What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

Old Uncle Ben

Damn man you're blasting armadillos?:oops: I dont see many around these days. atleast not in the hill country
Have no choice. They dig up my yard looking for grubs. Pests - I lose about 2500# of wine grapes each year to raccoons. Finally gave up after netting for years. You city folks have no clue what real farmers go thru fighting pests - fungus rots, birds, mites, hail. Now we have an epidemic of grasshoppers.....then there's always scorpions. Got stung again recently putting on my choos and not checking them first.

While putting in my glaucoma drops in the bathroom, what did mah red eyes see?

Scorpion.jpg

RobFromTX

Have no choice. They dig up my yard looking for grubs. Pests - I lose about 2500# of wine grapes each year to raccoons. Finally gave up after netting for years. You city folks have no clue what real farmers go thru with pests. Now we have an epidemic of grasshoppers.....then there's always scorpions. Got stung again recently putting on my choos and not checking them first.

While putting in my glaucoma drops in the bathroom, what did mah red eyes see?

View attachment 19062048
City folks lol im in san saba county. Scorpions are just a fact of life here. Its not a matter of if but when. They get me atleast once a year

That doesnt look like a bark scorpion though. Is it red?

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
With all the Thai experienced in in this thread, not a single one of you had mentioned the Choclate Thai aka Buddha Thai circulating in 1981, in 1982 ?
Choclate Thai is a name you Americans used and gave Thai, we just called it Thai or Buddha here.

The Thai line, a close friend collected from Thailand in 1986 was called Golden Buddha by the Thai who collected the seed for us.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Most of the Thais I grew went from green at harvest to brown once the flowers were dry no cure yet so over say 5 to 7 days the colour change a cured. Then you have what I call low land Thais, the flowered go from green to brown with a cure store.

The colour veiled a bit from a light brown to a very dark brown.

1725752842126.jpeg

1725752867991.jpeg

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
it was here, and it most definitely existed Yeah, but I want to know who has experience with the Thai as I described it in 1981 and 1982..
tom has mentioned it on occasion fp ,
i recall him saying it was compressed and like a cow pad in shape,
and super good ...
but it may be something just in america and no one else saw it ,
ive only ever heard mention of it from americans ...

Brother Nature

I've definitely heard of Chocolate thai on the west cast, where I grew up as late as the early 2000's. The old heads who spoke of it had said it was locally (northern California) grown stuff from seeds found in thai imports in the 80's, but I definitely wasn't knowledgeable or connected enough to verify that any more than through hearsay and conjecture. We would come across it every once and a while, but I don't recall it being anything special, was generally poorly processed outdoor, probably just named that to try to sell better. Those were the days when OG was hitting the scene hard though so most people were pushing that and not longer flowering less 'bag appeal' stuff.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Choclate Thai is a name you Americans used and gave Thai, we just called it Thai or Buddha here.

The Thai line, a close friend collected from Thailand in 1986 was called Golden Buddha by the Thai who collected the seed for us.
I think we’re starting to align recollections

Latest posts

Latest posts