What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Tips of fan leaves turning purple

Safe Gardener

Hi guys and gals. Anyone have any thoughts on these fan leaves? Plant is 33 days in flower.

Attachments

• IMG_4324.jpeg
    IMG_4324.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4326.jpeg
    IMG_4326.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4325.jpeg
    IMG_4325.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11

Safe Gardener

lumiere trop proche..?
I had to translate that one. But light being too close is a definite possibility. The light I’m using for this round is slightly more powerful. 50 watts of LED sq/ft where I was closer to 40 watts LED sq/ft before. Also this round of flower the light is probably 6” closer to the canopy.

Safe Gardener

Some googling suggested a phosphorus deficiency due to lack of drainage. Could cause purpling of leaves. I’m give the soil a good flush with the next watering.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Some googling suggested a phosphorus deficiency due to lack of drainage. Could cause purpling of leaves. I’m give the soil a good flush with the next watering.
If it’s lack of drainage I wouldn’t flush- they may be waterlogged if they’re not draining.
Maybe try repotting or raising pots slightly off the ground to allow them to drain better?
I’m guessing they’re in soil?

Safe Gardener

If it’s lack of drainage I wouldn’t flush- they may be waterlogged if they’re not draining.
Maybe try repotting or raising pots slightly off the ground to allow them to drain better?
I’m guessing they’re in soil?
Flushing might still be the wrong idea, but I didn’t want to do it because of lack of drainage. More because of my lack of watering. I frequently let my plants dry out to the point of wilting. Not as a growing technique (though I do think stressing the plant can tell you a good bit about it) but as I get busy and they are down on the priority list. I was thinking a hearty watering might clean them out a bit? Right now I’m watering about 2/3-3/4 gallon every few days.

Attachments

• IMG_4329.jpeg
    IMG_4329.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Latest posts