What's new

Discovering the Ace world

ilovegrowing

Hi, just starting my first thread after decades of lurking around cannabis forums.

I ve got plenty of seeds to go through and i am happy to share the process with you.

We will start with the newest contenders.
I ve got 2 zamaldelica reg, 3 nepal mist reg and a pollenchuck project of 5 (pan x bangi) x green mountain grape reg.

Quite some differences in the growth habits.
Zamaldelica phenos are growing quite compact.
426AEB2E-9746-482F-BDA0-EBEF025F3233.jpeg

Nepal mist shows 3 different pheno types in terms of height but seems to grow vigorous in the lower parts. One plant has a intriguing eucalyptus minty stem rub smell.
9B8E931D-0DD0-48DC-B3F9-9B3699DF291D.jpeg
Pb x gmg seems quite homogenous, pretty tall and lanky. All plants have got the same age and standing on the same box for the foto.
68089C32-26AD-41F8-9C1A-7D9E409CE660.jpeg
have fun lovely people!

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Greetings and hallucinations ILoveGrowing. Decades of lurking in the shadows is a long time so I hope we won't have to wait for decades again before your next post here. Very healthy plants by the way, and they look to be just about ready for the great outdoors.

ilovegrowing

I would love, love, love to grow them outdoors
Greetings and hallucinations ILoveGrowing. Decades of lurking in the shadows is a long time so I hope we won't have to wait for decades again before your next post here. Very healthy plants by the way, and they look to be just about ready for the great outdoors.
Yeah, two decades without a own thread, posting since last year. Yeah long time.. still fascinated by this plant.
I would really really love to grow them under the sun, but atm we have to keep up with indoor. Which i enjoy too. Haha :)

ilovegrowing

Well not decades but i took me a bit. About 50 days later, flowering on 11/13, parts of my flowercabinet is going to be ready. Making space for some of the plants i showed above.

So here we have green mountain grape f2
B54AEE1F-5F72-4930-9BCF-084AC7ABA6FF.jpeg

E298E96D-41F2-47CA-92EB-BF4042E7B7CD.jpeg

44E4353F-3ADA-4E08-9936-36B026D83088.jpeg

E19A370D-01DA-447A-8751-DC50C0954D76.jpeg

ilovegrowing

Hi back again to write a bit of a journal as i am just posting in the strain threads.

I still have some cuts of the plants above. For example right now flowering again panama x bangi haze just entering midflower
3308F8DA-E7D9-4256-92FF-69D99316EE2D.jpeg

Then i have a cross finished i made with this plant pb and a male green mountain grape. Nice incense in the air when smoked or vaped, about 75/80 days 11/13 not so much faster than the pangi.
F5F9A1BC-83CF-4903-868E-7D59DEBEAC54.jpeg

1ABBAE8C-AF6D-41CB-B3D5-661B1904E953.jpeg

D53D5526-DD21-41A4-971D-CB23229FFC55.jpeg
I am enjoying that one ☝️

Currently running is a zamaldelica reg, just peaking midflowering. Jungle herbs smell, a bit earthy and now its starting to smell floral like jasmin or geranium. Very keen about her finished taste and effects. Couldnt take a cut from her, as she was so slow in veg. But made some f2 with a stretchy brother of hers.
9C329A65-31B4-4630-9F57-0F465C3A1D72.jpeg

This is a thai chiang mai female. About 5/6 weeks of flowering. Just for fun i put her in a little pot. Still early flowering, i expect 20 weeks for her. By now it looks fine, but 15 weeks are left, haha :) i want to try some sensimilla thai
D50E3984-EAFA-44A8-A6A2-7C19BEDD851D.jpeg

Another round of panama haze
As she was rootbound in veg, she started flowering, and after i potted her for the flowerchamber in a big pot, she just followed the flowering and didnt create much stretch. First time i downpotted a plant to save space, but it seemed to work great 👍
9983F1EF-9785-45CD-86D4-06D7813DA7BC.jpeg

This is a green mountain grape f2 kushy (by smells) pheno. Getting stronger with cure. But i have found better examples in the f2s.
C7BE5BBE-CCBF-4086-87C4-57C2726FAAF0.jpeg

I like this one more. Also same f2s, more stretchy. Smells a bit like an insect deterrend with a tiny bit of sweetness, but effect, growth and look are more to my liking
E1EB853B-DC58-49AD-9842-5044811004BE.jpeg

921A0744-3B7F-4718-84DE-BB0E0A41A214.jpeg

ilovegrowing

And this are the new contenders.
40BCD74F-C937-4EF2-B6DE-C192C740C1F5.jpeg

On the right with the most vigour is oax x pan reg. In the middle is thai x pan reg. Then i have some selfmade crosses of thai chiang mai x pck and (malawi x pck green pheno) x red baloch.

And here to finish the update is a zam x kali china finishing
E9E8763E-4A41-4B37-8E7F-6520B9FCF1BF.jpeg

Same cut, different plant. Pollinated with green mountain grape. Plan is to add some stinky insense from zkc and more stretch from the gmg
DA4AE7CF-AECA-45B9-B00F-04D62A7844FB.jpeg

ilovegrowing

I love how many strains and crosses you are trying out. How big is your space? And what do you use to feed these small pots?
Yeah, thats my main purpose. I am really curios about all the new expressions of differenT phenos and genetic lines.

My flowering space is just 0.65 sqm. I am running a perpetual system, and i love it for showing me different plant at different stages at the same time. But its a pain in the ass if you have bugs.

In veg i have little pots for my cuttings and i feed them with biobizzgrow, take new cuttings and so on. In flower i start with good potting soil and some wormcastings and go for biobizz grow and bloom later.

I am an advocat for living soil, but the small pots are not working. At some point its too less in veg and was often too much in flowering. So i am going hybrid which works better than before.

gedLang

That's good to know. I've been doing living soil and the smallest pot I've done is ~2-3 gallons. I'd like to do more strains in smaller pots, but I am unsure if I can manage the nutrients well enough while keeping organic/living soil.

ilovegrowing

That's good to know. I've been doing living soil and the smallest pot I've done is ~2-3 gallons. I'd like to do more strains in smaller pots, but I am unsure if I can manage the nutrients well enough while keeping organic/living soil.
Afaik living soil thrives best in big pots/beds. I am thinking about a change in that direction too (big bed) as i really like the idea of having sufficient nutrients in the soil to finish, but i have the feeling that aint easy. Especially with different cultivars.

I thought also about different nutrient zones in one bed sideways. One for the more sensitive ones, one for hungry plant and one in between. I also like the idea of @farmerlion with the microbial repositories.

2/3 gallon for the smallest pots should work fine for some time. Or do you run in some problems?

moose/MI

Afaik living soil thrives best in big pots/beds. I am thinking about a change in that direction too (big bed) as i really like the idea of having sufficient nutrients in the soil to finish, but i have the feeling that aint easy. Especially with different cultivars.

I thought also about different nutrient zones in one bed sideways. One for the more sensitive ones, one for hungry plant and one in between. I also like the idea of @farmerlion with the microbial repositories.

2/3 gallon for the smallest pots should work fine for some time. Or do you run in some problems?
I've been trying farmerlion's fungal repositories this season myself.
In fact I did my 4th or 5th time just this morning.

Attachments

• 20240915_123617.jpg
    20240915_123617.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
  • 20240915_123709.jpg
    20240915_123709.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 9
  • 20240915_123917.jpg
    20240915_123917.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 9
  • 20240915_124303.jpg
    20240915_124303.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 9
  • 20240915_115748.jpg
    20240915_115748.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 20240915_142935.jpg
    20240915_142935.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9

gedLang

I generally have to add nutrients to both the 3 gallon and 5 gallon pots, otherwise they make it through a month of veg but have deficiencies during flower. I usually add some right before flip, and then keep adding more every week through the first half of flowering. It is tricky with the dry organic amendments because they take some time to break down, so you have to add them before you start seeing deficiencies. I have not tried it with liquid nutrients that are immediately available to the plant, but I'm thinking it would be wise to become familiar with both because they both have good uses.

Yeah, for a water only grow you would have to do at least 10 gallon pots and be very thoughtful about your initial amendments.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
What a show, display of genetics and great job with your own crosses @ilovegrowing :tiphat:
Thanks a lot for your interest on so many ACE and GMG strains!
What's your favorite strain so far ? It's very important to keep clones if you are looking for consistency in your sinsemilla cycles and in your breeding.

Malawi/PCK x Red Baloch has lots potential with right combination of parent plants.
Glad to see you also growing the pure Chiang Mai and playing with her :)

ilovegrowing

Hi and welcome here @dubi,

I cannot really pick one, i really like the variety. I found myself more often reaching for the zam x kali china, panama haze and the panama x bangi haze.

Lately i am very keen on the new cross above of the (pan x banghaze) x green mountain grape. Very nice taste, smell and smell effect too. It was very hot in late flowering, so terps are low, i wonder what she does in a good climate.

Normally i am always taking a clone of the plants i try, but this now beautiful zamaldelica reg plant was sooo slow in veg i just couldnt and i was happy to have more of my precious space and put her in flower. But i dont worry, i will have children of her with a lankier brother of her, and i suspect more stretchy growing plants. I really enjoy the aromas. Smells very dangerous. :)

Keep you guys updated with the malawi/pck x red baloch. Have to take cuts first :)

Latest posts

Latest posts