What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Peruvian Connection

LostTribe

Premium user
3 different lines collected from Peru.

First up the normal commercial mildly seeded. This is found through the entire country and nearly always the same variety or close IMHO as it has a distinct herbal smell and the effect is high without body usually pretty psychedelic spinning up to it. However this batch was chosen specifically as it was of much higher quality than the standard. Buds were noticeably more sticky but the bud was of the same smell and the although the same strictly up high effect were of greater potency. The guys I got this from were rolling up as I walked by one evening and offered me a smoke. They were 2 columbians and I told them that I hadn't smoked in almost a week so they kindly offered me half of their sack for free, a basic dime bag. Didnt seem right so I gave them a little donation for their troubles as we sat and toked in the early evening just down from a local park. They were busy removing all of the seeds when I first interupted them so there were only a few seeds remaining which I saved. They told me they too hadnt been able to find any bud for almost two weeks as they had just arrived in Peru and were happy to have found a connection. I was very surprised at the quality as normally this would be hard to find.

Secondly, a variety which was recently acquired but which I believe to be of a modern import possibly afghan skunk and a chance it may have some cookies in there but obviously locally grown and without much seed. Appeared to be balcony grown as is a great deal of the mid grade. This grade of bud normally goes for around $3-$4 a gram and is usually seedless however this last batch surprisingly was seeded.

Last but not least we have La Mostra. This variety is locally grown and occasionally will be semi moist still when you get it. I believe it also to be balcony grown. La Mostra as they call it is some of the most unique ganja I have encountered on any of my journeys abroad. Almost always seedless and covered in tall resin heads with a very nosey and unique herbal essence. This is my preferred smoke when it is available, but it is not easy to acquire and surprisingly is still just about $4 a gram. I found one in a bag and another in another bag but had one seed from a friend which I was gifted. I hope atleast one of them will grow and it would be a delight to see how it matures.

This will be the first bag seed I think I have grown since way back when I first began smoking the brown mexican brick week of which I never actually was able to flower any out just germinate a few to see how they grew in my window. No expectations but lets see what happens shall we?
20241014_124208.jpg
20241014_124231.jpg

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
3 different lines collected from Peru.

First up the normal commercial mildly seeded. This is found through the entire country and nearly always the same variety or close IMHO as it has a distinct herbal smell and the effect is high without body usually pretty psychedelic spinning up to it. However this batch was chosen specifically as it was of much higher quality than the standard. Buds were noticeably more sticky but the bud was of the same smell and the although the same strictly up high effect were of greater potency. The guys I got this from were rolling up as I walked by one evening and offered me a smoke. They were 2 columbians and I told them that I hadn't smoked in almost a week so they kindly offered me half of their sack for free, a basic dime bag. Didnt seem right so I gave them a little donation for their troubles as we sat and toked in the early evening just down from a local park. They were busy removing all of the seeds when I first interupted them so there were only a few sees remaining which I saved. They told me they too hadnt been able to find any bud for almost two weeks as they had just arrived in Peru and were happy to have found a connection. I was very surprised at the quality as normally this would be hard to find.

Secondly, a variety which was recently acquired but which I believe to be of a modern import possibly afghan skunk and a chance it may have some cookies in there but obviously locally grown and without much seed. Appeared to be balcony grown as is a great deal of the mid grade. This grade of bud normally goes for around $3-$4 a gram and is usually seedless however this last batch surprisingly was seeded.

Last but not least we have La Mostra. This variety is locally grown and occasionally will be semi moist still when you get it. I believe it also to be balcony grown. La Mostra as they call it is some of the most unique ganja I have encountered on any of my journeys abroad. Almost always seedless and covered in tall resin heads with a very nosey and unique herbal essence. This is my preferred smoke when it is available, but it is not easy to acquire and surprisingly is still just about $4 a gram. I found one in a bag and another in another bag but had one seed from a friend which I was gifted. I hope atleast one of them will grow and it would be a delight to see how it matures.

This will be the first bag seed I think I have grown since way back when I first began smoking the brown mexican brick week of which I never actually was able to flower any out just germinate a few to see how they grew in my window. No expectations but lets see what happens shall we?
View attachment 19083712 View attachment 19083713
Sounds good friend. I'm going to ride with you and thanks for posting,

Midbio

Sweet! I always wondered about what the weed is like in Peru, can't wait to see what you get from those seeds, probably some really interesting stuff. Someday im gonna have to go there myself, incredible surf locations in Peru so that's another good excuse to go

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I have wondered if the first variety may resemble Columbian. Lets see how it goes!

I would be thrilled with anything narrow leaved or something that has its own character.
The last time I grew a Columbian strain it took over 175 days. During the grow I was very skeptical because the trichomes were so small. Ultimately, it was well worth it because the smoke was very suitable. Here are a few past photos.....

IMG_5725.JPG

IMG_5727.JPG

IMG_5715.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts