What's new

thinking of new harley

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran
stoner
i dont know where your seeing these thousands of 74 harleys, i just did a search on ebay for 1971-1979 motorcycles and there were 113 harleys compared to 190 something hondas, maybe jap bikes are disposable to you, but you could not give me a 74 harley, so to each his own, at least the japs are interested in advancing technology instead of the same ol crap, and btw, ALL the jap companys copy that HD look because that is what the american public wants, most of them dont know how to ride, they are intimidated by a bike with speed, and there fat wives like the vibration and they get to be in the HD wanna be rebel biker club, just like all there friends

NOKUY

Veteran
im not allowed to own a motorcycle because everyone who knows me knows that i'd be dead before the bike is.

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran
WOW...i just learned that over 95 PERCENT of HARLEYS made are STILL ON THE ROAD!!! (the other 5 percent made it home)

:nono:

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Run what ya brung..... :rasta:
wooden_motorcycle_sm.jpg

C

Chamba

in Australia, 95% of Harleys are bought by wanker yuppies in their 40's and 50's..almost all of them haven't ridden a Harley before, some haven't ridden a bike before!, most haven't ridden a bike for 25 years and just about all of them lay them down and lose some bark or worse....they keep them for a year or two in their garage then sell them ...there should be a law against it!

Sportster

FULL TILT BOOGIE...
cannabudz said:
Either Rice burner or Harley, will do the job.. but how much do you pay, to slide across the pavement is the real question..

Yes i have slid across the pavement plenty-o-time.. (three).. I wont ride again,, I dont need that pain anymore.. Wait,, i'll have this pain for the rest of my life..:(

Fuck motorcycles.. good on the gas, bad on the skin.
and imho,, Harley's are overrated, unless your a H.A. and its part of your "jib".
I'm a crotch rocket fan, and 99.9 of my friends and their parents ride Harley's.. and they have theirs in the shop constantly getting the cylinders worked on, or the carbs etc.. So to pay 30+k for a "Motorcycle" that cost the manufacturer pennies on the dollar is excessive spending. Then you WILL have the cost of repairing oil leaks, blown cylinders, buying new bags cause yours rattled off (just happen to my buddy).
Kinda reminds me of my friend who bought this BMW (to catch the ladies eye), he could afford the monthly payments, barely. Then it came time for the oil change, then the break pads, etc.. two years later,, the BMW has a for sale by owner sign on it.. /sad really... The manufacturers dont disclose your gonna be spending 2k on breaks, and other do-dads on a repeated basis...
So if you have the cash to throw around,, by all means throw away...

I hate to bash American made goods, cause there is only a few of them left including HD. But cash is king with me.. and i keep it away from peeps that over charge for their goods/services.

Cannabudz.

LOLROF....yer suppose to ride the bike....not "slide" the damn thing.... :D

flubnutz said:
im likin this sporty:

Nice scoot....

Chamba said:
in Australia, 95% of Harleys are bought by wanker yuppies in their 40's and 50's..almost all of them haven't ridden a Harley before, some haven't ridden a bike before!, most haven't ridden a bike for 25 years and just about all of them lay them down and lose some bark or worse....they keep them for a year or two in their garage then sell them ...there should be a law against it!

LOL...so are you saying then, that the Hells Angels, Outlaws, Bandidos, Finks, Coffin Cheaters, Odin Worriers, Gypsy Jokers only own 5% of the Harleys down under??... hehehe.....Yeah, right!!!

Sportster

FULL TILT BOOGIE...
Heres a Sporty that will peel yer hair offa yer head....I know, I am almost bald!! :D

23269_Sporty_001.jpg

Had it since I was 14....I am goin' on 49 in a few months!!! How many of you ricers gonna have yer scoot that long??..shit, this bike is older than most you posting, ROF...and it gets rode almost everyday!!! STILL :eek:

C

Chamba

LOL...so are you saying then, that the Hells Angels, Outlaws, Bandidos, Finks, Coffin Cheaters, Odin Worriers, Gypsy Jokers only own 5% of the Harleys down under??... hehehe.....Yeah, right!!!

those scum bags, bullies, assholes, thieves, meth head creeps and other low life bikies don't own Harleys, they steal them...I was talking about those who actually paid for them....lol

let me guess here Sportster, you actually think those mongrols wearing colours are some one to be looked up to...lol.....they are pond scum with B.O. the only difference between the Italian Mafia and the Hells Angels is one wears Brylcreem on his hair and the other wears it on his jeans.

I once went visiting another karate dojo (for a bit of target practice..lol..into-ed myself and got to spar with all their black belts in a row) so I a bit got thirsty on the way home, stopped off at a pub and on the steps as I was walking in were twenty or thirty bikies sitting down doing their best impresssions of being hard, bearded, tough and fat...btw I was wearing long black slinky pants, bare feet, no shirt and was 21 at the time ....it was the black slinky pants that got them jeering, ha!....you should of heard them.....but I ignored the fat bastards as I was thirsty and walked into the bottle shop which was attached to the pub, and bought just one stubbie to keep me going until I got home..back in those days, there were no twist tops so the barman asked me if I wanted it opened, I said yes please, just pop the top a little and leave the top on, so I can drink it on the way home...I walked outside on the steps and all the gang of tough bikies looked up calling out shit like "here come sexy pants" " here's Mr Kung-fu" etc...well, I stopped on top of the steps, put the bottle to my mouth, pried it off with my teeth, spat the bottle top off (little did they know it was already popped) skulled the bottle in one hit, burped loudly and they didn't say a word as they parted out of mny way as I walked to my car...ha! ...

pussies or bullies is what they are..individually they can be alright and half decent if you are not doing biz with them, most of the top guys are good people, but as a group they are just bullies and assholes......same as triads, Mafia and all the other "gangs"

......."do you want to be in my gang, my gang, my gang.." by Gary Glitter should be their theme song

avoid them is the best advice...or chew off bottle tops

Last edited:
C

Chamba

Sportster...damn, that old rigid rear ender of yours must be a kidney puncher on rough roads!

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A well written and entertaining story. also an example of how we in the canna world fall just as easily into stereotyping and generalizing as those that do it to us. now im not doggin you at all chamba, i know where your comin from, but i know some of the guys you just mentioned, and i 100% guarantee you, without question, that they are not all pussies, methheads, and scumbags. im not saying there arent some dudes of questionable character in MC's, but those who dont know should state things as opinion rather than fact.
---sportster, thats a beautiful ride right there. great pic too.
--now i invited peoples thoughts on the subject when i started this thread, so i wont piss and moan about people doggin harley, but you all do know that harley has shed the problems they had in the 70s and 80s dont you? lollolol-rather than regurgitate the stories you heard from your fathers, you oughta go out and actually get some experience with what you are talking about. and as far as being too expensive, when i spend 20k on a roadking, i sell it three years later for 18999. show me one single metric bike that even comes close to that.
i appreciate EVERYONES input so far. everyone have a great week.....sub

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Chamba said:

those scum bags, bullies, assholes, thieves, meth head creeps and other low life bikies don't own Harleys, they steal them...I was talking about those who actually paid for them....lol

let me guess here Sportster, you actually think those mongrols wearing colours are some one to be looked up to...lol.....they are pond scum with B.O. the only difference between the Italian Mafia and the Hells Angels is one wears Brylcreem on his hair and the other wears it on his jeans.

I once went visiting another karate dojo (for a bit of target practice..lol..into-ed myself and got to spar with all their black belts in a row) so I a bit got thirsty on the way home, stopped off at a pub and on the steps as I was walking in were twenty or thirty bikies sitting down doing their best impresssions of being hard, bearded, tough and fat...btw I was wearing long black slinky pants, bare feet, no shirt and was 21 at the time ....it was the black slinky pants that got them jeering, ha!....you should of heard them.....but I ignored the fat bastards as I was thirsty and walked into the bottle shop which was attached to the pub, and bought just one stubbie to keep me going until I got home..back in those days, there were no twist tops so the barman asked me if I wanted it opened, I said yes please, just pop the top a little and leave the top on, so I can drink it on the way home...I walked outside on the steps and all the gang of tough bikies looked up calling out shit like "here come sexy pants" " here's Mr Kung-fu" etc...well, I stopped on top of the steps, put the bottle to my mouth, pried it off with my teeth, spat the bottle top off (little did they know it was already popped) skulled the bottle in one hit, burped loudly and they didn't say a word as they parted out of mny way as I walked to my car...ha! ...

pussies or bullies is what they are..individually they can be alright and half decent if you are not doing biz with them, most of the top guys are good people, but as a group they are just bullies and assholes......same as triads, Mafia and all the other "gangs"

......."do you want to be in my gang, my gang, my gang.." by Gary Glitter should be their theme song

avoid them is the best advice...or chew off bottle tops

Hahaha...you had me laughing there!! Yeah, I'm sure you scared 20 or 30 Hells Angels by biting a beer-top!! :laughing:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
gotta love those guys who wanna customize thier harleys themselves. you wonder why they state not to stretch the frame yourself!!!! why would you wanna change an fxr frame anyway?!?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya, was def. not an impact that would shear it off clean like that and leave the rest of the bike basically untouched. but still, why do it to an fxr, know what i mean? haha-thats what softails and sporty frames are for!!!!!!

C

Chamba

Yeah, I'm sure you scared 20 or 30 Hells Angels by biting a beer-top!!

huh? who said they were Hell's Angles?

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Chamba said:
Yeah, I'm sure you scared 20 or 30 Hells Angels by biting a beer-top!!

huh? who said they were Hell's Angles?

Oh, the way you were talking shit about Red & White, I guess I only assumed you were talking about them-- So it was just a bunch of rag-tags you were trying to impress, huh?

Latest posts

Latest posts