What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

Old Uncle Ben

If I have it right,we used to call that constrictor weed,it sucks IMO,makes you feel all tight chested and physically worried something is going on that you just know isn't good for you.
I think the reason you have to grow out so many plants to find the winners is because Tom purposefully open pollinates when making seed in an attempt to not bottleneck the genetics. IMO he's done a damn good job.

Translation - "I've got a lot of time and money on my hands".

RobFromTX

If I have it right,we used to call that constrictor weed,it sucks IMO,makes you feel all tight chested and physically worried something is going on that you just know isn't good for you.
It was quite a miserable experience for sure. Head pulsing and hand sweating and yeah my anxiety was all over the place. But it all comes down to body chemistry i suppose. The friend that mailed me some bud absolutely loves it. Its just up his alley too as hes a recovering meth addict 😅

Old Uncle Ben

Evening buddy. I believe my friend in Dallas grows the regular GT. Its his favorite smoke through and through, he likes those amped up highs but I learned after two hits that it definitely wasn't for me. Now bare in mind thats just my personal experience. Theres more than a few growers on here that don't get that negative reaction from GT at all. Im just getting too old for rave weed i guess. Thats why honduras and panama are my favorites from ace, more gentle and euphoric. But i do have some squirrel tail seeds from prempavee that should be arriving any day now that i'd like to try as they don't appear to have such a high thc profile.

I would imagine the GTxP to be in a league of its own. The panama seems to dominate anything its crossed with. Nevertheless ive heard nothing but great things about that strain (y)

Thanks for the reply amigo, need that kind of info! VERY cool that you're getting goodies from prempavee. Should be interesting. I'm researching my ass off and so far my Mandala cart of Ace seeds is Thai X Panama and Black Lebanon. Have looked at Honduras and Panama. We really need to hook up. Next time you're heading down HWY 16 south give me a PM please.

I have their Panama X Malawi beans too.

I have some really old Mexican selections from old bagweed. Grew some outdoors many years ago. Was the typical old sativa up high. That's the problem with this hobby, trying to kiss all the purty ladies before we kick the bucket.

Old Uncle Ben

It was quite a miserable experience for sure. Head pulsing and hand sweating and yeah my anxiety was all over the place. But it all comes down to body chemistry i suppose. The friend that mailed me some bud absolutely loves it. Its just up his alley too as hes a recovering meth addict 😅
No bueno! Had a friend who always had panic anxiety attacks after smoking bagweed. Just couldn't handle it. Got so bad one night we took him to the ER.

Died of alcoholism years ago.

RobFromTX

Thanks for the reply amigo, need that kind of info! VERY cool that you're getting goodies from prempavee. Should be interesting. I'm researching my ass off and so far my Mandala cart of Ace seeds is Thai X Panama and Black Lebanon. Have looked at Honduras and Panama. We really need to hook up. Next time you're heading down HWY 16 south give me a PM please.

I have their Panama X Malawi beans too.

I have some really old Mexican selections from old bagweed. Grew some outdoors many years ago. Was the typical old sativa up high. That's the problem with this hobby, trying to kiss all the purty ladies before we kick the bucket.
Absolutely buddy we'll kick it at some point real soon. Lol yeah thats a hard fact of life isn't it. So many sativas and not enough time

Old Uncle Ben

I don't have much money but I do have time. I just grow for me and what I like. I'm not running a business and I sure do hate paying the power bill each month.
My point being, life's too short. With a few exceptions when it comes to new seed purchases, I'm going to stick with stuff that has been worked and refined and Ace seems to be on track. At age 75, I have no choice albeit have plenty of money to burn. That's why I do so much grafting of tropical fruit trees with select varieties, scions - I can select, grow and enjoy the best of the best tropical fruits in the world. I mean, why waste your time on "what ifs"?

My network in that regard runs deep.

RobFromTX

No bueno! Had a friend who always had panic anxiety attacks after smoking bagweed. Just couldn't handle it. Got so bad one night we took him to the ER.

Died of alcoholism years ago.
Alcohols so destructive. I don't mess with it anymore. And i have few friends that would get paranoid back in the day from so much as a hit of bagweed. Me I miss that lime green brickweed from the 90's. I really wish i had saved some seeds like you did. Pop them before they go bad on you✌️

Cannabrainer

I've read a couple of experienced growers saying haze doesn't respond well to high temps? I find this a bit weird considering the building blocks of haze are from hot tropical areas.
For example

Screenshot_20240918-063354_Chrome.jpg

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I was thinking more about places like Thailand and India where you'd be looking at summer temps of over 35-40C. But thanks for that. The other building blocks of haze are supposedly Mexico and Colombia.

I actually live in the sub tropics and get frequent temps above 35. Always used to mystify me when I read grow books that say that this is too hot for cannabis.

Cannabrainer

The tropics are definitely place specific and there are many micro-climates. I also posted a chart on this thread or elsewhere regarding how there are veritable subtropical zones within tropical zones, like Puerto Rico, where the climate is much cooler relative to other places like the ones you speak of. Colombia and Mexico, depending on the altitude or the valleys, might be hotter or much much cooler than Puerto Rico, for example. I think they are happiest in places where it rains, regardless of temps, although anything above 35 sure brings stress if it is constant throughout the summer and thus even if the plants thrive, they produce much less.

Salva

I was thinking more about places like Thailand and India where you'd be looking at summer temps of over 35-40C. But thanks for that. The other building blocks of haze are supposedly Mexico and Colombia.

I actually live in the sub tropics and get frequent temps above 35. Always used to mystify me when I read grow books that say that this is too hot for cannabis.
Porque según mi conclusión la temperatura en interior está relacionada con el CO2. En exterior hay más CO2 y por eso no hay problema con la temperatura.

Genghis Kush.

Hemp in USA, well some of it came from China, and may have been from the basal cannabis strains.

I have a guy in Minnesota that is gonna send me some seeds from some feral central minnesota that i can play with in the future.
you'd think they would have brought domesticated Hemp strains for farming though? right?
its surprising that its showing the feral great plains stuff as undomesticated basel cannabis.
it would be very interesting to see how it relates to basel cananbis from Central and NE Asia.

good luck with the feral seeds ,sounds like a fun project

Wolverine97

Veteran
Hemp in USA, well some of it came from China, and may have been from the basal cannabis strains.

I have a guy in Minnesota that is gonna send me some seeds from some feral central minnesota that i can play with in the future.
Supposedly, there is a North American drug strain that is endemic. I have no idea whether it is true, but I've heard it called "New Mexico Land Grant", or something like that. I know a guy who sells seed for stupid prices, but I don't really trust him.

Wolverine97

Veteran
Alex Harti is the guy I mentioned, who sells seeds. His prices are high, he's pretty "out there", and he once sold me some cactus that was not what he purported them to be. So I can't recommend anyone buy from him, but who knows? It could be legit. I'm still salty about him selling me some PC as being Huachuma years ago. I've since then built my cactus garden to be pretty nice, with lots of special strains. I gave his away.

edit; he does have some unique cannabis hybrids though. I have been tempted to try his "Breath of Green Dragon", and the NMLG, but again... the cactus thing left a bad taste, almost worse than cactus itself.

AngelesMarisol

What your hero Tom Hill does with your seed money: alcoholic hebophile sex tourist Tom Hill caught on ABC Nightline bragging about taking advantage of dirt poor filipina teenagers

"Your thirty bucks is going to like feed their whole family for a week, you know? Fuck, enjoy it man... don't get too wrapped up in your head about it"

There are other clips where Tom brags about knowing the girls in one bar are under the age of 18. How does he know? Tom openly bragged here on IC about running one of these bars/ illegal brothels in Angeles City, calling these dirt poor girls trying to feed their families "little brown fuck machines"

You can believe Toms fantasy about being ripped off by everyone in the seed business or face the reality that when word got out about him being a piece of shit everyone turned their backs on him in disgust.

6m 30s mark

Latest posts

Latest posts