What's new

Todd McCormick's nl5

LG/

All that old gear made this new bottle neck down crap.
To be fair I said some.
And I agree, alot of polyhybrids all have a similar sort of similar high. They can look darn good tho.
You don't see a ton of people growing strait sativa or indica landrace. But they are around. I think there will be a resurgence of landrace genetics in the future.

acespicoli

And I agree, alot of polyhybrids all have a similar sort of similar high.

mixed together they turn dull brown...
think there is a High Times article about nl when it first made waves
"it was sweet and tasty and if there is anything frostier at the time id like to see it, I could smoke this one all day" - in the words of the author of the article

great breeding material
things you could learn from .N :smoke:

Last edited:

Tynehead Tom

Pretty sure tony green used Todd's NL5 cut in his NL5 x GG4RIL release.
I have a pack I need to get to soon but I have only heard good things about todd's NL clone. I don't know about the seeds but the clone itself is supposed to be legit.

Turbo5

I’ve grown his Skunk. That plant actually grew itself lol. I “threw” it in a 10g and it did its thing. Chunky but not super dense. It smelled creamy and earthy, pretty decent high, gave it a 7.5, only one plant tho.

Dirt Life

Veteran
culled...just not good enough to save

Hey, it happens, and thanks for sharing... just because it's old school doesn't obviously mean keeper status. Do you have any more seeds, and do you plan to explore the line more? 🙂

I believe Johnny C has an exquisite Dr. A NL keeper... he's posted shots of it before... pretty sure it's him. Gracious fellow, he spread the Seedsman Haze, which in turn, via flower power, became ICMag Haze through accidental pollination. I was was gifted a decent grip of these seeds from FP, another gracious grower, and I plan to sprout these for next OH run.. they're getting a little old, and want to crack some before it's too late.

Rgd

Veteran
you have any more seeds, and do you plan to explore the line more?
those two were it..I have too much else on the go

I selfed an old local nl clone named Earl..who weighed alot and could eat 24 egg rolls in no time

I will regrow that if I get Nl nostalgic

I grew the dr atomic nl out of curiosity and respect for the person who sent me them 20+years ago

and yes..

I hear dr atomics nl's were good so there must be good stuff in there..

GainesvilleGreen

NL#5 grape pheno from Todd, smells of grape kool-aid and taste pine/fruity
IMG_20231209_123059328.jpg

IMG_20231206_131533953.jpg

GainesvilleGreen

Grape Kool-Aid wow, is it a strong smell too?

Or not sure if I've ever had grape Kool-Aid but I imagine it is like the old Welch's Grape soda which smelled like WD-40.
Strong smell to the touch but not loud, like diesel or skunk. Great smoke though, will definitely be growing it again soon, it definitely keeps up with the newer strains on potency, flavor and bag appeal
Definitely sweet Welch's grape soda, not so much WD-40.
Cheers

Dirt Life

Veteran
Wow! Grapel Kool aide NL#5? You just helped me make my mind up in what to get from AG next (among a few other lines).. BTW, gorgeous girl there!

I had a NL hybrid that was very skunky.. burnt rubber, menthol, and Black pepper... I found her in 2009, and lost her in 2022... I have several hybrids of her, and even made a bx of her. I love a good NL or hybrid of it... thank you for posting!

LG/

This thread has me excited to run some other stuff by Todd. Probably not the skunk, but Nl2, Nl5 or Original Haze.
I have 6 more Purest Indica going now. Going to do a seed increase. They had a nice stink to em, no fruit just strait funk. I think they will be a great base for a non fruity indica line, crossing with things like Bubba Kush, other kushes, Pck, ect...

Latest posts

Latest posts