What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
that black stuff doesnt look so good really ,
one wonders if thats some fermentation gone wrong or something ..

im currently getting some purple pot that has gone black , they are calling it black dragon ,
ive gotten it before , when it was just a dark purple , then black , and now they popped a neat little name to it , lol ..
that seems to happen with pot sometimes , it doesnt mean the folks who grew it came up with it though ,
it may have come from the distributors, just to make it sound cool ..

anyway that black apparent thai stick would need a closer inspection to see why it has gone that color , not very enticing to be honest ....
I assume you are familiar with black garlic, which is also fermented. The Thai weed I had bought in A'dam was just as black, but smelled like coffee/ chocolate. If the fermentation didn't go very well, you would have an ugly scent to it. It was not really an upper btw.

Salva

Madre Holy Grail
NH x AC
mother of holy grail NHxAC.jpg

PetePrice

My interest in Tom's Haze just diminished by 1.5%. :smoker:

I would have assumed that the 5% that Tom spoke of referred to females. If he's talking males as well how is that arrived at? Is he smoking males to assess them? Haze threads are a challenge if you actually read them and pay attention.

Well good job tropical cannabis and "haze" in particular has a very high amount of females.

Wolverine97

Veteran
I grew Jack Herer and it sucked. Only 6 seeds popped and i ended up with only one decent female out of two and it had a mediocre high. One plant even grew out looking like some extraterrestrial desert shrub with strange looking leaves. Hardly worth my $200. Just one mans experience
I haven't seen any GOOD Jack Herer for almost 20 years now. But back when it was popular, there were great phenos all over the place. Same with SSH, though I know there are still several fantastic cuts circulating.

Wolverine97

Veteran
3%,???
its 5 % , this has been mentioned over and over ,
5% ... of exceptional cannabis that is , not something good ,, real good , average ,
excellent and exceptional ....
folks act like this is uncommon but it isnt , how many of you find exceptional cannabis ?
sure plenty of good stuff , but exceptional , its a lot rarer and probably around the same as tom mentions , 5% is exceptional the rest ,, varies between , really good , good , average and shit ....
Yeah. I've been growing for almost 30 years now, and I can count the truly exceptional plants I have found on my hands after many hundreds/low thousands of seeds.

Wolverine97

Veteran
What is Mass, where are pics to prove it?

What people say vs actually do are rarely one in the same; for instance didn’t SamS say once before he was smoke testing & choosing from 10,000 plants the Haze or whatever it was…that’s gonna take a minute, lol

Seed sellers in many cases are like used car salesmen, often worse - Caveat Emptor
His pics are on IG, the past few years. I've been off there the past year though, so no idea what, if anything, he has posted there lately. But he was 100% clear, and documented the whole process...

Wolverine97

Veteran
So like ten leafy plants hung under canopy not grown to maturity, that pic Tom posted earlier was laughable IF it’s what he’s bringing to table with current projects, I see endless growers in here doing much more just tossing & sharing w friends

I take nothing away from SamS contributions and respect him for them; I just don’t trust his word any further than I can throw him… it’s the curse of a photographic memory my friend ;)
It was 500-something plants, man.

Wolverine97

Veteran
that’s what really counts; I’d just appreciate sellers being more forthright with what they sling…. At least to the best of their abilities ;)
He was selling them through IG. And he was 100% clear, and forthright in the entire process, start to finish. Even documented the couple of hiccups he had, went into why, what happened, and how he would approach the next round as a result.

CharlesU Farley

Yeah. I've been growing for almost 30 years now, and I can count the truly exceptional plants I have found on my hands after many hundreds/low thousands of seeds.
Add a decade and a half of experience to yours and that has been my experience as well. :)

I've been working on a project for several years now and believe I _finally_ found "the one" pistillate plant, that I know will do exactly what I want it to do.

Now I got to get to work on the staminant plant to match up with her. ;)

CharlesU Farley

If only you could just reverse her to give you that staminate plant...
I doubt I could but even if I could, I would never try. That's just not me.

See here and I'll warn you, it ends up like a Hz thread: :ROFLMAO:

PetePrice

That's not really breeding. Fine if you're just looking for a keeper pheno to clone. Not so much if you're going to continue working toward a goal.

What is the end goal? As he has described this plant as " the one" and if selfing isn't really breeding then what is it?
If he has a female plant he deems "the one" then selfing it and using a punnett sq is invaluable (one time a punnett sq is) as this would reveal to he (the breeder) the ratios etc and how to proceed (and enable the breeder seed for future endeavours) but it's irrelevant really as Farley ain't selfing the plant.
But what is the goal? Especially for line bred populations? To pass a few traits at best? or is it to find stand out plants?

Anyway well away from haze now but then again you're going through fem seeds mostly with haze so....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts