What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Cool. The one I'm referring to was purely Juicy Fruit, no other smells, hints of smells, tastes... just Juicy Fruit gum, nothing else. From OLD stock, not current Sensi seed stock. The ones I'm talking about would have been found in the mid-late 90's.
Probably it wasnt well cured like all street stuff. šŸ˜‰

acespicoli

My views on what is excellent is based on what we had in 1970-1980. I don't find plants as good anymore. It's not just for Haze. The resin quality and terpenes were superior.
hybrids cbd types... growing outdoor in organic soil ?
If all plants are grown in the same conditions indoors,
how many filial generations will it take till they all morph to uniformity?
phenotypic cannabis plasticity relates to latitude ?

just growing under separate lights is enough to influence leaf morphology ?

This is why local indigenous people and plants need to be protected, places of origin
  1. Tiger Tail (30)

2. Squirrel Tail (31)

3. Tanao Sri (46)

@Donald Mallard think you have grown some of these Thai varieties ?
Im interested in which ones you favored ?
  1. 0.145Squirrel Tail -31- (RSP11485)
  2. 0.176Tanao Sri-white -79- (RSP11620)
  3. 0.188CS Indica (RSP11658)
  4. 0.199Tiger Tail -78- (RSP11619)
  5. 0.202Squirrel Tail -81- (RSP11622)
  6. 0.205Tanao Sri-white -80- (RSP11621)
Mixed cbd thc local strains related, some showing different thcas and cbd genes
Will be looking forward to @Tom Hill weighing in on his Thai growing reports
and how we can increase keepers in our favorite Thai heavy phenos of his haze.
He said save everything in a open pollination cull nothing so thats what I will be doing :huggg:

Attachments

• Haze _ Kannapedia.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 10
  • Wild Thailand _ Kannapedia.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Wolverine97

Veteran
Probably it wasnt well cured like all street stuff. šŸ˜‰
Just can't help yourself can you? You know nothing about me, or the circles I have moved in. You just keep putting your own ignorance on display... can't help it I guess.

No, it was expertly cured. The original Juicy Fruit had phenos that were just that... Juicy Fruit. No poop, or other nonsense. Juicy Fruit gum only, smell and taste. The taste was the most impressive part, that carried through into the smoke.

I'm curious, when did you source your Sensi Juicy Fruit seeds? Recently, I assume? Seems if they were old stock, you would have said so.

GrandpaMillenial

Just can't help yourself can you? You know nothing about me, or the circles I have moved in. You just keep putting your own ignorance on display... can't help it I guess.

No, it was expertly cured. The original Juicy Fruit had phenos that were just that... Juicy Fruit. No poop, or other nonsense. Juicy Fruit gum only, smell and taste. The taste was the most impressive part, that carried through into the smoke.

I'm curious, when did you source your Sensi Juicy Fruit seeds? Recently, I assume? Seems if they were old stock, you would have said so.

if your anywhere near Chesterfield MI, i could literally hand you a THH clone my dude.

GrandpaMillenial

@Gypsy Nirvana

Someone claims to have a cut of yours.
ā€œNong Khai Highland Thai landrace sativa maleā€¦ā€

ā€œYears in our vaultā€ yada yada yada

IMG_1857.jpeg

IMG_1858.jpeg

Does this look like yours?

acespicoli

No, it was expertly cured.
Didnt realize in the prior post that I liked ... it may have been viewed as a shot at your curing abilities.
Apologies I didnt read it that way until I reviewed it ... thought it was just a observation that curing can change terpenes... anyway in other news :rolleyes: :mopper:
nothing pains me more than seeing a ic brother banned, use the ignore button
I always appreciate both of you :huggg:

Last edited:

Wolverine97

Veteran
Didnt realize in the prior post that I liked ... it may have been viewed as a shot at your curing abilities.
Apologies I didnt read it that way until I reviewed it ... thought it was just a observation that curing can change terpenes... anyway in other news :rolleyes: :mopper:
nothing pains me more than seeing a ic brother banned, use the ignore button
I always appreciate both of you :huggg:
No worries man, all good here! Curing can/does definitely change the terpenes, and at some point cannabinoid ratios as well.

Did someone get banned?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hybrids cbd types... growing outdoor in organic soil ?
If all plants are grown in the same conditions indoors,
how many filial generations will it take till they all morph to uniformity?
phenotypic cannabis plasticity relates to latitude ?

just growing under separate lights is enough to influence leaf morphology ?

This is why local indigenous people and plants need to be protected, places of origin
  1. Tiger Tail (30)

2. Squirrel Tail (31)

3. Tanao Sri (46)

@Donald Mallard think you have grown some of these Thai varieties ?
Im interested in which ones you favored ?
  1. 0.145Squirrel Tail -31- (RSP11485)
  2. 0.176Tanao Sri-white -79- (RSP11620)
  3. 0.188CS Indica (RSP11658)
  4. 0.199Tiger Tail -78- (RSP11619)
  5. 0.202Squirrel Tail -81- (RSP11622)
  6. 0.205Tanao Sri-white -80- (RSP11621)
Mixed cbd thc local strains related, some showing different thcas and cbd genes
Will be looking forward to @Tom Hill weighing in on his Thai growing reports
and how we can increase keepers in our favorite Thai heavy phenos of his haze.
He said save everything in a open pollination cull nothing so thats what I will be doing :huggg:

while i do have some of the seeds called those names in my stash ,
i havent grown them yet ,
however i have grown thai that resembled a squirrel tail before ,
but it was before they came up with these names , it was just called thai ...

these names are all recent and its likely they are all related anyhow , recently , or distantly ,
heck at least half are probably from imported brick weed from Laos ,
im not paying much heed to all these apparent different strains to be honest ....

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

might have to get him out of this thread , he is just a shit stirrer with nothing much to share and most of his posts are off topic ,
@CannaT , stop posting in this thread please , or you will be made to stop , we dont need your opinions or so called knowledge ....

Old Uncle Ben

I took two hits of golden tiger and it made me want to light a candle and crawl in the corner and suck my thumb for two hours. Psychedelic absolutely but euphoric? lol that just depends on the user. I know that day i learned I only like kind sativas

@RobFromTX sorry to go off topic again but I gotta ask, which GT was that? Pure GT, old first release, recent GT release or a GT hybrid? I'm (trying) to grow GT X Panama. Had a bout with whiteflies which killed one seedling, still have one left which looks like chit. Damage has been done, but am babying it.

UB

Genghis Kush.

View attachment 19068024

Large-scale whole-genome resequencing unravels the domestication history​

of Cannabis sativa

SCIENCE ADVANCES
16 Jul 2021
Vol 7, Issue 29
DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.abg2286

basal​

adjective

basĀ·al Ėˆbā-səl -zəl

Synonyms of basal
a
: relating to, situated at, or forming the base
b
: arising from the base of a stem

Presence/absence and variation of THCAS and CBDAS

Previous studies have suggested that hemp and drug types may lack fully functional THCAS and CBDAS, respectively (4, 16ā€“19), but intermediate situations where both genes are present or absent could also exist. In addition, McKernan et al. (42) found that reads from these genes and pseudogene copies may be mismapped if many pseudogene copies of THCAS and CBDAS were not assembled in a reference genome because the DNA sequences for most of these copies are more than 90% similar with each other. Although 13 Cannabis genomes are available in the National Center for Biotechnology Information (accessed 25 February 2021), most of them only have one of the two synthase genes and few pseudogene copies. To reliably check for the presence/absence across our dataset of CBDAS, THCAS, and two CBDAS pseudogenes (both consistently identified in our first mapping results and 93 to 94% similar to the original CBDAS; see below), we used the Jamaican Lion DASH (a CBDA:THCA hybrid cultivar) genome (42) as a reference (GenBank assembly accession no. GCA_003660325.2). Both full coding sequences of CBDAS and THCAS and more than 30 pseudogene copies of these genes were assembled, which ensured that reads could be properly mapped to the two genes and two pseudogene copies. The same procedure for mapping mentioned above was used. We then counted the read depth of all the 104 samples for the two genes and two pseudogenes using SAMtools with a base quality of 20 and a map quality of 30. Genes were identified as absent if no read could be mapped to the corresponding regions of the Jamaican Lion DASH genome. We further downloaded transcriptomic data from multiple tissues (i.e., root, reproductive leaf, reproductive buds, vegetative leaf, four stages of female flower, and four stages of trichome) of a cultivar [Cannbio-2 (47)] that has the two genes and the two pseudogenes. We mapped the transcriptomic data to the Jamaican Lion DASH genome using Bowtie v2.4.1 (82) and estimated the expression level for each gene using fragments per kilobase of exon per million fragments value. The significance of the expression difference between THCAS and CBDAS for the four stages of female flower and four stages of trichome, which had six replicates for each, was calculated using Wilcoxon rank-sum test.

View attachment 19068028
The cannabis burned 2500 years ago at the Jirzankal cemetery, 3000 meters high in the Pamir Mountains in far western China, was different. Excavations there have uncovered skeletons and wooden plates, bowls, and Chinese harps, as well as wooden braziers that held burning material. All are typical of the Sogdians, a people of western China and Tajikistan who generally followed the Persian faith of Zoroastrianism, which later celebrated the mind-expanding properties of cannabis in sacred texts. At Jirzankal, glass beads typical of Western Asia and silk from China confirm the long-distance trade for which the Sogdians became famous, and isotopic analysis of 34 skeletons showed that nearly a third were migrants. Radiocarbon analysis put the burials at about 500 B.C.E.
Basel cannabis in north america is surprising. I would have thought that it was feral hemp

Dime

I took two hits of golden tiger and it made me want to light a candle and crawl in the corner and suck my thumb for two hours. Psychedelic absolutely but euphoric? lol that just depends on the user. I know that day i learned I only like kind sativas
If I have it right,we used to call that constrictor weed,it sucks IMO,makes you feel all tight chested and physically worried something is going on that you just know isn't good for you.

ReprobateMind

At one point I wanted to grow THH now Iā€™m so turned off if I do I will prolly not post about it

The re occurring theme is ā€œif itā€™s not mine itā€™s bullshitā€ and ā€œu have to grow 100 plants before u think u have something special and even then itā€™s a 3-5% chance .. sounds like some bullshit to keep selling seeds and making sure u never find something ā€œbetterā€ cause if u think u found something special someone is gonna just come rain on your parade and say itā€™s shit ..and it need to flower for a certain amount of weeks or itā€™s trash

Itā€™s a lot of people in this thread with there noses up and they did nothing to further the gene pool most of them are famous for making REPRODUCTIONS of famous work or just being around the canna scene / forums long enough and interacted with few notable breeders and now they think there the authority on genetics ..I literally been online for years and watch these things evolve from basic questions to the shit storm it is now

One thing that stood out is that nevil used all of his library to make crosses .. nl 1 x 2 .. 5x2 . 5x haze etc .. at some point all breeders did was use one male to a bunch of different clones and that was the standard thatā€™s not breeding itā€™s just playing the numbers game something will be fire and a lot will be avg or below avg .. u wonā€™t kno till u grow them all side by side .. Neville said 5x haze x haze was superior to skunk x haze x haze .. little small details like that showed he paid attention to details and knew his shit cause he didnā€™t lie NL5 haze is still the shit 30 years later
I think the reason you have to grow out so many plants to find the winners is because Tom purposefully open pollinates when making seed in an attempt to not bottleneck the genetics. That's why only 3 to 5% of the plants are worth a damn. Ego has nothing to do with it. IMO he's done a damn good job with his seeds.

RobFromTX

@RobFromTX sorry to go off topic again but I gotta ask, which GT was that? Pure GT, old first release, recent GT release or a GT hybrid? I'm (trying) to grow GT X Panama. Had a bout with whiteflies which killed one seedling, still have one left which looks like chit. Damage has been done, but am babying it.

UB
Evening buddy. I believe my friend in Dallas grows the regular GT. Its his favorite smoke through and through, he likes those amped up highs but I learned after two hits that it definitely wasn't for me. Now bare in mind thats just my personal experience. Theres more than a few growers on here that don't get that negative reaction from GT at all. Im just getting too old for rave weed i guess. Thats why honduras and panama are my favorites from ace, more gentle and euphoric. But i do have some squirrel tail seeds from prempavee that should be arriving any day now that i'd like to try as they don't appear to have such a high thc profile.

I would imagine the GTxP to be in a league of its own. The panama seems to dominate anything its crossed with. Nevertheless ive heard nothing but great things about that strain (y)

Latest posts

Latest posts