What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Weed Experience

Chills

Hi,

here´s a little report on my [NorthernLights x Oldtimer´s Haze] cross.

I grew out the seeds of the most afghan/BLD looking female Northern Lights plant. Low height, dark green big fanleafs, chunky little buds. The smell was candy, black hash, icecone, raspberry. Common black marked good weed smell i remeber from about 10-20 yrs ago, before pungent smell hit the market here. Sadly nanners throwing in late flower. The smell and appearance lead me to try the seeds of this plant. The mentholy hashy vapor/taste was also a thing that made me want to try this one. Effect was only a bodybuzz with a total clear had that made you just f*cking lazy. Kind of how CBD-weed should be, kind of interesting but nothing to keep...
The females have been open pollinated by three Oldtimer´s Haze males, so i didn´t know what influence to expect from this side.
The vigor and growth was really good even despite my little usual neglect with my own produced seeds...

So lets get to the most interesting part, flowers and effect!

1723632156706.jpeg

When the flowers start to bulk up, my interest is bulking up also rapidly. Most of the time, thats the point where i start to regret my slightly neglections in the run-up.

1723632195667.jpeg

The first plant was harvested about day 75/80 because of heavy nanner throwing. But the development was already at a point where i could harvest without a guilty consience. The others followed about day 90+. Nanners in everyone but nothing too worrying. Not a single seed in the dryed flowers.

1723632249548.jpeg

Three different smells came out in the finished product flower. Two specimen 1:1 like the NorthernLights mother but without any mentholy character, 2nd citrus/Lemon smell, 3rd bread/gravy/strangeness not nice. Not very loud/stinky/tasty. Not a hint of aroma from the Oldtimer´s Haze side is noticable.

1723632293453.jpeg

So now the effect. The flowers are aged for 4 Months now. I started to test at 3 Months aging in the jars because of the OT-Haze in this cross.

1723632330112.jpeg

It hits you immediately after blowing out the vapor. A pumping strong rush from second one. Your ears become ringing, you can feel the blood pushing through your carotid artery. It totaly lifts you up, like a spinning UFO with flackering lights is slowly beaming you up with some kind of strange traktor-ray. BUT with the furniture you are sitting on! Heavy headrush but glued to what ever you are sitting on.
Headphones, music you enjoy and euphoria hits you heavenly. It works a bit like an amplifier and that is also the downside. If you like some heavy arguing at midnight on a regular Wednesday with your wife, so thats your sh*t. My wife described it as devastating and shit. A buddy of mine had a similar experience with his girlfriend. I also noticed, i get easily annoyed if i´m on this one.
On the next day you have this typical NL cottonpacked head feeling. I have to confess, i like this a little, it keeps me calm and unstressed.
So if you dance with this exotic gypsy-lady, remeber she carries a knife and if your dont keep your thoughts together or your hands where they belong, b*tchy gets stitchy.

1723632383234.jpeg

The lazy bodystone and the the hazy headrush where transformed in this cross. Sadly there is no magic in it. Kind of strong but absolutely nothing special for me. Some of my buddys love it but they usualy drink 5-15 beers while „chilling“ so their goal is to get hit hard.
Maybe it gets better about Month 5-6 in the jars but my conclusion is: I better grow some Northern Lights and some Oldtimers Haze and enjoy every one on its own. But the joy while growing, processing and vaping was real as always.

✌️

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Interesting cross!

The :love: is for the effort you put in this and the description... Bodystone + Headrush isn't my kind of high anymore too.

I always got some NL from a coffeeshop before i started growing and liked it for the stone to watch movies. Today i didn't like it that much, i still have some X-Dog weed in the stash but didn't vape that very often but it got that hashy pine NL taste. :yummy: From what breeder is your NL btw?

cottonpacked head feeling. I have to confess, i like this a little, it keeps me calm and unstressed.
I know that too, remembers me to the old times with blackmarket weed. I think that's just coming from mostly indica weed.

Chills

Yes the Northern Lights was always a Standard buy in the Coffeeshops. I also liked the chilled out stone. There where another Pheno in the Northern Lights, more of a "skunky" Pheno i would say, with a more pleasant/slightly euphoric stone. Maybe the Offspring with that Phenotype bring better effects?! The Northern Lights is from Sensi Seeds by the Way, i wanted to go the most original Way 😁 But to be honest, i dont know what to think about the NL from Sensi. And no need to dive deeper in that for me.

The shelflife is also really shitty, 6 Month and the effects wear off... I have so much sativa Weed at the moment, i urgendly need some grounding stone Weed again 🤣

✌️

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hi,

I grew out the seeds of the most afghan/BLD looking female Northern Lights plant. Low height, dark green big fanleafs, chunky little buds. The smell was candy, black hash, icecone, raspberry. Common black marked good weed smell i remeber from about 10-20 yrs ago, before pungent smell hit the market here. Sadly nanners throwing in late flower. The smell and appearance lead me to try the seeds of this plant. The mentholy hashy vapor/taste was also a thing that made me want to try this one. Effect was only a bodybuzz with a total clear had that made you just f*cking lazy. Kind of how CBD-weed should be, kind of interesting but nothing to keep...
The females have been open pollinated by three Oldtimer´s Haze males, so i didn´t know what influence to expect from this side.
The vigor and growth was really good even despite my little usual neglect with my own produced seeds...

View attachment 19047957

When the flowers start to bulk up, my interest is bulking up also rapidly. Most of the time, thats the point where i start to regret my slightly neglections in the run-up.

View attachment 19047958

The first plant was harvested about day 75/80 because of heavy nanner throwing. But the development was already at a point where i could harvest without a guilty consience. The others followed about day 90+. Nanners in everyone but nothing too worrying. Not a single seed in the dryed flowers.

View attachment 19047959

Three different smells came out in the finished product flower. Two specimen 1:1 like the NorthernLights mother but without any mentholy character, 2nd citrus/Lemon smell, 3rd bread/gravy/strangeness not nice. Not very loud/stinky/tasty. Not a hint of aroma from the Oldtimer´s Haze side is noticable.

View attachment 19047960

So now the effect. The flowers are aged for 4 Months now. I started to test at 3 Months aging in the jars because of the OT-Haze in this cross.

View attachment 19047961

It hits you immediately after blowing out the vapor. A pumping strong rush from second one. Your ears become ringing, you can feel the blood pushing through your carotid artery. It totaly lifts you up, like a spinning UFO with flackering lights is slowly beaming you up with some kind of strange traktor-ray. BUT with the furniture you are sitting on! Heavy headrush but glued to what ever you are sitting on.
Headphones, music you enjoy and euphoria hits you heavenly. It works a bit like an amplifier and that is also the downside. If you like some heavy arguing at midnight on a regular Wednesday with your wife, so thats your sh*t. My wife described it as devastating and shit. A buddy of mine had a similar experience with his girlfriend. I also noticed, i get easily annoyed if i´m on this one.
On the next day you have this typical NL cottonpacked head feeling. I have to confess, i like this a little, it keeps me calm and unstressed.
So if you dance with this exotic gypsy-lady, remeber she carries a knife and if your dont keep your thoughts together or your hands where they belong, b*tchy gets stitchy.

View attachment 19047962

The lazy bodystone and the the hazy headrush where transformed in this cross. Sadly there is no magic in it. Kind of strong but absolutely nothing special for me. Some of my buddys love it but they usualy drink 5-15 beers while „chilling“ so their goal is to get hit hard.
Maybe it gets better about Month 5-6 in the jars but my conclusion is: I better grow some Northern Lights and some Oldtimers Haze and enjoy every one on its own. But the joy while growing, processing and vaping was real as always.

✌️
Very descriptive - and exciting to read 📚 👏 -

CharlesU Farley

Hi,

View attachment 19047957

View attachment 19047958

View attachment 19047959

View attachment 19047960

View attachment 19047961

View attachment 19047962

✌️
Very interesting combination! I have a passion for NL and understand the passion people hold for Hz, after reading so many threads here on ICM.

I know Nevil thought the combo of NL and Hz was the best thing he ever did in cannabis and it looks like you're following in his footsteps! Got a soft spot in my heart for OT1 from my days on the BCGA site as well. :)

Nice work!

Chills

@CharlesU Farley

I followed some of your posts and your passion for NL is known to me 😁
I'm toying with the idea to pop some F2 of my NL, i would love to hear your thoughts on the pictures the plants give then. I'm not shure what to think about sensis NL line but its to a big part because of my lack of experience growing this Line.

Seems linke OT1 was a cool guy. The ESB line is something i always wanted to try but not so easy available for me here in europe.
✌️

Chills

Hi,

sadly i had some real issues with RH since about June. The same problems appear always about January/February and in summer about July/August. This year it´s just extreme, such a long time...

1724576495242.jpeg

About two Weeks ago i noticed a stagnation in flowerdevelopment. The colour of the stigmas kind of faded from pure blazing orange to some kind of grayish appearance... Also the scent faded significantly. No mold was visible and i was cheering about the vigour, strength and resistance the OT-Haze gave the KaliMist. But after some time it became more and more suspicious, so i checked:

1724576744561.jpeg

Seems like just the died off stigmas molded. Impossible to spot with the eye. What a sh*t... 😭

1724576822113.jpeg

1724576851984.jpeg

This two went straight to the trash, what a bummer...

I bought a dehumidifier yesterday because i cant get that sh*it under control. A few hundred bugs again, oh man.

BUT i already have two nice sparkling sweet reaking jars of the cross in the cupboard and two nice looking specimens that seem to be not affected by mold.

I also started some KarmaGenetics Sour Diesel bx2. So lots of good stuff still alive and the show can go on.

1724577279072.jpeg

1724577331272.jpeg

✌️

CharlesU Farley

Hi,

sadly i had some real issues with RH since about June. The same problems appear always about January/February and in summer about July/August. This year it´s just extreme, such a long time...

View attachment 19053946

About two Weeks ago i noticed a stagnation in flowerdevelopment. The colour of the stigmas kind of faded from pure blazing orange to some kind of grayish appearance... Also the scent faded significantly. No mold was visible and i was cheering about the vigour, strength and resistance the OT-Haze gave the KaliMist. But after some time it became more and more suspicious, so i checked:

View attachment 19053948
Seems like just the died off stigmas molded. Impossible to spot with the eye. What a sh*t... 😭

View attachment 19053950

View attachment 19053951
This two went straight to the trash, what a bummer...

I bought a dehumidifier yesterday because i cant get that sh*it under control. A few hundred bugs again, oh man.

BUT i already have two nice sparkling sweet reaking jars of the cross in the cupboard and two nice looking specimens that seem to be not affected by mold.

I also started some KarmaGenetics Sour Diesel bx2. So lots of good stuff still alive and the show can go on.

View attachment 19053955
View attachment 19053956

✌️
Because of the environmental conditions with my tents in the basement, high humidity has been a major problem for me as well. Since the basement is 2,200 ft² of unheated space, trying to use anything other than an industrial size dehumidifier is like farting in the wind. :)

I've been working to provide an alternate physical structure for the cannabis I'm developing, where I have smaller size buds but more of them, in attempt to minimize the botrytis and PM that come with high humidity and high temp conditions with the large buds that NL produces.

In the meantime, this is the best way I've found to treat / prevent PM and botrytis, in the type of environment you're working in now:

Last edited:

Chills

My room is also in the basement. Ironicaly also the only room without a radiator installed. Not the best environment for a growroom. I hope the dehumidifier will work...
Thanks for the tip with your spraysolution! But at this stage of flowering i had to throw them away.
I may be from Europe but i dont consume moldy sh*t 🤣

Chills

I just checked the climate. From 83% 22 C to 35% 26 C in six hours. That thing sucked 3 Liter water out of the air and raised the temperature as sideffect, yesss 😁
Good mood again, kids are in the bed, my wife has something to watch @tv, so time to hit the vape for me 😶‍🌫️

✌️

Chills

Hi,

The first thing i did at 1. April (legalisation) was to order some seeds directly from holland to my privat adress, paying for it with my regular bankaccount and using my regular email. My long awaited step into freedom! Yes!

Usually i purchased some seeds every few years, always paranoid... The strains i picked the years before were mostly some indica and sativa basics to have something to cross and something to rely on if the situation here gets more difficult and the seedmarket isn´t available anymore. That was always a point to consider for me.

With the change in laws, i wanted to try all the good stuff i always just read and dreamed about. (I will never complete that quest)

So time to get some good Karma (Genetics) for me! Currently running some Sour Diesel bx2 on day 48 12/12 and some Road Dawg day 23 12/12.

The good thing about the cannabis-isolation down here, i´m totally unbiased. The smell of the Sour Diesel bx2 reminds me of „for men“ shower gel/aftershave/laundry, strong, strange and absolute new for me. Nothing sweet, spicy or hashy. What a cool experience!

I choosed the Road Dawg because of the Chem and the OG genetics in it. So a few days ago it was the first time to get some smell of the tiny Road Dawg resinglands. What should i say... the exact same smell as the Sour Diesel bx2 ?!? What the fuc*... I expectet also something mindblowing new. I just don´t know what to think about the legendary sour diesel smell? Chem, OG sneaker, tennisball, garbagecan smells? Either i am stupid or what ever... Maybe it is just about to develop or you have to smell the real cuts in the US of A. But i didn´t expect such an exact simillar smell.

The Sour Diesel bx2 is thirsty, hungry but picky it seems. I cant help but the look always reminds me of Charly Sheen in Platoon (the rainy night scene) It´s the dark green droppy look i guess. :ROFLMAO:
1726171306900.jpeg

Vietnam jungle flair again.
1726171377546.jpeg

Really nice buds, i love frosty sugarleaf edges!
1726171419105.jpeg

Road Dawgs looking promising!
1726171531322.jpeg

1726171563055.jpeg

Good Vibes ✌️