What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
This is my last week to get my crop organized. Good thing I kept a journal as I have not mixed a batch in years, always used Fox Farm OF, no more cant get it. Now I have to mix my peat, perlite and compost together and add fertilizer & dolomite. My Mrs. will keep an eye on me and double check my math and that I'm adding what I'm suppose to be adding. My brain gets confused easily these days, I don't like it.

Question: how deep do you plant your seeds and do you face your seeds in a specific direction?
I usually plant seeds about a half inch deep. They do say that there is a certain direction that is considered the pproper way to place the seed but either I've always managed to place them the right way unintentionally or the position isn't all that critical.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Back at the homestead. Blondy is fine but sick from the meds that knocked her out.

Under a red flag fire alert. Keeping my nose to the wind for the smell of smoke. Big fire east of us going north.
Well at least you are back home and Blondy is safe in her own bed.

You remind me so much of myself, Pute
Everytime I read something of yours it's like it's come out of the book of Mike
Here you go mike.....today's harvest. Chem 91

IMG_20241028_124040775.jpg

3 1/2 zips

IMG_20241028_123752193.jpg

Nice tight buds. Could have probably gotten 3 3/4 oz but I threw all the pop corn buds to the side for Kief or bubble hash.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Just lost my lifetime best friend. His wife is my wife's bestie. We used to take vacations together, scuba diving, trail riding, crabbing, fishing, flying... <-- Jerry did not have a pilot's license, but he had many hours at the controls of my plane. I did not have a boat... didn't matter, he did.

As I just kept getting older, all those whom I have known for a long time -- are now all gone...

I truly feel like a part of me is missing.
My condolances, good, lifetime friends are pretty much like family so losing them is nearly as painful.

Last edited:

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Back at the homestead. Blondy is fine but sick from the meds that knocked her out.

Under a red flag fire alert. Keeping my nose to the wind for the smell of smoke. Big fire east of us going north.
Glad you’re home and she’s ok except from the meds. It takes a bit for it to go away sometimes

hope those fires stay away from yall 🤞🥰✌️

oldmaninbc

420club
My condolances, good, lifetime friends are pretty much like family so losing them is nearly as painful.
I've had friends treat me better than some family.

My 3 best friends of 40-50 years have passed before me and my cat.
I would also say I've had more good times with friends than family.
When it comes to family I miss my mom and my grandparents, I miss them dearly.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Good news that the procedure went well brother!

Good luck with the fire!

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
View attachment 19091096 View attachment 19091097 CLARKSBURG, W.Va. – While the Golden Delicious (Malus domestica) apple is one of West Virginia’s state symbols, not many can claim to know how it came to be that way as well as why exactly it holds such significance to West Virginia.

It all started on the Mullins family farm, an Odessa hamlet in Clay County, West Virginia. In 1891, a 15-year-old J.M. Mullins discovered a wayward seedling spouting while he was tending the field, possibly sprouted from a discarded Grimes Golden seed, according to specialtyproduce.com.

J.M. Mullins left the seedling to grow, and soon after, the farm was given over to J.M.’s uncle, Anderson Mullins. Anderson first noticed the growing tree in 1905. The apples it produced were given the name “Mullins Yellow Seedling and Annit apple …
After nine years of observation, Anderson Mullins sent three samples over to Stark Brothers Nursery in Missouri. Paul Stark Sr., searching for a yellow apple to add to the company’s lineup, then traveled over 1,000 miles to visit the farm, “a journey known as the ‘Trail of the Golden Delicious Apple.'”

By 1916, the Starks had purchased the rights to sell the apple as well as the land surrounding the mother tree, even going so far as to construct “a 30 x 30-foot cage around the 900 sq foot piece of property, completely encasing the Golden Delicious tree.”

What made the apples so good for commercialization was that beyond lasting longer than other apples, as far as late spring, “they are easy-to-grow, self-pollinating, temperature tolerant, and produce large crops.”
The Stark Brothers Nursery then renamed the apple to Golden Delicious to be marketed alongside their Red Delicious apples, no relation. It soon exploded in popularity.
In 1959, a historical marker was placed down after the original mother tree’s death,…
I love apples . Haven't eaten one in a few years

oldmaninbc

420club
I grew up, along with many others, thinking CCR was a southern rock band......Nope Forgerty was a California boy.
Some of their music might have suggested they were from the south. Then there was California Lodi song but according to Fogerty he never even played in the town, he just thought the name sounded good. To be honest I don't think I gave their origins much thought, I just loved their music, I really connected with it.
I seen them live in a nightclub, their performance was outstanding. The only time I ever seen the manager of the club thank a band for the show. Exceptional performers/entertainers on that night.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Some of their music might have suggested they were from the south. Then there was California Lodi song but according to Fogerty he never even played in the town, he just thought the name sounded good. To be honest I don't think I gave their origins much thought, I just loved their music, I really connected with it.
I seen them live in a nightclub, their performance was outstanding. The only time I ever seen the manager of the club thank a band for the show. Exceptional performers/entertainers on that night.
With their sound I always though they were from the south. I love southern rock and country rock music. Skynyrd, Marshal Tucker, Molly Hatchet, Allman Brothers and many more over the years. I would include Rebel South but there are women here.

Latest posts

Latest posts