What's new

thread for people born 150+ years to late

I, personally was not cut out for this culture at all. an outcast from the beginning when i grew up in the woods and never wanted to leave. i always tell people i was born at least 150 years to late. I can’t stand all these people, buildings, roads, construction, pollution, etc. its something that ticks me off beyond comprehension. i would much rather return to a simplier time when our lives weren't controlled by landlords, bosses, politicians, and cops. when people did things themselves, like grow/forge their own food, build their own shelters, make their own clothing, etc. when people were intune with the earth because they had to be, thus they were forced to respect it.

this thread is for the rest of you who feel the same way and are completely disenfranchised with this shallow civilization. on a day called "black friday" we should remember why its black, its just a day for people to consume more and more, because apparently its not done enough the other 364 days of the year.

G

See, I feel like that..the roads, so many people, I can't even stand cities, I hate them so much...I always wonder about how much they have disrupted the flow of the natural world..

but I do love the internet and would find it hard to do without. Helps with communicating long distances and finding every answer you ever need to anything.

Also I like cars, because they can get you far, with ease, although with guilt. Don't get me wrong, I like biking whenever possible. I like crazy mountain bikes that allow you to do crazy things on beautiful trails, which is a modern day thing.

I'd like to move out somewhere where my house is secluded, alone, and not around many people, with plenty of vast nature. I hope it works out that way, I'm starting to feel more andmore like you George.

I bet one could be closer and more in touch with nature back then, though, which is cool. That's what makes me want to move somewhere free, to be in touch with nature more

Last edited:
George Hayduke said:
i would much rather return to a simplier time when our lives weren't controlled by landlords, bosses, politicians, and cops. when people did things themselves, like grow/forge their own food, build their own shelters, make their own clothing, etc. when people were intune with the earth because they had to be, thus they were forced to respect it.

I eat nothing but wild game and mostly food from local farmers markets. I think its a good place to start...

I <3 the mid-west

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There isn't a better day to be alive than today, medicines & med technologies just being the basics. Yes I too feel as though I'd fit in better with the yester-years as opposed to today but the scarifices would be too many now that I know what I have and what I wouldn't had I been born long ago.......

I've felt that way for years, wishing I'd been born in simpler times

G

Where in the mid west are you? I'm about to graduate and have a free plate. I could do anything I want. It's time to really start thinking about where I could be. =)

HotCha

George Hayduke said:
I i would much rather return to a simplier time when our lives weren't controlled by landlords, bosses, politicians, and cops. when people did things themselves, like grow/forge their own food, build their own shelters, make their own clothing, etc. when people were intune with the earth because they had to be, thus they were forced to respect it.

I don't know, I think landlords, bosses, politicians and cops are easier to deal with than bears, tuberculosis, unregulated food and drugs, and caveman medicine. I also like it that I am able to do better things with my time than slave around making everything I need to survive on a day to day basis.

I don't think people felt in tune with the earth back then, I think they felt like they were in a constant war with nature for survival.

Technology rocks, I'd like to see it become cleaner and more sustainable, but I don't think it makes people any worse than they already are.

I don't think people felt in tune with the earth back then, I think they felt like they were in a constant war with nature for survival.
Um, what cultures are you looking at then?? I can find plenty that are completely intune with nature, and they also have a great deal of respect for mother nature.
I don't know, I think landlords, bosses, politicians and cops are easier to deal with than bears, tuberculosis, unregulated food and drugs, and caveman medicine. I also like it that I am able to do better things with my time than slave around making everything I need to survive on a day to day basis.
where i am from bears still roam freely so i don't see a point there also who is talking about. i'm sure the same applies to others here. i know where i live if i leave any trash outside a bear will be there with-in that day to eat it.
caveman medicine?? some ancient redemies are just as good, if not better than modern drugs which often times end up kililng people anyway.
Technology rocks, I'd like to see it become cleaner and more sustainable, but I don't think it makes people any worse than they already are.
see id say technology is responsible for alot of modern day problems and it effects people greatly. without modern technology we wouldn't have nearly the problems we do today. that is a fact.

bears are much easier to deal with than cops... you just fence off your grow.

And unregulated food isnt so bad. Marijuana isnt regulated, and everyone seems to grow quality herb just fine.

Sheriff Bart

Deputy Spade
Veteran
lol can you believe that peeps 150 years ago were probably wishing for whats goin down today?

and if you think the FDA, etc. does a good job (or any job) "regulating"
then oh man you are mistaken
cannabis is a good example, but even better is artificial sweeteners
especially the case against stevia
and the case for aspartame (a chemical that was once on the list of chems to be used in chem warfare by the US military)
what a joke!

some technology is alright
but overall going without it would really be the best

"when we dig precious things from the earth we invite disaster"
-Hopi proverb

Last edited:
G

Its an unnatural lifestyle most of us live now.. working all day mostly in places where we have to put on a show for our customers, sometimes taking verbal abuse from people that think they are better than you because they shop there and u work there... we are slaves to the system, paying large amounts of our money to the government for their "protection" when all they are interested in is power and money and dont give two shits about the people. its a ****ed up world we live in now. people arent good anymore.. they have lost all sense of morals and become robots dancing to the tune of the government and media. We have horrible diseases, and psychological problems from our unnatural over processed toxic diets and lifestyles. Our cities pump out toxic gases and poisons into the atmosphere and water.

Id give anything to live in a nother time. :badday:

Last edited:
E

EatCannabisRaw

George is completely right. The more I read about other ways of living...about other ways of BEING...about other ways of even THINKING...

it all points to just going back to the earth. the earth is our mother and she loves us and she wants us back. case closed.

i've been trying to get back myself...but being pretty much socially forced into college (graduated recently) now i have funds to pay back. but in the meantime i'm learning how to garden. forage wild plants. hopefully soon hunt.

people -do- live self-sustainably off-the-grid...

for any people out there that are in a junction in their lives and want to learn how to do this, check out WWOOF on google. Its an organization where you can work on someone's organic farm/homestead/etc... there are thousands of different ones.... even off the grid in the middle of nowhere hunting wild game etc etc...awesome stuff. work/trade type thing.

i want to be cradled by mother nature i'm so sick of this civilization shit.
peace

Last edited:
TwoOhSix! said:
Grass is always greener on the other side...but I feel where you're coming from.
The grass IS greener on the other side folks. it can't get any worse than what we have now.
journies said:
Yeah but anyone could argue people back then weren't as "good" etc
and your point?? just because there were SOME bad people were around doesn't mean anything. also if i could go back in time id make sure i was so far away from any civilization/human life it wouldn't matter.

Last edited:
G

"My Ishmael", "Ishmael", and "The Story of B" are great books, highly recommend them.

I too have felt the same way some what, although it's not really about the time period so much as living within the natural rhythm of the earth. In the woods, hiking through mountains, eating fresh fruit/veggies and meat. This is where I long to be.

So, ever since I've been heading toward that path, getting closer ever year and will one day (hopefully as soon as possible) be as far from any city and out in the bush.

I like the fact that I will be able to use modern technology to make my life a bit easier with things like solar/wind power, generators, modern firearms and diesel engines.

So, I just plan to make the best of it. I can't go back in time, so there is no use in me dwelling over the fact that the world is what it is. I just can't wait until the day where I can just ****ing chill with my huge outdoor cannabis plants, big veggie garden, livestock/animals and go hiking through the woods tracking animals all day long.

Last edited:
ishmael is a good book.

read the monkey wrench gang! its actually where my name comes from. its a book about a green beret veteran who is an enviromentalist named george hayduke. him and another character start a group dedicated to the destruction of what they see as the system that pollutes and destroys their environments. its an awesome book. its written by edward abbey, who to me was a very influential person in my life, anyone who knows who is knows what i mean. the book also influenced groups like the ELF.

Last edited:
E

EatCannabisRaw

George thanks for that tip on the book... sounds interesting.
I find that eating really fresh, mineralized foods... as u would find naturally out in nature...makes you just feel higher/better...
Thats just one reason why living off the land is better. It upgrades your consciousness.
And so many other things upgrade your consciousness. Peaceful sounds of nature. Get that in the city, heck NO!
Lack of toxic pollution ALL OVER AND AROUND YOU.
its amazing how we survive cities yikes.

The best part is I only have so many more years left. I don't want to be around on this earth much longer. I think overpopulation and just everything that is happening is just going to be getting much horrible. Makes me think...gee...do I even want kids to bring into this world? But I think if i got myself a good homestead and forgot about civilization after some time I might decide on offspring. But my own experience in civilization and all of its interworkings hasn't been a good one.