What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

There's half the problem, frosty don't mean its a great smoke
Yeap exactly this is called bottle necking and this what damages the scene follow ones person ways in selecting.

thrichromes is one sign for selection and this is one direction that someone can follow

the directions are many to choose and there are alot of secretes still to be discovered on what really makes the difference in the effects but also we need consider the audience on who will use the strain .
Is it a dealer a coffeshop ?

Or pregnant mother, a worker or heavily medicated person like me ?

So if we dont set officially criteria among us it will always be mess

FellaAndrene

No one breeds with Thai...there is post of Sam when he said that he has been few times in Thailand and never find anything that is worth to mention.
Did you start growing in 2020? :LOL:

1726493850816.png

1726493964412.png

Wolverine97

Veteran
The reason I understand for the high temps indoors being a problem is the light in artificial setting isn't the same spectrum as the sun, you have different air, wind as well. Different angles of the sun how close the light source and only one angle affects it I believe as well.

In the controlled environment higher temps don't let the plants express in the same ways as it does outdoors, just a physiological response to the artificial environment and light.
Also, vapor pressure deficit will be much different outdoors than indoors. I think it's likely a combination of all of these factors. But it's something I've thought about for decades, and don't have any firm answers... still.

Wolverine97

Veteran
No one breeds with Thai...there is post of Sam when he said that he has been few times in Thailand and never find anything that is worth to mention.
But look South Indian all over the place.
Thai weed is story for US teenagers and thats all.

"South Indian Sativa. Slender sativa type. Very smooth, complex taste and smell of mango and spice with a clear cerebral high. Extremely vigorous Sativa variety!"

"South Indian is one of the main building blocks that was used to make the Original Haze back in the 70's"
Mirakel Thai (highland) was used in quite a few things. And today, the A5xMirakel Thai has been used quite a bit by Doc D. Pretty sure Bodhi has been working with it as well.

You say a lot of things, just to try to get people to argue with you. It's super childish, and annoying.

El Timbo

Mirakel Thai (highland) was used in quite a few things. And today, the A5xMirakel Thai has been used quite a bit by Doc D. Pretty sure Bodhi has been working with it as well.

You say a lot of things, just to try to get people to argue with you. It's super childish, and annoying.

Surely he can't have meant that no one has ever bred anything with Thai - no one is that stupid are they?

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
I thought it was accepted Posi haze is/was a thai haze.

India and Nepal were on the hippy trail in the 60s. The US were in Thailand and Vietnam in the 60s so any of these could easily have been brought back to grow/breed with but India was rife with smokers all chilling :biggrin:

It was certainly widely available with a sympathetic accepting culture.
Before corporate cannabis there was only cannabis. Than corporate people made hemp and "marijuana".
In Thailand just like in all other countries in the world cannabis was used for building,cooking,medicine etc....
Indian people have long tradicion of using cannabis to get high so thats why they breed it in that way more than other nations.
Even in 17-18 senctuary Indian cannabis was consider more potent than other countries.
Just like Afgan for tradicional hashish etc...

Its all about purposes...just like Germans they imvited autobhan so in that purposes they made best cars...
Or like USA weapons....

Tom hill and all other genetics we are talking about are Israeli-American science breeded cannabis that was made from landraces from all of the world.

American people talk about Thai n Columbian just like Spaniards about Morroco,and west Germany and France about Mastricht....it were places where most weed came from back in the days.

CannaT

You say a lot of things, just to try to get people to argue with you. It's super childish
Much more truth is in the brothers grimm stories than in miracle thai storyes..Doc D just another polen chucker.
🤣🤣🤣
Why those landrace breeders dont use those landraces only ???
Why cross it to NL5xhaze or Jack Herer.

Ok im done with you guys I dont want to destroy your fake stories and believes.
Sry santa claus belivers.

Wolverine97

Veteran
Much more truth is in the brothers grimm stories than in miracle thai storyes..Doc D just another polen chucker.
🤣🤣🤣
Why those landrace breeders dont use those landraces only ???
Why cross it to NL5xhaze or Jack Herer.

Ok im done with you guys I dont want to destroy your fake stories and believes.
Sry santa claus belivers.
You seem to have trouble responding to what is actually said. I don't know how to converse with someone who responds to things that were not said. Who said anything about "landrace breeders"? And WTF is a "landrace breeder"? Who mentioned NL5xHaze being used in any of the Hazes in discussion here? Jack Herer? Literally nobody said that. Also, use spell check or something man.

Almost 2k comments, since 2020, profile on lock... yeah.

You are just a troll. Nothing more. Back under the bridge you go now.

CannaT

You seem to have trouble responding to what is actually said. I don't know how to converse with someone who responds to things that were not said. Who said anything about "landrace breeders"? And WTF is a "landrace breeder"? Who mentioned NL5xHaze being used in any of the Hazes in discussion here? Jack Herer? Literally nobody said that. Also, use spell check or something man.

You are just a troll. Nothing more. Back under the bridge you go now.
"And today, the A5 x Mirakel Thai has been used quite a bit by Doc D. Pretty sure Bodhi has been working with it as well."

A5 = Jack Herer or NL5haze

Why not Miracle Thai x Miracle Thai ???
If it is so good ??
Thats my point of talk...
But anyway I think 100% oposite of Donald Malard,Hempy and many more Landrace experts here why ruin your belives ???

Its not good belives are like islands in the stream...

Wolverine97

Veteran
"And today, the A5 x Mirakel Thai has been used quite a bit by Doc D. Pretty sure Bodhi has been working with it as well."

A5 = Jack Herer or NL5haze

Why not Miracle Thai x Miracle Thai ???
If it is so good ??
Thats my point of talk...
Ah, well thanks for clarifying that at least, without trying to rile me up. You're sort of correct there, sort of. Yes, the A5 is an NLxHaze, but not Jack Herer. That's a sister to SSH, unless my memory is worse than I thought.

But I was replying to your comment where you said "no one used Thai"... so you're cherry picking here.

CharlesU Farley

Are there other earlier/later catalogues showing Thai, Mex and Colombia vars available too? I dont recall seeing any.
I've got some old Usenet friends from the '90s who are absolute wizards at uncovering data and images that are not indexed by Google or other search engines. I told them what I was researching down in the Rabbit Hole and they sent me quite a few images regarding Hz-NL interaction back in the day. Most were irrelevant, but that one was certainly eye-opening. ;)

One thing I'm learning is Hz history is just as fucked as NL. :eek: :)

CharlesU Farley

Ah, well thanks for clarifying that at least, without trying to rile me up. You're sort of correct there, sort of. Yes, the A5 is an NLxHaze, but not Jack Herer. That's a sister to SSH, unless my memory is worse than I thought.

But I was replying to your comment where you said "no one used Thai"... so you're cherry picking here.
I'm sure this has been posted before, sorry for it being OT for this thread, but I was just down the Rabbit Hole and read this the last couple of days. It's from the Mr Nice forum:

Nevil
Breeder
Aug 15, 2010
Add bookmark

Haze
The only good haze that hit the market was from two males A and C.
Hz C male produced 5Hz1 which won a Cup or 2, this was a daughter of NL5 which won a cup. 5Hz1 when crossed with Sk1x HzC produced Silver Haze which won a Cup. Ben renamed it Jack Herrer. Somebody else renamed it Diesel. HzC X Sk1Hz C was not as good as 5Hz1.

Nevil
Breeder
Aug 15, 2010
Add bookmark
Your quite right Bigherb, It was Super Silver Haze.

Super Silver Haze, Jack Herrer and Diesel are not different lineages, they are the same cutting!

OSS

I'm sure this has been posted before, sorry for it being OT for this thread, but I was just down the Rabbit Hole and read this the last couple of days. It's from the Mr Nice forum:

Nevil
Breeder
Aug 15, 2010
Add bookmark

Haze
Hz C male produced 5Hz1 which won a Cup or 2, this was a daughter of NL5 which won a cup. 5Hz1 when crossed with Sk1x HzC produced Silver Haze which won a Cup. Ben renamed it Jack Herrer. Somebody else renamed it Diesel. HzC X Sk1Hz C was not as good as 5Hz1.

Nevil
Breeder
Aug 15, 2010
Add bookmark

Super Silver Haze, Jack Herrer and Diesel are not different lineages, they are the same cutting!
Don't confuse the diesel cut that runs in Holland with the diesel that runs in the United States, they are two different things...

CharlesU Farley

I think Sam said that list was from 1976 I bet no one has spotted this, yet I saw this list years ago, and I always focused on the Haze had a brief glance to the right with the Haze hybrids but only picked this up recently.

Purple Afghani and Early Haze x Afghani.

View attachment 19067077
I've been researching Kees Hoekert, Sensi and NL Seattle Greg, since he traded NL seeds for the nutrient formula of Grodan and Seattle water, whatever the hell that is.

People helping me with the search provide the image and I have no earthly idea where it came from... I ask them no questions and they tell me no lies.;)

Wolverine97

Veteran

Nevil
Breeder
Aug 15, 2010
Add bookmark

Haze

Nevil
Breeder
Aug 15, 2010
Add bookmark

I'm not Bigherb, but thanks.

Latest posts

Latest posts