What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

THE Rabbit Manure Tea Discussion Thread (My Process Included)

Porky82

Correct, no pics. I literally am unable to grow where I'm at. It's been 2yrs and it's killing me to not be growing. I'm looking at moving in the next few months and that will change. I miss those bunny driven, complex flavors and highs...
Are you saying rabbit poo tea changes the taste and strength of the weed grown in it??

Porky82

Yes. Hands down, zero question on the subject, rabbit manure produces significantly more complex terpenes and cannabinoids. The plants are bigger, they smell/taste better and the highs are higher and more complex.

YES. ;)
Sorry but that's not true. All the things you mentioned are decided by the plants genetics!

gmanwho

Veteran
Hey @Douglas.Curtis , glad i did save it.

I hope that whatever troubles your life gets worked out. If indeed there are battles to be won, I am unsure of the situation at hand.

I did want to mention since our conversations an these posts i have been using the rabbit manure in 2 different ways. And im happy with the results. it seems there are many ways to utilize the manure with great results.

I now use a straight rabbit manure, aged over a year, maybe 2. aged only because i had like 30 gallons at first, an would like to use this up before getting more. I use this in a tea brewer for the last 30 days of flowering.

then for everything else, i use 50/50 compost of rabbit manure and seafood compost in my worm bin. Then this goes into my tea brewers.

i went with a 50/50 because the worms at first did not like the rabbit manure. Now, this is probably because of MY source of rabbit manure im thinking.

my first thought is it may have been high in something, maybe nitrogen from the urea? also i never actually checked the ph. so i am unsure. but what i do know is at first in the worm bins with the straight rabbit droppings, all the worms balled up with each other in baseball size groups.

So then i decided to split it with the 2yr aged maine seafood compost i get locally. an everyone was happy again.

I also run my breakfast eggshells and organic coffee grounds in a food processor every week. then i sterilize that in the microwave on 30% power for 15 mins. then that is spread into the worm bins.

The reason why i sterilize the coffee grounds mainly FIRST, is you never know what pathogen can be introduced from that coffee bean farm, from what ever part of the world it came from.

Black gold!! An they love it

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Congrats! :D The liquid product is truly unique and amazingly effective. I'm surprised nobody figured out how awesome it is, but then again I'm profiting from it and others are benefiting from it so win win. ;)

Thank you so much! Life is indeed awesome and treating me well, though I'm in need of more space for more bunnies at the moment. lol I'm averaging over $20/lb on the meat at the moment so I'm stunned and grateful. :) (Yes... I said over $20/lb lololololol Freaking awesome!!!)

Yes, the most likely reason the worms were uninterested is due to the urea content. When you collect the manure separate from the urine they go for it like pigs for good feed. ;) One thing you can do to increase worm interest is to hot compost the manure (and hay/straw/whatever) for a week or so first with regular turnings. :)

As for pathogens, the studies I've read show there are zero pathogens past the first part of the worm's digestion system. Worms are molecular deconstructors and there are no viruses or bacteria which seem to make it past the first part of their gut. Freaking awesome, yeah? lol

gmanwho

Veteran
Congrats! :D The liquid product is truly unique and amazingly effective. I'm surprised nobody figured out how awesome it is, but then again I'm profiting from it and others are benefiting from it so win win. ;)

Thank you so much! Life is indeed awesome and treating me well, though I'm in need of more space for more bunnies at the moment. lol I'm averaging over $20/lb on the meat at the moment so I'm stunned and grateful. :) (Yes... I said over $20/lb lololololol Freaking awesome!!!)

Yes, the most likely reason the worms were uninterested is due to the urea content. When you collect the manure separate from the urine they go for it like pigs for good feed. ;) One thing you can do to increase worm interest is to hot compost the manure (and hay/straw/whatever) for a week or so first with regular turnings. :)

As for pathogens, the studies I've read show there are zero pathogens past the first part of the worm's digestion system. Worms are molecular deconstructors and there are no viruses or bacteria which seem to make it past the first part of their gut. Freaking awesome, yeah? lol

awesome.... rabbit meat is so decadent. When i grew up i was friends with a few different Portuguese kids whos family raised rabbits. It was always a treat to have rabbit.

Glad to hear the rabbit farm is working out. $20 a lb is a great price, wow , good for you. Direct sale to end user or restaurants is the way to go. Supply an demand

If you do eat rabbit, Whats your favorite rabbit dish or way to cook?

My thoughts on pathogens not passing through worms is this, its not like the worm systematically consumes and then poops out the digested material into a separate bin elsewhere.

In the real time worm bin the digested material is laid right next to the undigested, till they get to it, in whatever approach they take to consume the material. And whatever pathogens present that didn't get processed yet, can jump right back into the processed. After all, the processed and unprocessed material are now touching each other in the bin.

An then, even if the worms digestive tract now introduced a new fungi or bacteria that could potentially feast on the unwanted pathogens. There's still a chance that the material i grab later could have unwanted pathogens. Its always a battle, which microbe is stronger then the other. who consumes whom, an then a colony collapse could leave the bin vulnerable to reinfection of a pathogen.

Abit much, maybe, but entirely possible. I'd rather hedge my bets....

So i know there could be the potential for these pathogens to cross over. An its easy enough to do the microwave heat treating. I saw this approach in some tissue culture videos ive watched in prepping agar without autoclaves(even thou i have multiple autoclaves, and have taken multiple infectious disease prevention training classes for work).

An this process made more sense to me. As many things do, I know coffee has a high potentential to host pathogens

So my 2cents, an ounce of prevention if u will. Thanks for sharing

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

The family likes rabbit jerky the best. lol It's tasty, convenient and (if it wasn't eaten so quickly) has a long shelf life. ;)

Douglas.Curtis

So i know there could be the potential for these pathogens to cross over. An its easy enough to do the microwave heat treating. I saw this approach in some tissue culture videos ive watched in prepping agar without autoclaves(even thou i have multiple autoclaves, and have taken multiple infectious disease prevention training classes for work).

An this process made more sense to me. As many things do, I know coffee has a high potentential to host pathogens

So my 2cents, an ounce of prevention if u will. Thanks for sharing
After further reading it looks like there is a small possibility of pathogens making it through the process. Worms feed on bacteria and are very good at finding it all when given the opportunity.

In the end we're dependent upon man for harvesting at the correct time. :)

cellardwellar420

soo cool!!

Douglas.Curtis

I had these grand visions of having a moderate or low nitrogen version... alas I'm an idiot. lol
The process is so powerful I'm unable to (with the current methods) reduce the nitrogen levels.

Ooops! lol

Douglas.Curtis

I place zero value on opinions from uneducated sources, and I strongly recommend you do the same. Get to know yourself well enough and this becomes automatic. ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts