What's new

the swamp...

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
The truffle treats is on the right and the G13 x HBS is on the left… neither one has shown sex yet, but I am hoping both of these are female… I’ve been cornered in armadillo last night, and this is the last thing he saw…
IMG_2145.jpeg
IMG_2296.jpeg

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I think Shiva ran the g13 x bsh that were out of the first try from 06.
These current seeds are from the do over after eventually floundering the first try.
😁
I gotta tell you, these beans have produced beautiful plants...while they are small not it won't be that way for long...sure do have some vigor brother...

just an fYi fellas, PREMIUM CULTIVARS is a rip off company...I sent payment for a pack of beans I didn't think I could live without...I got 2 soft yellow beans, tried the phone and it was disconnected, tried googling them and I see their address is for rent...email has produced no response...DO NOT use these guys...send me your money and I will treat you like shit the way they are treating me...you have been warned...

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Down here in Florida when we get a cold snap, I lose an awful lot of my Bamboo, especially the two blacks. I’ve got about 15 different species of bamboo and I’ve been planning it in the ground for 24 years now. A lot of people think that stuff runs crazy but not if you get the clumping Variety as you probably know. I believe your plant is a running species, correct

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
when I first bought the 10 acres that I’m on I cleared almost all of it except for the major trees and some brush areas that I wanted to keep overly private and then went to town planting bamboo. My favorite for visuals is Alphonse Karr and Buddha belly… I need to post some pictures when the weather gets a little sunnier of some of my bamboo stands. They get quite large if you let them and after 24 years I’ve got some pretty serious chunks of bamboo in the yard.

Old Piney

So the Chinese fiber Banana as it's called has bananas made of wood , but it's cool I've had them up to 15’ and flowering with bananas when I wrapped it up like a fig tree for the winter. It's completely hardy it will die to the ground with out any protection and grow back to about 8 or 9’ like this one

Last edited: