What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

bigherb

Veteran
The amount of MISINFORMATION posted still is incredible. SAD ACTUALLY

DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ

Newbies do your research. Most information is still available on the Net / forums do your homework

Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER" Moderator Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Add bookmark
It's my catalog from Sacred Seeds, I asked "R" to retype it and remove the name Sacred Seeds, because I was not wanting to attract attention to myself, but "R" begged me to use it, so I said OK.
This was 5 years before Neville and his seed bank stole my varieties and started knocking them off.
This was not my first catalog of seeds. "R" also changed the prices and knocked them upwards, I did not care about that.
I still have most of the seed varieties in the deep freeze.
-SamS

1luvbigherb

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
The amount of MISINFORMATION posted still is incredible. SAD ACTUALLY

DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ

Newbies do your research. Most information is still available on the Net / forums do your homework

Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER" Moderator Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Add bookmark
It's my catalog from Sacred Seeds, I asked "R" to retype it and remove the name Sacred Seeds, because I was not wanting to attract attention to myself, but "R" begged me to use it, so I said OK.
This was 5 years before Neville and his seed bank stole my varieties and started knocking them off.
This was not my first catalog of seeds. "R" also changed the prices and knocked them upwards, I did not care about that.
I still have most of the seed varieties in the deep freeze.
-SamS

1luvbigherb
Sorry teacher....
Wasn't there a post somewhere saying it wasn't a real catalog because there was no address or order form??

mudballs

That's why it's so frustrating for us newer guys...we just can't find a truth...so we say "fk it, just see if they post pics and go from there"

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
mudballs said

I did search, i got no results using his name and "catalog"...tried posted thread and whole site

ChatGPT 4o

PROMPT> catalog from Sacred Seeds Sam Skunkman

The Sacred Seeds catalog from Sam Skunkman, a legendary figure in the cannabis industry, is a historical artifact in the cannabis breeding community. Sacred Seeds was responsible for some of the most famous strains, including Skunk #1, which revolutionized cannabis genetics.

The original Sacred Seeds catalog would include information about the strains they offered, such as:
The Sacred Seeds catalog from Sam Skunkman, a legendary figure in the cannabis industry, is a historical artifact in the cannabis breeding community. Sacred Seeds was responsible for some of the most famous strains, including Skunk #1, which revolutionized cannabis genetics.

The original Sacred Seeds catalog would include information about the strains they offered, such as:

1. **Skunk #1** – A hybrid known for its strong, pungent aroma and balanced effects. This strain is one of the earliest stabilized hybrids and became foundational in modern cannabis breeding.

2. **Haze** – A highly prized sativa that is known for its uplifting, cerebral high. It was a cornerstone strain in the development of many high-quality modern sativas.

3. **Early Pearl** – A sativa-dominant hybrid bred for outdoor cultivation in cooler climates, with early flowering times and resilience.

4. **Hindu Kush** – A pure indica strain, known for its resilience and heavy sedative effects. It has been used as a base for many indica hybrids.

5. **Afghani** – Another pure indica, contributing to the hashish heritage of cannabis, with a focus on dense, resinous flowers and a sedative effect.

These early catalogs were key resources for cannabis growers in the late 1970s and 1980s, offering seeds and growing information. Sam Skunkman and his work at Sacred Seeds helped lay the foundation for many modern strains, blending genetics from around the world.
These early catalogs were key resources for cannabis growers in the late 1970s and 1980s, offering seeds and growing information. Sam Skunkman and his work at Sacred Seeds helped lay the foundation for many modern strains, blending genetics from around the world.

PROMPT>is there a picture of this catalog

There are no widely available images of the Sacred Seeds catalog from Sam Skunkman. Since Sacred Seeds operated in the late 1970s and early 1980s, much of their work was done under the radar due to the legal climate surrounding cannabis at the time. However, the catalog, if it exists in physical form, would be a highly sought-after piece of cannabis history, especially among collectors and cannabis breeders.

Occasionally, vintage cannabis material such as this appears in niche forums or collector’s groups. You might be able to find references or discussions about it in archival cannabis publications or from dedicated seed banks and breeders who preserve these historical documents.

PROMPT> list all strains in this catalog

While there isn't a widely accessible copy of the original Sacred Seeds catalog from Sam Skunkman, we can reconstruct a list of strains that are widely believed to have been part of it based on historical accounts from breeders and enthusiasts. Here's a list of some of the most famous strains associated with Sacred Seeds:

1. **Skunk #1**
- One of the most iconic strains, a balanced hybrid that was foundational in cannabis breeding. It had a unique skunky aroma and stable genetics, which made it a favorite among growers.

2. **Original Haze**
- A pure sativa with complex genetics, believed to be a combination of landrace strains from Colombia, Mexico, Thailand, and South India. Known for its long flowering time and cerebral effects.

3. **Afghani #1**
- A pure indica strain brought from Afghanistan, known for its resin production, sedative effects, and heavy yields.

4. **Hindu Kush**
- Another pure indica strain from the Hindu Kush mountain range, praised for its resilience and hash-producing qualities.

5. **Durban Poison**
- A sativa landrace strain from South Africa, bred for its energizing effects and sweet, earthy flavors.

6. **Early Pearl**
- A sativa-dominant strain designed for outdoor growing in northern climates, with early flowering and good resistance to mold.

7. **Early Girl**
- A mostly indica strain, bred to have fast flowering times for outdoor growers in cooler climates.

8. **Mexican Sativa**
- A landrace strain sourced from the Mexican highlands, often used in breeding for its uplifting and energetic effects.

9. **Colombian Gold**
- A classic sativa landrace strain from the mountains of Colombia, known for its euphoric effects and golden hues.

10. **Thai Stick**
- A famous sativa strain from Thailand, often cited as having been used in the breeding of Haze and other sativa-dominant strains.

These strains were either sold directly or used in breeding projects by Sacred Seeds. Sam Skunkman's work in stabilizing and improving cannabis genetics through these landrace varieties played a huge role in shaping the modern cannabis gene pool.

PROMPT> catalog date

The Sacred Seeds catalog dates back to the late 1970s, with some sources placing its release around **1976 to 1978**. Sacred Seeds, led by Sam Skunkman (also known as David Watson), was active during this period in California, where they began offering seeds of strains they had bred and stabilized.

The catalog likely served as a way to distribute these seeds to a growing community of cannabis enthusiasts and breeders before cannabis culture exploded in the 1980s and 1990s. The exact year of the catalog's release is unclear, as documentation from this era of cannabis breeding was often kept low-profile due to legal concerns. However, the strains listed within would go on to influence cannabis genetics worldwide.

EDIT: ChatGPT 4o has been known to hallucinate, so some or all of this could be completely fictitious.
An LLM does this: it consolidates most of the available information from the web, no more than that.

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
Sorry teacher....
Wasn't there a post somewhere saying it wasn't a real catalog because there was no address or order form??
I didn't quote your post because I didn't find reason to take a direct shot . Several others post false information often . In this thread n others . I'd have to get paid to react to every single post . Also I don't have energy / will to fight soooo many for what I know is truth

I understand more the older I get why Sams stopped posting . Why some members jumped ship . Why some choose to lurk and not post often

How can you be offended when you're clearly wrong

Its a life lesson since we're young (atleast i thought it was ) don't speak factual if you are not certain . You can say , my recollection, my opinion , my experience but if you don't write the specific action it's taken as a factual statement

Brother you're not exactly new , My thoughts/ feelings it should be a obligation for senior canna forum members to spread Truth and knowledge

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
That's why it's so frustrating for us newer guys...we just can't find a truth...so we say "fk it, just see if they post pics and go from there"
Brother it's always been the same

I'd save / gather every post of interest in my early days . Google topic and chevk other sources and canna forums .Theory vs hypothesis

Then see what makes sense and how many stories are similar and which is far fetched . Consider the member who is posting and how their character relates to the truth of the subject

I've said I know the 3 Haze bros names and spoke with 2 , Sams confirmed my article as truth with exception of minor details . But yet I'm still doubted , stories opposite of my version are still shared, published , spread made videos about

It's like the truths of the world people want to rewrite history for personal reasons. Most enjoy a show true or not , people enjoy doubt , Many like negativity .Also often people try to discredit others

Believe half what you see and nothing you read 😉

1luvbigherb

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I didn't quote your post because I didn't find reason to take a direct shot . Several others post false information often . In this thread n others . I'd have to get paid to react to every single post . Also I don't have energy / will to fight soooo many for what I know is truth

I understand more the older I get why Sams stopped posting . Why some members jumped ship . Why some choose to lurk and not post often

How can you be offended when you're clearly wrong

Its a life lesson since we're young (atleast i thought it was ) don't speak factual if you are not certain . You can say , my recollection, my opinion , my experience but if you don't write the specific action it's taken as a factual statement

Brother you're not exactly new , My thoughts/ feelings it should be a obligation for senior canna forum members to spread Truth and knowledge

1luvbigherb
@bigherb
I felt it as a criticism towards me, if it is not so I apologize publicly, it has never been a problem for me to admit I was wrong, that's how I was raised...
I have always shown you my respect even when I did not share your opinion, because I believe that the truth must be preserved, and I have seen you work for this...
I am truly convinced that I read those things, I could also be wrong, time plays tricks on my memory too (on the other hand it is difficult to remember things read 10/15 years ago and then deleted, and I think you agree with me that too much stuff has been unfairly deleted )

But if I may say so, it is not because of the discussions in which people tries to understand and know things that some respected users have left the forum...

I hope you take this words not as attack but like a friendly hand.

CharlesU Farley

ChatGPT 4o

PROMPT> catalog from Sacred Seeds Sam Skunkman

1. **Skunk #1** – A hybrid known for its strong, pungent aroma and balanced effects. This strain is one of the earliest stabilized hybrids and became foundational in modern cannabis breeding.

2. **Haze** – A highly prized sativa that is known for its uplifting, cerebral high. It was a cornerstone strain in the development of many high-quality modern sativas.

3. **Early Pearl** – A sativa-dominant hybrid bred for outdoor cultivation in cooler climates, with early flowering times and resilience.

4. **Hindu Kush** – A pure indica strain, known for its resilience and heavy sedative effects. It has been used as a base for many indica hybrids.

5. **Afghani** – Another pure indica, contributing to the hashish heritage of cannabis, with a focus on dense, resinous flowers and a sedative effect.

PROMPT>is there a picture of this catalog

There are no widely available images of the Sacred Seeds catalog from Sam Skunkman. Since Sacred Seeds operated in the late 1970s and early 1980s, much of their work was done under the radar due to the legal climate surrounding cannabis at the time. However, the catalog, if it exists in physical form, would be a highly sought-after piece of cannabis history, especially among collectors and cannabis breeders.

Occasionally, vintage cannabis material such as this appears in niche forums or collector’s groups. You might be able to find references or discussions about it in archival cannabis publications or from dedicated seed banks and breeders who preserve these historical documents.

PROMPT> list all strains in this catalog

While there isn't a widely accessible copy of the original Sacred Seeds catalog from Sam Skunkman, we can reconstruct a list of strains that are widely believed to have been part of it based on historical accounts from breeders and enthusiasts. Here's a list of some of the most famous strains associated with Sacred Seeds:

1. **Skunk #1**
- One of the most iconic strains, a balanced hybrid that was foundational in cannabis breeding. It had a unique skunky aroma and stable genetics, which made it a favorite among growers.

2. **Original Haze**
- A pure sativa with complex genetics, believed to be a combination of landrace strains from Colombia, Mexico, Thailand, and South India. Known for its long flowering time and cerebral effects.

3. **Afghani #1**
- A pure indica strain brought from Afghanistan, known for its resin production, sedative effects, and heavy yields.

4. **Hindu Kush**
- Another pure indica strain from the Hindu Kush mountain range, praised for its resilience and hash-producing qualities.

5. **Durban Poison**
- A sativa landrace strain from South Africa, bred for its energizing effects and sweet, earthy flavors.

6. **Early Pearl**
- A sativa-dominant strain designed for outdoor growing in northern climates, with early flowering and good resistance to mold.

7. **Early Girl**
- A mostly indica strain, bred to have fast flowering times for outdoor growers in cooler climates.

8. **Mexican Sativa**
- A landrace strain sourced from the Mexican highlands, often used in breeding for its uplifting and energetic effects.

9. **Colombian Gold**
- A classic sativa landrace strain from the mountains of Colombia, known for its euphoric effects and golden hues.

10. **Thai Stick**
- A famous sativa strain from Thailand, often cited as having been used in the breeding of Haze and other sativa-dominant strains.

These strains were either sold directly or used in breeding projects by Sacred Seeds. Sam Skunkman's work in stabilizing and improving cannabis genetics through these landrace varieties played a huge role in shaping the modern cannabis gene pool.

PROMPT> catalog date

The Sacred Seeds catalog dates back to the late 1970s, with some sources placing its release around **1976 to 1978**. Sacred Seeds, led by Sam Skunkman (also known as David Watson), was active during this period in California, where they began offering seeds of strains they had bred and stabilized.

The catalog likely served as a way to distribute these seeds to a growing community of cannabis enthusiasts and breeders before cannabis culture exploded in the 1980s and 1990s. The exact year of the catalog's release is unclear, as documentation from this era of cannabis breeding was often kept low-profile due to legal concerns. However, the strains listed within would go on to influence cannabis genetics worldwide.

EDIT: ChatGPT 4o has been known to hallucinate, so some or all of this could be completely fictitious.
An LLM does this: it consolidates most of the available information from the web, no more than that.
Thanks so much for not only posting this was AI info, but more importantly, the prompts you used to elicit the info ChatGPT provided.

Personally, I found ChatGPT _much_ more accurate and reliable than most forum posts from keyboard warriors, who have become internet cannabis experts, by reading _other_ people's opinions and not actually doing the _work_ required to develop cannabis.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IME finding info on something Haze specific is no easy task. If you find info on the web and re post to get answers or to start a discussion some will misinterpret it as your posting facts. If you do have questions or find something you want to discuss post it and ignore the negative BS. Many will share what they know without any drama.

I like using chatGPT(copilot) as it will consolidate a lot of sites so you won't need to. I think it works better than using Google as a search engine.

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
Brother it's always been the same

I'd save / gather every post of interest in my early days . Google topic and chevk other sources and canna forums .Theory vs hypothesis

Then see what makes sense and how many stories are similar and which is far fetched . Consider the member who is posting and how their character relates to the truth of the subject

I've said I know the 3 Haze bros names and spoke with 2 , Sams confirmed my article as truth with exception of minor details . But yet I'm still doubted , stories opposite of my version are still shared, published , spread made videos about

It's like the truths of the world people want to rewrite history for personal reasons. Most enjoy a show true or not , people enjoy doubt , Many like negativity .Also often people try to discredit others

Believe half what you see and nothing you read 😉

1luvbigherb
I've already read Sam's version, but what do the "Haze brothers" say, meaning where did they get the seeds from?
I think I've read something but my memory fails me...

I'm surprised that Sam or someone else hasn't sent seeds to Phylos Galaxy to have genetic data...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
No one breeds with Thai...there is post of Sam when he said that he has been few times in Thailand and never find anything that is worth to mention.
But look South Indian all over the place.
Thai weed is story for US teenagers and thats all.

"South Indian Sativa. Slender sativa type. Very smooth, complex taste and smell of mango and spice with a clear cerebral high. Extremely vigorous Sativa variety!"

"South Indian is one of the main building blocks that was used to make the Original Haze back in the 70's"
well except he did ,
and lists golden not on the stick thai the best he has had other than haze ,
so maybe u need to read a little more and stop talking shit so much ....
indian has never measured up to thai ,
ive had plenty of it from folks travelling there and bringing back seeds ,
no where near the potency of good thai ...
i didnt mind it , but i couldnt measure it to thai ,
but of course u dont have the experience to make such judgements ,
just like talking shit to annoy older folks who do have the experience ,
pretty sad mate ,, you really need to talk about stuff you know something about ....

Latest posts

Latest posts