What's new

This and that

Timj

Ethos- "Thug Rose"
Thugrose12.jpg
Thugrose1234.jpg

Timj

After checking out SubGirls thread. I decided to try the LST clips I've had for a few years now. This is my Star47 plant outdoors. She looks like she's going to be a lanky lady. There are 30 clips on her now.
20240623_174656.jpg

Timj

My Ethos-Thug Rose plant was harvested and is now drying. I'll harvest her seeds and post what the 2 gallon plant size gave me. Ethos- Majik OG still has a few more days and my Bodhi-Babylon Buster still has about a week.

Timj

Thanks oldmaninbc. I use 1 pint canning jars with a size 8 - 62% Boveda humidity pack. I pack the jars in a cardboard box and tape it closed. Then I store the box in an attic. I consume most of my weed after a good 2 month dry cure cycle. I only keep these small sample jars as a treat for a later date.

oldmaninbc

Thanks oldmaninbc. I use 1 pint canning jars with a size 8 - 62% Boveda humidity pack. I pack the jars in a cardboard box and tape it closed. Then I store the box in an attic. I consume most of my weed after a good 2 month dry cure cycle. I only keep these small sample jars as a treat for a later date.
A couple of times I have purchased from a retailer and found the Boveda packs with the strain but never really understood it's purpose, for sure, I guess my hunch was right. I should buy some of them.

When I have kept bud for longer periods of time I find sometimes the chlorophyll fades and the buds take on more of a brown or golden hue. Sometimes also toning down and mellowing the effects.

Thanks for you reply

Timj

I harvested the Ethos-"Thug Rose" regular seeds plant I had hanging for a while now. The plant was grown in a 2 gallon pot of living organic medium. It finished at around 20" tall. I harvested 534 seeds and 12 grams of dried broken up bud. Very heavy with resin, note my fingers for such a small plant harvest. I'll cure it for a while before I try it. It had a very unique smell I can't really explain. Because this plant directed most of it energy to making seed I won't expect a heavy high. I'm just interested in the smell, taste and the type of high.
534ThugRoseseeds.jpg
Thug rose 12 grams.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plants are looking great, nice addition to the landscape. Did you prune/supercrop all of them early on to get them so bushy?

I started using Boveda packs last year and I like them. I use them in the quart jars, but it makes sense to use smaller jars. In a quart jar, it holds about 3 oz flower, so the pack doesn't have as much affect on it, but maybe it doesn't matter. I also have the stainless steel Freshtore brand C-Vaults for flower made to put a boveda pack in the lid. I like the glass jars better since its packed away air tight and keeps oxygen low. I do use a headspace in the jars for boveda packs though.

Timj

Plants are looking great, nice addition to the landscape. Did you prune/supercrop all of them early on to get them so bushy?

I started using Boveda packs last year and I like them. I use them in the quart jars, but it makes sense to use smaller jars. In a quart jar, it holds about 3 oz flower, so the pack doesn't have as much affect on it, but maybe it doesn't matter. I also have the stainless steel Freshtore brand C-Vaults for flower made to put a boveda pack in the lid. I like the glass jars better since its packed away air tight and keeps oxygen low. I do use a headspace in the jars for boveda packs though.
Thanks pipeline. Yes. I top once and then super-crop to flatten the plants out. I find if I allow them to grow naturally they tent to get top heavy. In high winds their branches seem to break easier when they are not topped and super-cropped. And they seem to support the weight of the bud better later in life when grown in this manner. I also remove a lot of the inner branching later in their lives as I find it doesn't amount to much in the way of quality bud and is a PITA to trim.

I always used the Boveda humidity pack. I just purchased a vacuum sealer for my jars and I'll use that in some side by side trials to see if it makes a difference. This is the sealer I purchased.
20240707_131716.jpg