What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
✓
Veteran
😛 hee hee
05446F87-EAB2-445F-AFD7-1871E0A928C3.jpeg

Chi13

ICMag Donor
The plant will be advanced by sharing genetics, not hoarding, whether for free or money. If you take the view that you won't share in case someone you dislike gets hold of it, you'd never share anything. Once it's out there, no bringing it back though. I am actually growing an outback haze cross, Hempy. Curious what did you expect would happen once the cross was made?
(and please, not having a go at you)

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The plant will be advanced by sharing genetics, not hoarding, whether for free or money. If you take the view that you won't share in case someone you dislike gets hold of it, you'd never share anything. Once it's out there, no bringing it back though. I am actually growing an outback haze cross, Hempy. Curious what did you expect would happen once the cross was made?
(and please, not having a go at you)

I fully expected to see just what i am now mate and why i gave the seed with conditions and i trusted Nevil to honor them and he did.

I never had a problem in Thai crosses being sold if i did i would of never shared it with the worlds most famouse seed breeder and seed seller.

led05

Chasing The Present
To be fair on Macs side he did give me golli haze pure, tom hill haze pure, seeds man as well all pure and hybrids.
Indeed :tiphat: off to that !

And, Yeah me too (+ like 10 other things), @ early 2019 BF work was done & I was grateful; of course we were sharing with one another as friends…

I take issue personally with a handful of lies I was told over the years (inheriting that home from an uncle only to see later all that eviction nonsense was a huge really really odd one); for me without integrity everything else is a nonstarter it’s all just BS….

It doesn’t diminish the work, passion & generosity he has as a person and has shown over the years, it just means I can’t trust anything he tells me, and that really sucks…

We all have our good & bad & reasons for doing what we do, but it effects others of course also

Peace

JohnnyChicago

Please guys, let MadMac out of this.

But this last message is bit much, not only dragging me to your petty dramas but straight out lying ?
I am not your seed tester. We never agreed to such deal, unfortunately for you and me, I have very good memory so feel free to check our messages and I expect your apology for dragging me into this bullshit. (I know I wont get it). This is THH thread, sorry everyone but I would like to clear this up.
I asked you, Johnny, if you are interested to trade Seedsman Haze seeds to have a chance to run bigger selection as I had 16 seeds from MadMac already. You sent pure Seedsman Haze, one generation removed from original stock. I dont care that you want to be fancy with it and call it 10 years of progeny testing and keeping clones. Its still "F2" man. I grew 10 seeds from your selection mix of 5F+8F x Metallic Male and you were surprised none of the females smelled metallic. So much for the progeny testing huh?

The 2nd batch of seeds you sent because you reported heavy frankincense from the line which was too tempting for me not to ask for another trade. I offered you A5Haze S1 and Bandaid Haze x A5Haze F1 and you accepted the deal but your safe addy didnt work out and I told you, let me know anytime, the seeds are yours, remember? Well if not, I encourage you again to check our conversation. And your only condition that came with those seeds was not to share with anyone that want to make money with it. So get your facts straight.

I still value the rest of the Seedsman Haze i got left from you (maybe more than I should) to plant just few seeds here and there and its reserved for another reproduction, which I plan to do.

You know whats sad, the sharing of OHaze over the last few years could have been one of the best things that happened on the canna scene, stuff legends are made of. But at this stage, it just left a very bitter taste in my mouth. If I knew that sharing of Haze will come with such dose of drama and bullshit, I would look elsewhere as I do lately.

Keep me out of it.

Wat's that for an agressive answer? Did it hurt your ego to get treated of seed tester? It was the goal.

You can spread the influencer poison that you want. I document everything. Especially my OH share that I made publicly. To avoid that.

And I keep my word when I say that I accept no trades. There are some who can confirm that I accept no trades. Who do you think that you are? That I should accept trades from you and not from others???

You insisted for shitty your trade. And I told you "I cannot accept seeds for the moment, because I have no safe addy" like I say to everybody, they can all confirm.

And offered to send you the seeds and to look later. That's all. But the conditions of my sharing are clear. No trade.

elanius.jpg

It's not a must to test, it was written in the conditions too. But my test line is a test line.
Don't accept test lines from breeders, if you want not get called holder of test lines.
Or buy you own seeds.

ela.jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's not like it used to be that's a fact. There are not many left that does nice things just to be nice and not expect something in return. Never expect anyone to return any kindness shown to them. It ain't worth the BS it causes. Never get upset when someone says no when asked. I see this happen way too much. People focus on petty trivial BS that's out of their control.

StickyBandit

I was growing over 20 years before I even knew seeds were a commodity. Seeds were freely shared.
It wasn't like that here in New Zealand. If the wrong people knew you had something growing they turned up in numbers and took your stash and whatever else they wanted because you couldn't go to the cops! I saw 4 strains in about 30 years! Two I wish I still had. One looked like a Jack H and kicked serious ass. It was found in an attic of a house some friends were renting, it's gone now because we didn't think to preserve it then and the other was a cut of Silver Pearl. Both from about 25 to 30 years ago. We had to get rid of the Pearl because you couldn't hide the smell at all!

Last edited:

Lugo

Veteran
Yes, All versions of Haze are hybrids. THH is listed as a 4-way cross out of Sam Skunkmans stock by way of Positronics seeds ("Original Haze") circa mid 1990's.

Seedsman Ohaze is listed as a 4 way cross from the same locations as THH.
Mexico, Colombia, S. India, Thailand

No clue if this is correct.
View attachment 18817476
I think most people don't lol I definetely can't be sure but I like the idea that a haze is at least a 3 way cross of different 'landrace Sativas' (can be more possibly) although (and I can't be sure of course) I believe personally that people started to refer to the bud as 'haze' referring specifically to the Colombian. I always go back to the word itself 'haze', because thats how it feels like, like a speedy, energetic haze. I can imagine that any of these first 'hazes' were many peoples first smoke. Ive also heard this referred to in some circles as 'Pure Haze'. Its a wonderful puzzle to try to solve. Heres a picture of my non-hybridized, un-worked, point of origin Colombian from 2021

Great thread!

Attachments

• 20210513_180950~3.jpg
    20210513_180950~3.jpg
    560.6 KB · Views: 78
  • original_6bfbf1e2-d4ef-42f6-a1c3-9d24d3ab2c3a_20210421_182940.jpg
    original_6bfbf1e2-d4ef-42f6-a1c3-9d24d3ab2c3a_20210421_182940.jpg
    793.6 KB · Views: 94
  • original_01890a0c-8a84-4a42-bb4a-16fac91dab6b_20210505_163848.jpg
    original_01890a0c-8a84-4a42-bb4a-16fac91dab6b_20210505_163848.jpg
    796.8 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

elchischas

Veteran
Without commercial seed sellers I wouldn't have access to much. Just saying :)
I got more than 25 years growing mota and just recently start to pay for seeds.
I was always a person of sharing and in most of the exchanges that I did they never ended up sending anything :dunno:
But come on, they were just seeds, what's the problem..

now I see how much money is made with "simple" seeds. And if only they gave you credit for sharing the genetics..
a lot of ego and greed is what I currently see here and many sites
not even the forums are what they once were.

Lugo

Veteran
We can debate specifically which Haze lines today express different Genetics / landrace

But this picture below of 1976 Santa Cruz field grown Original Haze does not look like Tom Hill Haze
Don't want to butt in this exchange to much but I did wan't to comment on that last picture. I'm no expert but thats a Colombian if I ever saw one. I think most of the problems we might have identifying our beloved plants revolve around people naming or renaming thinģs. Would you be surprised if 'original haze' or 'pure haze' was just a very normal but exceptional Colombian? I think that the plants that were being smoked in the 60's and 70's needed no improvement. But if we had just stayed put with those we never would have had Haze, Skunk, NL and a plethora of other good stuff. I think worked lines are out and the unimproved originals are in. I would not want to go into a breeding with doubt about provenance, chemotype etc. Like the hashmakers and dog breeders say, quality in, quality out. Heres some pics of my Colombian from the late 90's and the most recent from 2021, cheers!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1678419542298.jpg
    FB_IMG_1678419542298.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 57
  • FB_IMG_1678419215168.jpg
    FB_IMG_1678419215168.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 62
  • FB_IMG_1678419207053.jpg
    FB_IMG_1678419207053.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 59
  • original_7bb9de67-8129-4d88-ac74-6f75de3fcc1a_20210304_114100-2.jpg
    original_7bb9de67-8129-4d88-ac74-6f75de3fcc1a_20210304_114100-2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 62

Lugo

Veteran
I got more than 25 years growing mota and just recently start to pay for seeds.
I was always a person of sharing and in most of the exchanges that I did they never ended up sending anything :dunno:
But come on, they were just seeds, what's the problem..

now I see how much money is made with "simple" seeds. And if only they gave you credit for sharing the genetics..
a lot of ego and greed is what I currently see here and many sites
not even the forums are what they once were.
Totally right.

*GROWHIGH*

Veteran
well,.. the vigour is certainly back in the haze ... in more ways than one :sasmokin:shame to see all this bad blood around seed sharing .. its easy to understand both sides ,.. but bringing several unpolluted lines together to put the pep back in haze's step is something to celebrate,.. i thank everyone involved :thank you:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Don't want to butt in this exchange to much but I did wan't to comment on that last picture. I'm no expert but thats a Colombian if I ever saw one. I think most of the problems we might have identifying our beloved plants revolve around people naming or renaming thinģs. Would you be surprised if 'original haze' or 'pure haze' was just a very normal but exceptional Colombian?

Colombians tend to have a set type of high about them and Thais have a very different type of high about them and both of these types of highs are found in Haze.