What's new

thinking of new harley

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
flub-ya, ive been in the blackout mode for a couple years now. my roadking will be similiar to that look, remarkably similiar actually. but it will also have 16" blacked out apes and, well, lotsa goodies. i built a flhx for my bro last year, that we took even further than the flhrs you put the pic up of. the only thing that reflected any light at all was the headlight! powder coating the wheels on that bike you posted woulda been a nice finishing touch!

Sportster

FULL TILT BOOGIE...
Chamba said:
LOL...so are you saying then, that the Hells Angels, Outlaws, Bandidos, Finks, Coffin Cheaters, Odin Worriers, Gypsy Jokers only own 5% of the Harleys down under??... hehehe.....Yeah, right!!!

those scum bags, bullies, assholes, thieves, meth head creeps and other low life bikies don't own Harleys, they steal them...I was talking about those who actually paid for them....lol

Oh, well possison is 9/10ths of the law up here Homie....I thought we were talking statistics, not personal opinions about a certin group of people...but, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one... ;)

Chamba said:
let me guess here Sportster, you actually think those mongrols wearing colours are some one to be looked up to...lol

No...the Mongrols are a pack of tattoed up freaks...no class there bro!!!

Chamba said:
.....they are pond scum with B.O. the only difference between the Italian Mafia and the Hells Angels is one wears Brylcreem on his hair and the other wears it on his jeans.

Again...opinions are like assholes...but wether or not I look up to them sure as hell didn't render your comment....Do you know me?? :eek: some folks ya speak out to like that, ya know??...voice your opinion about to....you outta make certin you know who they are 1st....That would be my lesson to you today!!!

Chamba said:
I once went visiting another karate dojo (for a bit of target practice..lol..into-ed myself and got to spar with all their black belts in a row) so I a bit got thirsty on the way home, stopped off at a pub and on the steps as I was walking in were twenty or thirty bikies sitting down doing their best impresssions of being hard, bearded, tough and fat...btw I was wearing long black slinky pants, bare feet, no shirt and was 21 at the time ....it was the black slinky pants that got them jeering, ha!....you should of heard them.....but I ignored the fat bastards as I was thirsty and walked into the bottle shop which was attached to the pub, and bought just one stubbie to keep me going until I got home..back in those days, there were no twist tops so the barman asked me if I wanted it opened, I said yes please, just pop the top a little and leave the top on, so I can drink it on the way home...I walked outside on the steps and all the gang of tough bikies looked up calling out shit like "here come sexy pants" " here's Mr Kung-fu" etc...well, I stopped on top of the steps, put the bottle to my mouth, pried it off with my teeth, spat the bottle top off (little did they know it was already popped) skulled the bottle in one hit, burped loudly and they didn't say a word as they parted out of mny way as I walked to my car...ha! ...

....and now we getta hear how tough you thought you were....why the mention of Karate dojo?? whats that got to do with you parting the biker red sea with your bullshit game....Aaaaaahahhahaa!!! cool story Holmes, try your fake ass bottle cap removel trick around some real bikers.....and they'd laugh their asses off at some goof actin' tough...in baggy pants!!! :D lemme guess, when ya walked away, you woke up from your dream?? :eek:

Chamba said:
pussies or bullies is what they are..individually they can be alright and half decent if you are not doing biz with them, most of the top guys are good people, but as a group they are just bullies and assholes......same as triads, Mafia and all the other "gangs"

......."do you want to be in my gang, my gang, my gang.." by Gary Glitter should be their theme song

avoid them is the best advice...or chew off bottle tops

WTF has any of this horse shit got to do with BIKES?? Harleys and what the tread started out being??

subrob said:
---sportster, thats a beautiful ride right there. great pic too.

Thanks man!!! I was hopin' to add to the your thread, but....sometime things can get a bit sideways, is ok tho....I'll be nice!! :D My latest scoot is just about done...I'll upload some shots of it too shortly...its a ground up softail I been building for about 3 years now!!! Costing me under $15K so far without paint...all brand new!!!

Sportster

FULL TILT BOOGIE...
Ok, heres a couple quick shots I loaded....still fighting with the wireing, (its not a Harley, so any wiring digrams are usless...this is a total custom bike!!!) but finally got the tanks all stretched and fittin' nicely (not in bottom pic, those were the stock cut tanks, I took them off and added 8" more...and put in lowering kit...)

232Bikes_002.jpg

232Bikes_005.jpg

232IMG_7390.JPG

'jes about done here....few more items to order, and license/reg/insurance...and I am on the road finally!!! :D

Softail4.jpg

Softail.jpg

Softail5.jpg

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
FrankRizzo said:
I'm gonna shoot myself in the foot.
DUCATI
-
---dont sweat it man- the italians make a hell of a bike. if thats your thing, your still ridin!
---sportster-nice project ya got goin on. couple a my bro's have built customs straight outa drag and they came out sweet. theres somethin bout doin it yourself. nice job. those covers on the primary, are those from zamboni or zambini, orwhatever its called?

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
This is for the Harley Lovers...all ya'll haters don't look...I mean it man...rip your eyes out now!! :muahaha:

The Harley Davidson Facts
The inventor of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle, Arthur Davidson, died and went to heaven.
At the gates, St. Peter told Arthur. 'Since you've been such a good man and your motorcycles have changed the world, your reward is, you can hang out with anyone you want to in heaven.'
Arthur thought about it for a minute and then said, 'I want to hang out with God.'
St. Peter took Arthur to the Throne Room, and introduced him to God.
God recognized Arthur and commented, 'Okay, so you were the one who invented the Harley-Davidson motorcycle? '
Arthur said, 'Yeah, that's me...'
God commented: 'Well, what's the big deal in inventing something that's pretty unstable, makes noise
and pollution and can't run without a road?'
Arthur was a bit embarrassed, but finally spoke, 'Excuse me, but aren't you the inventor of woman?'
God said, 'Ah, yes.'
'Well,' said Arthur, 'professional to professional, you have some major design flaws in your invention!
1. There's too much inconsistency in the front-end suspension
2. It chatters constantly at high speeds
3. Most rear ends are too soft and wobble about too much
4. The intake is placed way too close to the exhaust
5. The maintenance costs are outrageous!!!!
'Hmmmmm, you may have some good points there,' replied God, 'Hold on.'
God went to his Celestial supercomputer, typed in a few words and waited for the results.
The computer printed out a slip of paper and God read it.
'Well, it may be true that my invention is flawed,' God said to Arthur, 'but according to these numbers, more men are riding my invention than yours'.

C

Chamba

....and now we getta hear how tough you thought you were....why the mention of Karate dojo??

you think I made a habit of walking around barefoot in loose, shiny, black stretchy pants?....it was there to give you some background to the story.....I thought it was funny..sorry to upset you

whats that got to do with you parting the biker red sea with your bullshit game....Aaaaaahahhahaa!!! cool story Holmes,

every word was true. I don't tell porkie pies

try your fake ass bottle cap removel trick around some real bikers.....and they'd laugh their asses off at some goof actin' tough...in baggy pants!!! lemme guess, when ya walked away, you woke up from your dream??

it wasn't planned, it just happened.....you'll eventually get over it Sportster.....the bikies didn't go "ooo" and "arrrr" and cowl away like I was a 6' 3" Bruce Lee with a machete in each hand, they just thought it was cool too ...and funny..a was real good come back as well... and they let me walk through, not cos they were scared, you missed the point and maybe I didn't explain it well enough the first time.....it was kinda like respect....I still chuckle to myself about that (and about a hundred fifty other stories just like it)

here's another Harley/bikie story

we had just finished football training, 17 or 18 years old...so about 8 or 10 of us went to the pub lounge....it was a big tavern type pub in the suburbs called the Waltzing Matilda....it was fairly empty apart from a group of about 10 or 12 Harley riding bikies sitting down a few tables away looking all glum and serious...these were older guys in their mid 20s and older with Ned Kelly beards, not kids like us. Several hours of fast drinking later and a wanker at our table got mouthy and started getting louder with his opinion of bikies, none of it was complimentry, let me tell ya...this dickhead was well out of line

Being the man of peace that I am, I told the wanker to shut the fuck up or he will get us beaten up..this only made him louder!

so I walked over the bikies, and said with good intentions "sorry fellas, a guy at our table is being a drunken loud mouth, ignore him ..ok..(then stupidly I added) he didn't mean to call you all fags..." (I'll blame the beer for that last comment!) well, I was getting a faily good reception from them until the "fag" word came out..they all thought i was playing them and jumped like they were on springs, angry as fuck and ready to punch on....lol....the drunken motor mouth saw what was going on first and bolted to the door and the rest of us, being firm believers in the saying "discretion is the better part of valor" ran out the door just behind him followed by the angry gang of bikers.... lol......

Last edited:
C

Chamba

another one....

From mid teens to early twenties I used to have a garage full of British bikes, mostly pre-unit BSAs..dozens of frames, engines, gearboxes, ..the garage was chocka block full of parts and bits...but I had a nice late fifties B33, a 500 single, that I built/restored/stripped back to basics/black with a 1938 bright green and chrome 1938 Empire Star tank (painted by Bognar) and other Beezer bits and pieces..it was sort of a Goldstar lookalike, or my sorry assed attempt at one..lol....but it used to get lots of looks ...cos even in the 70's there weren't that many pre-unit Brit bikes on the roads

one time, I was about 17, sitting at the lights and heard a big roar behind me...up came a big gang of bikies on Harleys....in Australia, Harleys are alot rarer than in the States..you don't see that many, esp a gang of 20 or more riding them at once...the ground was vibrating

well..I sat there and the first thing I thought was thanking goodness that I wasn't on a Honda!..the lights changed to green and they all just stayed there..I looked left and right and one of them nodded and made the signal for me to roll off first with my little Beezer.........so I gunned it and when I got to about third gear they roared past me..ignoring me, of course...but it was cool..I had a grin from ear to ear.

Last edited:

Sportster

FULL TILT BOOGIE...
.I thought it was funny..sorry to upset you

You didnt upset me...and to tell the truth, the story was funny, and now that you put it in the light you have, I see now where the "bottle cap" trick was more for shits and giggles...makes sense!!!

Listen, there is one thing I've always wanted to know about you Aussies.....WHY, the HELL...do you people call 1%ers.... BIKIES??......sounds so queer and fag like, that.. an the word ARSE.....WTF is a ARSE?? LOLROF.....its ASS Holmes....A-S-S....ASS!!! :D :D :D

C

Chamba

I don't know.....I haven't lived there for 20 years, but we used to call riders who wear gang colors : bikies and those who just ride big bikes : bikers or bikie or bike rider...maybe it's different now....

it's sort of like the word truckies, Aussies don't call truck drivers truckers.....1%ers is not a common term either

Yanks say assshole...Aussies say arrrrrsehole...

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
you know, that looks alot like a bike made by an australian company a lil while back. maybe chamba will come back and tell us something about them. the company was called hunwick-harrop or something like that. very cool looking bikes that i saw.
--update to the original point of the thread, i still have not pulled the trigger on this deal, but looks like tuesday everything will be in place! woohooooooo

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
BUMP- didnt pick that one up that i was lookin at, and its a good thing cuz i just bought a different one! one sweet ride. a customized flhpi with a built 103", ported and polished heads, big cams, hot pistons, sleeves etc. gotta get a rider backrest cuz this thing is a rocket, and with the 16" apes, im just holdin on for the ride! im out, time to go ridin....

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
subrob said:
BUMP- didnt pick that one up that i was lookin at, and its a good thing cuz i just bought a different one! one sweet ride. a customized flhpi with a built 103", ported and polished heads, big cams, hot pistons, sleeves etc. gotta get a rider backrest cuz this thing is a rocket, and with the 16" apes, im just holdin on for the ride! im out, time to go ridin....

Congrats bro!!
:rasta:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks man! i want so badly to post pics, i love showing off, but yeah, maybe not this site huh? lol

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
subrob said:
a customized flhpi with a built 103", ported and polished heads, big cams, hot pistons, sleeves etc.

Backrest? Sheesh...with that type of motor..think you're gonna make lots of miles on it?

I like bikes..Owned dirt and street.Stopped riding cuz alot of friends retired from racing.Last Street Bike was a 1987VRF700F2 gear-driven cams.

Playing golf Now.Never owned a Harley but 2 long time buddies do..

You should hear the bickering of just one guy.One Owns a 5 year old Fatboy and The Other buddy bought a new 2008 not a fatboy but some other type.The 2008 makes more horsepower so the 2003 Fatboy buddy complains all about How The other buddy is all not riding fast to use his horsepower with his girlfriend on the bike(and this is a brand new bike) and "He's Slow and he has all this horsepower" .."I'm faster than him" "He Takes forever to catch up"

LMAO ... Mannnnn What a Turd-Head! But I've know both of them over 40 years..Is One going crazy ? Maybe....lol

(Mann this is stupidly funny. i really dont give a crap)

Congrats on the bike thou

Latest posts

Latest posts