What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
One thing is metallic .... many tropical sativas from different origins can have metallic notes.
For example, Oldtimer's Haze, Thai strains, and Sumatran strains can be metallic.

Point is, can you mention a Thai strain that is incense-like, similar to Haze? I have yet to find one.

On the other hand, the incensey, meaty terpenes are well known to be present in some of the finest American sativas from Colombia, Panama, and Mexico.

The Outback Haze we have is Thai-dominant. We also have a Haze C female clone from same source, which seems to be like a NL Haze C inbred to a Haze C male side. Thanks to Yo Sammy ive grown and breed with original Nevil's Haze and original F1 Haze hybrids from Nevil such as C5 Haze from, HashPlant HazeC, breed a bit with them, so I am quite familiar with Haze C and its offspring. And in my first hand experience with many landrace strains, Haze C is citrus fruity uplifting Thai like, while Haze A is leathery, meaty, incensey Colombian sativa dominant.

I don't think you or me can grow Nevil's Haze hybrids indoors to perfection like Yo Sammy does.

When i was kid, I used to think like you on the Thai vs Colombian influence in Haze hybrids, i thought the incense in Haze came from Thai: WRONG. It's the opposite, the incense in Haze comes from American sativa genepool, i have learnt this through actual first hand experience with the landrace sativas of these places of origin

And let's also remember Sam's says Haze is all Colombian, so Haze C is Thai dom means in my book that is a Thai-like Haze, or perhaps a Haze Thai cross.

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Those must have been some crazy times. Did you ever meet Dirk Dirksen? I hear his back-and-forth interactions with the crowd were hilarious.
Ya - I knew Dirk and he was a good compare/stage announcer - introducing many bands like The Dead Kennedys - The Avengers - The Dills - The Zero's - CRIME -The Mutants - the Off's - Black Flag - The Screamers (from L.A.) - and many more - so many more - even Madness from the UK played at The Mabuhay Gardens - it was my first job in S.F. - and I lived in a cheap hotel across the street called The Skyway Hotel - didn't see any Haze though back then (1978-82) - so I think we are getting a tad off-topic - lol

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
One thing is metallic .... many tropical sativas from different origins can have metallic notes.
For example, Oldtimer's Haze, Thai strains, and Sumatran strains can be metallic.

Point is, can you mention a Thai strain that is incense-like, similar to Haze? I have yet to find one.

On the other hand, the incensey, meaty terpenes are well known to be present in some of the finest American sativas from Colombia, Panama, and Mexico.

The Outback Haze we have is Thai-dominant. We also have a Haze C female clone from same source, which seems to be like a NL Haze C inbred to a Haze C male side. Thanks to Yo Sammy ive grown and breed with original Nevil's Haze and original F1 Haze hybrids from Nevil such as C5 Haze from, HashPlant HazeC, breed a bit with them, so I am quite familiar with Haze C and its offspring. And in my first hand experience with many landrace strains, Haze C is citrus fruity uplifting Thai like, while Haze A is leathery, meaty, incensey Colombian sativa dominant.

I don't think you or me can grow Nevil's Haze hybrids indoors to perfection like Yo Sammy does.

When i was kid, I used to think like you on the Thai vs Colombian influence in Haze hybrids, i thought the incense in Haze came from Thai: WRONG. It's the opposite, the incense in Haze comes from American sativa genepool, i have learnt this through actual first hand experience with the landrace sativas of these places of origin

And let's also remember Sam's says Haze is all Colombian, so Haze C is Thai dom means in my book that is a Thai-like Haze, or perhaps a Haze Thai cross.
I never picked up metal or metallic to be honest, Thai can change a lot threw flower in how they smell through the different stages of maturity and So can Haze.

You do know none of those clones came from Nevil or were ever verified by Nevil and Nevil never received those clones after organising them to be collected and sent to him ?, Master Funk posted this in this forum along with the Skype conversation between Sammy and Nevil.

What a lot of you don't know is Nevil had flowers of set clones sent to him at a later date and after sampling them Nevil no longer wanted them. Nevil told me this a few months before he passed on, Nevil said they had either lost their spark or were not the same clones (his wards).

If I was to buy Haze today, I would grow 3 peoples Haze Tom Hills / Shantis / and Johnny's.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Outback Haze used the NH36 not 23 , the NH23 was the Kariba African x , and the heaviest Incense/Frankincense strain I've tried/run from all of Nevil's Grail project strains .

These 3 are the best strains I've run from the Grail Project Nevil made RIP 🙏

Outback Haze

Nevil Haze 23 x Kariba

Swiss Thai Nevil

Any Haze Freak would be blown away by all 3

Outback Haze hybrid ( Outback Haze 2 x NH21 x Mullumbimby Madness)has produced the best seed a Long term grower( decades) of Nevil's famous clones said he ever found 🙏

Swiss Thai Nevil hybrid ( Super Silver Sour Thai Nevil) has prodcued 2nd place @piffcon( largest Haze cup ever) this year in over 75 day category, grown entered by @blue.esatellite 🙏

Nevil Haze 23 x Kariba African has prodcued the most Frankincense/Incense strains I've run in over 20 years , and expect it to make some noise down the line , especially with the old Dutch crew who love the Incense/Frankincense Haze strains

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hempy, you only know about AC mixed (Nevil's Haze) but not the A offspring or C offspring separately. So how can you possibly understand what A or C means to us? Specifically, what traits do A and C pass on to their offspring, and what traits differentiate them from each other? You continue to fail in your understanding, not only due to reasoning based on words, and not first hand experience, but also due to lack of mental flexibility.

I am not going to waste my time replying to you because it feels like talking to a wall. I primarily want to speak up so that others do not repeat or spread the nonsense misconceptions you have talked about Haze.

If it's your Thai what's in Outback Haze (alongside Haze), then is a lemony one, and you haven't realized yet.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hempy, you only know about AC mixed (Nevil's Haze) but not the A offspring or C offspring separately. So how can you possibly understand what A or C means to us? Specifically, what traits do A and C pass on to their offspring, and what traits differentiate them from each other? You continue to fail in your understanding, not only due to reasoning based on words, and not first hand experience, but also due to lack of mental flexibility.

I am not going to waste my time replying to you because it feels like talking to a wall. I primarily want to speak up so that others do not repeat or spread the nonsense misconceptions you have talked about Haze.

If it's your Thai what's in Outback Haze (alongside Haze), then is a lemony one, and you haven't realized yet.
Dubi I have a HzA hybrid the SkxHzA and I know the differences because of two main reasons, one and the most important part to unravelling the puzzle was Nevil. The second part was decades of growing Nevils Haze work.

The truth seams to bother you Dubi and if you want to continue this discussion please lets take it to a dedicated thread or PM so we don't continue to take the thread off-topic as it's not fair on the others.

Nexus7

Yeah there's no lemon in the Deliverance ('78 Thai x NHz f2) I'm running!

And didn't really pick up any lemon in the other 3 NHz f2's I ran ... maybe one had a pinch of lemon in there somewhere but was much more oily like sandalwood essential oil.

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
IN A WORLD - WHERE HAVING THE BEST HAZE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING

ONE MAN - WILL RISE ABOVE THEM ALL

Christopher Lambert is Raco, a simple man who likes simple pleasures - smoking tom hill haze and playing the guitar.

BUT NOW - he will have to navigate hordes of blood thirsty haze aficionados and maintain peace and politeness in the realm of the forum. 👮‍♂️

IMG_20240908_122702.jpg

THE HAZE WARS, Vol. 3
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

This summer only on ICMAG​

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have photos of all of them, OJD including the first Outback Haze Nevil ran.

The last one I was not sure on.
I still have the Original Grail seeds in the fridge of all 3 mentioned, and several other strains Nevil made from the Grail project I've not even popped yet ( Mullumbimby x Kush hybrids etc and others).

Germination rates not great so I'm waiting for perfect time/conditions to get back into them.

But I already offer hybrids of all 3 strains, Outback Haze , Swiss Thai Nevil and Nevil Haze 23 x Kariba African hit back to the Grail project strains , and even x to modern strains like my SSSDH, and some legendary clones like Chem d , Original Diesel and several others

Last edited:

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
for us in Santa Cruz county mid-70’s “Buddha sticks“ came in bundles and was dark (Choc) in color and was lowland dik in dirt high smoke……… old HS friend had a Corolla with a trunk full every morning at Aptos High for sale……
the highland thai sticks I experienced in early 70’s in SoCal were 1/4 the size, had golden sheen color, super sticky, very spicy taste and strongest cerebral ganja ever ….to this date sativa wise, nothing better for myself…
ganj on…..

FellaAndrene

It's kinda funny, but one of the strongest Haze kinda effects I ever got was from Sensi Seeds' Jack Flash. That's a (Skunk #1 x Maple Leaf) x (NL5 x Haze) line, apparently.

The flower smelled really pissy and pine-sol like. It tasted chemical and metallic.

We couldn't sleep the next night after smoking that. I always panicked like I thought I had a heart attack. Time stopped making sense. Friends were too high to leave for home. We were peeking through the curtains and hearing nonexistent noise all night long.

One of my friends stopped smoking altogether after experiencing psychosis-like symptoms because of it.

LostSoulsofHaze

I'm going to jump in for fun since everyone is out in this thread and throw my two cents in.

From the Johnny->StarCrash->ICMag Seedsman Haze line I found a Citrus Phenotype. I think when Sam refers to Haze with Thai bloodlines he is speaking about the combination of naturalized cannabis which would have included Thai, that had been brought to Columbia. The Citrus phenotype has an incredible citrus aroma with a menthol backend that i associate with Asian varieties. From what I remember about the effect it was very clean, up, cerebral. That is what I would call the "Thai" phenotype. Original Haze is a 100% Columbian hybrid.

led05

Chasing The Present
Like I said Dubi I have never grown or come across a lemon smelling Thai over ripe rotten fruit yes acrid smelling yes blood meat type smell yes just never lemon.

The Outback Haze is a Thai/NH21 x NH23 (need to check on the last, regardless it's a 1/3 Thai 2/3rds NH feminised hybrid. You posted said it the outback clone came from Nevil nope it was selected and came from Michka she collected the seed from Nevil in Australia.

I wouldn't call any of the Outback Haze heavy Thai to be honest.

Do Sammys Plants look like this Dubi ?

View attachment 19062234
Have flowers that look like this

View attachment 19062235
View attachment 19062236

What you guys call HzA is in fact HzC types.
I 100% agree with you on this Hempy

HazeA / SE Asian dark, liver, metal shop, wild growth trippy like plants, pointy fat calyxes, large seeds, sometimes minty & menthol background behind more sinister smells, crocodile leafs, sometimes 2, even 3 serrations per leaflet

HazeC / SA - uplifting, fruity, incense, lemon, tiny seeds, tiny calyx , smooth leaf serrations normally one serration per leaflet, very thin leafs

I’ve grown endless SA sativas & many smell exactly like HazeC

I’ve also had many huge calyxed dark SE Asians, some also have burnt rubber & plastics smell, meaty, metal shop, get you peeking out windows high etc, that’s the SE Asian side, countless examples of this

Cheers & thx for your insights

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
Outback Haze used the NH36 not 23 , the NH23 was the Kariba African x , and the heaviest Incense/Frankincense strain I've tried/run from all of Nevil's Grail project strains .

These 3 are the best strains I've run from the Grail Project Nevil made RIP 🙏

Outback Haze

Nevil Haze 23 x Kariba

Swiss Thai Nevil

Any Haze Freak would be blown away by all 3

Outback Haze hybrid ( Outback Haze 2 x NH21 x Mullumbimby Madness)has produced the best seed a Long term grower( decades) of Nevil's famous clones said he ever found 🙏

Swiss Thai Nevil hybrid ( Super Silver Sour Thai Nevil) has prodcued 2nd place @piffcon( largest Haze cup ever) this year in over 75 day category, grown entered by @blue.esatellite 🙏

Nevil Haze 23 x Kariba African has prodcued the most Frankincense/Incense strains I've run in over 20 years , and expect it to make some noise down the line , especially with the old Dutch crew who love the Incense/Frankincense Haze strains
Incense & Frankicense IME are African & SA traits

Latest posts

Latest posts