What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tom Hill Haze

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
THH cut

image_562066.jpg

Colombian cut (topped)

041_zps629770cf.jpg

1645740284613.jpg

Last edited:

ICGA

@TomHill told me a few days ago his DC is an IBL and shouldn't be labeled with any filial generation. All are IBL. As far as I know, everyone started with his DC. If he says there IBL that's what I will use.
Lol is that a thing then? At f20 or something lol. With open polenation you can keep inbreeding for a long time but if it's just a few genotypes you would start to loose vigor in the majority of your phenos pretty bad after a while. Although you would still probably find the occasional relatively heterozygous individual.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lol is that a thing then? At f20 or something lol. With open polenation you can keep inbreeding for a long time but if it's just a few grnotypes you would start to loose vigor in the majority of your pretty bad after a while. Although you would still probably find the occasional relatively heterozygous individual.
That is a conversation for Tom, not me. He is the breeder of DC, not you or me. He posts regularly on another site and is very easy to have a conversation with IME. I have grown DC. It will be dom when used in an outcross. Every plant I've grown is homogenous. Excellent breeding stock!!

If your looking for an honest answer about THH ask @Raco. Not sure if hes gorwn any indoor.. I have grown THH indoor under CMH/LED but in limited numbers.

Last edited:

thugpoet

Hello good night.

Lao Gold has a lot of genetic variety. Maybe with a packet of 12 seeds you will be lucky and find a great plant but obviously the more plants the more possibilities.

How many would you say are true keepers? ~5% like THH?

Lol is that a thing then? At f20 or something lol. With open polenation you can keep inbreeding for a long time but if it's just a few grnotypes you would start to loose vigor in the majority of your pretty bad after a while. Although you would still probably find the occasional relatively heterozygous individual.

You can always BX to an earlier generation and /or use multi-line breeding to minimize inbreeding depression.
With open pollinations, you're keeping a fair amount of crap alongside the good stuff and are pretty much letting nature decide how/which traits will be fixed (or not at all). (Unless you're Tom Hill and you can get away with doing a semi-selected OP)
Usually, it's only done to produce a lot of seeds to avoid losing too many genes when starting from a limited amount of plants.

That's probably how Haze got to the point it is at today. If the SC story is to be believed, they were open-pollinated for several years until Sam went to Holland and tried to work/preserve them. But it was probably too late to be able to significantly improve the line without a tremendous amount of work, so I guess he must have lost interest at some point or always planned to get back to it one day but never did. He also said that you would be lucky if you saw any improvement from further inbreeding Haze, so he must have tried at least a little bit.
That could partially explain why, in the last couple of years, he has given some of his private seeds to people who proved to him that they were willing to put the work in.

I think what is unique today is that you have multiple OH lines all leading back to Sam, but totally unrelated. If they were to be successfully recombined together, that should restore at least some semblance of hybrid vigor in theory. I think Madmac has had some success in this direction.

harvestreaper

Veteran
I think what is unique today is that you have multiple OH lines all leading back to Sam, but totally unrelated. If they were to be successfully recombined together, that should restore at least some semblance of hybrid vigor in theory. I think Madmac has had some success in this direction.
yes not much has been available for decades ,,,now theres plenty for everyone , ,mm has done some goods stuff with the hazes,,,,,just got a few todds x mm up ands im real interested to see what manifests

ICGA

That is a conversation for Tom, not me. He is the breeder of DC, not you or me. He posts regularly on another site and is very easy to have a conversation with IME. I have grown DC. It will be dom when used in an outcross. Every plant I've grown is homogenous. Excellent breeding stock!!

If your looking for an honest answer about THH ask @Raco. Not sure if hes gorwn any indoor.. I have grown THH indoor under CMH/LED but in limited numbers.
DC looks insanely resinous for a land race, makes me wonder which region of Afghanistan its from.
I've seen your pics on GL they look supper prime.

ICGA

How many would you say are true keepers? ~5% like THH?

You can always BX to an earlier generation and /or use multi-line breeding to minimize inbreeding depression.
With open pollinations, you're keeping a fair amount of crap alongside the good stuff and are pretty much letting nature decide how/which traits will be fixed (or not at all). (Unless you're Tom Hill and you can get away with doing a semi-selected OP)
Usually, it's only done to produce a lot of seeds to avoid losing too many genes when starting from a limited amount of plants.

That's probably how Haze got to the point it is at today. If the SC story is to be believed, they were open-pollinated for several years until Sam went to Holland and tried to work/preserve them. But it was probably too late to be able to significantly improve the line without a tremendous amount of work, so I guess he must have lost interest at some point or always planned to get back to it one day but never did. He also said that you would be lucky if you saw any improvement from further inbreeding Haze, so he must have tried at least a little bit.
That could partially explain why, in the last couple of years, he has given some of his private seeds to people who proved to him that they were willing to put the work in.

Also not every plant will have lost hybrid vigor, only some will come out overly homozygous. Many will still have significant heterozygousity as long as the line isn't bottlenecked. It's all throws of the dice.

Latest posts

Latest posts