cloning it, and making hash from a single clone line. As I'm sure you are aware, traditional hash comes from thousands of plants mixed together, which is going to change the quality of the high compared to a single plant. But not if you were making hash from a field of identical clones, then I would think the high would be the same as the flowers. But maybe not? Depending on resin type, there may be cannabinoids and terpenes/esters/thiols that are found in the flower, but don't make it to the hash (if they weren't produced in stalked capitate trichomes). Makes me think of the Chem lines, 91 in particular. Doesn't have a ton of visible resin, and stalked capitate trich's are thin compared to many other lines... but she hits like a hammer, and tends to have greasy flower.

Some strains just don't "wash"... as they say today. Goddamn I hate the current cannabis "industry".

Old Uncle Ben

Only if you were cloning it, and making hash from a single clone line. As I'm sure you are aware, traditional hash comes from thousands of plants mixed together, which is going to change the quality of the high compared to a single plant. But not if you were making hash from a field of identical clones, then I would think the high would be the same as the flowers. But maybe not? Depending on resin type, there may be cannabinoids and terpenes/esters/thiols that are found in the flower, but don't make it to the hash (if they weren't produced in stalked capitate trichomes). Makes me think of the Chem lines, 91 in particular. Doesn't have a ton of visible resin, and stalked capitate trich's are thin compared to many other lines... but she hits like a hammer, and tends to have greasy flower.
Yeah, would definately change the character. I miss that fantastic Lebanon Blond hash we used to get around 1970. Was very euphoric.

Wolverine97

Veteran
I've heard the same, sadly I have never been able to experience it. I was born at the tail end of the 70's... so no Thai Stick, no Leb Hash, no Colombian (though we did still get "Red Bud" bricks, probably Panama). I missed a lot of the classical stuff that I can only read about now.

We did still get some occasional Jamaican bricks, but only once a year or so. Otherwise it was usually Mexican (much of that was pretty good, but also lots of trash). I did experience real Skunk quite a bit though, so there's that...

Wolverine97

Veteran
Yeah, would definately change the character. I miss that fantastic Lebanon Blond hash we used to get around 1970. Was very euphoric.
I grabbed a couple Red Lebanese hybrids the past few years. Really need to run more of them. Only grew a few two years ago, amazing Rose petal, Tootsie Roll smell and taste. Nice blissful high too, but yielded for shit.

GrandpaMillenial

I grabbed a couple Red Lebanese hybrids the past few years. Really need to run more of them. Only grew a few two years ago, amazing Rose petal, Tootsie Roll smell and taste. Nice blissful high too, but yielded for shit.

I showed Tom the seeds i made from crossing Beldia x THH.

He doesn’t like the sandy hash from morocco and said i should use a Lebanese next time and he’d smoke it all day.

Wolverine97

Veteran
I showed Tom the seeds i made from crossing Beldia x THH.

He doesn’t like the sandy hash from morocco and said i should use a Lebanese next time and he’d smoke it all day.
Yeah I really need to run more of them. But I have sooo many seeds, and not much time or space to do what I'd like to do with them. Most will get handed down to my kid when I get too old, hopefully they remain viable. They're well stored, so fingers crossed.