What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

Salva

I'm going to jump in for fun since everyone is out in this thread and throw my two cents in.

From the Johnny->StarCrash->ICMag Seedsman Haze line I found a Citrus Phenotype. I think when Sam refers to Haze with Thai bloodlines he is speaking about the combination of naturalized cannabis which would have included Thai, that had been brought to Columbia. The Citrus phenotype has an incredible citrus aroma with a menthol backend that i associate with Asian varieties. From what I remember about the effect it was very clean, up, cerebral. That is what I would call the "Thai" phenotype. Original Haze is a 100% Columbian hybrid.
Y esto explica que a la OT1 colombiana le llamen Haze y a la colombiana de Mandala Seeds Haze también 😀

Old Uncle Ben

City folks lol im in san saba county. Scorpions are just a fact of life here. Its not a matter of if but when. They get me atleast once a year

That doesnt look like a bark scorpion though. Is it red?

Brown scorpion.

Sonbitch, we're neighbors @RobFromTX I'm just south of you. You got a lot of rain recently. Cousin in Llano got 7"!

I sprayed with Tempo Ultra SC inside, etc. It nails them. Demon is another good one. Safe for pets, no smell.

Message me when you're headed south and I'll give you the cooks tour. Got seeds to share if you need them. Key limes are coming on strong too. Great quaffing tequila anejo or a key lime pie.

Checked on my faves this morn and damn if one of the Golden Tigers didn't get nailed probably by a grasshopper. Guess I need to move them under lights until I get enough foliage that I can stand to lose some.

Ben

Old Uncle Ben

Sam had told Nevil you need to outcross Haze, Nevil didn't listen made pure Haze and found Sam was right that's why he out crossed HzA made selections then crossed HzC to that.

Every one acts like Sam gifted Nevil the seed and forget Nevil a seed seller paid for the seed.

This is what's so ironical. So many folks are gaga over a god-knows-what's-in-it mutt that didn't have decent potency on its own but lo and behold cross it out and by magic the progeny automatically takes on potency from the mutt's potency that never existed in the first place????? I can only laugh.

So how did Sam come across this revelation, by crossing it out quite a few times and smoking the offspring. Seems weird to me.

I was under the impression that your chances were better for getting potent progeny if your parentage was potent too.

And let me remind you the original Haze was Acapulco Gold X Columbia Gold X (Thai X S. Indian), the latter two being added into the mix by Sam's friend and pollen chucker a little later.......or so the legend goes @Salva :greenstars:

Uncle Ben

Last edited:

RobFromTX

Brown scorpion.

Sonbitch, we're neighbors @RobFromTX I'm just south of you. You got a lot of rain recently. Cousin in Llano got 7"!

I sprayed with Tempo Ultra SC inside, etc. It nails them. Demon is another good one. Safe for pets, no smell.

Message me when you're headed south and I'll give you the cooks tour. Got seeds to share if you need them. Key limes are coming on strong too. Great quaffing tequila anejo or a key lime pie.

Checked on my faves this morn and damn if one of the Golden Tigers didn't get nailed probably by a grasshopper. Guess I need to move them under lights until I get enough foliage that I can stand to lose some.

Ben
Thanks buddy a guy can always use more seeds. Yeah everytime people bitch about running out of water here the place gets flooded 😅

Golden tiger is a strain i definitely wont try again, too trippy for me but i have a friend in dallas that grows it religiously.He says its a great meth replacement. Im really interested in running the thai that dubi released as well as the THH as it sounds more up my alley but only after i finish these mountain golds

Last edited:

Salva

This is what's so ironical. So many folks are gaga over a god-knows-what's-in-it mutt that didn't have decent potency on its own but lo and behold cross it out and by magic the progeny automatically takes on potency from the mutt's potency that never existed in the first place????? I can only laugh.

So how did Sam come across this revelation, by crossing it out quite a few times and smoking the offspring. Seems weird to me.

I was under the impression that your chances were better for getting potent progeny if your parentage was potent too.

And let me remind you the original Haze was Acapulco Gold X Columbia Gold X (Thai X S. Indian), the latter two being added into the mix by Sam's friend and pollen chucker a little later.......or so the legend goes @Salva :greenstars:

Uncle Ben
La leyenda es más simple de lo que parece 🤭

Salva

Thanks buddy a guy can always use more seeds. Yeah everytime people bitch about running out of water here the place gets flooded 😅

Golden tiger is a strain i definitely want try again, too trippy for me but i have a friend in dallas that grows it religiously.He says its a great meth replacement. Im really interested in running the thai that dubi released as well as the THH as it sounds more up my alley but only after i finish these mountain golds

CharlesU Farley

I have isolated both sides of the Haze in the Nevils Haze, I can now throw seed down and constantly find HzA or HzC types.
In his best Michael Corleone voice, ... "as soon as I think I'm _out_, they draw me back _in_". :) and I know this is OT for the thread, but I don't do the PM, DM, IM thing... whatever y'all call it when people talk behind other people behind their back, on a public forum. ;)

That sounds _intriguing_. I've done that with NL. Are we talking about basic, structural, phenotypical expression that's easy to observe, like this:

Or are you talking about your isolated phenos having specific _smells_, i.e. sandalwood, licorice, chocolate, etc. or a certain type of _high_, ie trippy, psychedelic, invigorating, etc.???

I would absolutely _love_ see Nevil's NL #5, reconstituted by your reverse engineering, if that's what you've done. (y)

The individualized Colombian / Mexican / Thai/whatever else people believe went into the makeup of Hz... not so much.:)

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
F1's are known to almost always be better than the parents...
Yes that's what I was going to say. True f1s from unrelated lines .
Like corn is inbred to f7 or f8 and those aren't good for anything but breeding. But Mix 2 of those lines with inbred depression together and you get an excellent f1 that is better than both parents.
Sam knew Haze had been inbred a lot, so said to outcross and offspring would be better than parents.
when we see our "f1s" that aren't better than the parents, I guess that means the parents we are using aren't inbred enough or unrelated enough to produce true f1s

Knop

They have so many squirrel tail varieties. I just wonder how different they really are🤷‍♂️
I found this one the most interesting, because it was before legalization.

Attachments

• Captura de tela 2024-09-08 063541.png
    Captura de tela 2024-09-08 063541.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 52

Latest posts

Latest posts