What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Unca Walt

420club
back from the gym and feelin it a bit...got a lot of stretching in, resistance work as well...got another funeral tonight...it's hard losing friends...not may old ones around anymore...
Just lost my lifetime best friend. His wife is my wife's bestie. We used to take vacations together, scuba diving, trail riding, crabbing, fishing, flying... <-- Jerry did not have a pilot's license, but he had many hours at the controls of my plane. I did not have a boat... didn't matter, he did.

As I just kept getting older, all those whom I have known for a long time -- are now all gone...

I truly feel like a part of me is missing.

jokerman

Premium user
Just lost my lifetime best friend. His wife is my wife's bestie. We used to take vacations together, scuba diving, trail riding, crabbing, fishing, flying... <-- Jerry did not have a pilot's license, but he had many hours at the controls of my plane. I did not have a boat... didn't matter, he did.

As I just kept getting older, all those whom I have known for a long time -- are now all gone...

My condolences❤️

jokerman

Premium user
This is my last week to get my crop organized. Good thing I kept a journal as I have not mixed a batch in years, always used Fox Farm OF, no more cant get it. Now I have to mix my peat, perlite and compost together and add fertilizer & dolomite. My Mrs. will keep an eye on me and double check my math and that I'm adding what I'm suppose to be adding. My brain gets confused easily these days, I don't like it.

Question: how deep do you plant your seeds and do you face your seeds in a specific direction?
As in life ,I don't go that deep.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club

Our sincere condolences and deepest sympathies Unca…

🙏🏻🫶

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
You don't face the seed in any particular direction just put it in the soil about1' deep. At one time they use to suggest putting the planted ungerminated seed in a certain direction, like pointed end up.

it doesn’t really matter which end is up

if the plant has any vigor , it will upright itself , just like out in the wild , seeds fall off plant and grow , from any direction🤓

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
So sorry Walt. I never had many friends and the one's I had are mostly gone or moved away. Pretty much by myself except for Mrs Pute and our daughter. I'm used to it.

Walk done, now gotta finish trimming and run the lawn mower over the leaves....will have to do that every few days for a couple of weeks. If not the leaves overwhelm the mower.

Later.

jokerman

Premium user
Remonds me of me youth with hair
1730139724400.jpeg

OleReynard

So sorry Walt. I never had many friends and the one's I had are mostly gone or moved away. Pretty much by myself except for Mrs Pute and our daughter. I'm used to it.

Walk done, now gotta finish trimming and run the lawn mower over the leaves....will have to do that every few days for a couple of weeks. If not the leaves overwhelm the mower.

Later.
You remind me so much of myself, Pute
Everytime I read something of yours it's like it's come out of the book of Mike

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran

Pretty unusual stuff here. I can see the correlation though in cats - they ARE a bit schizophrenic. I had two brother cats for about five years. I believe Persians. Ended up gifting to and elderly lady who fell in love right away. Hope she's ok.:whistle:
I think the key word there is correlation which as we all hopefully know, does not equal causation. Lie you, I have known cats in the past that one mght think a schizophrenic, however like the elderly lady in your example sometimes people end up being gifted cats thereby ownig the cat(s) due to someone else's action rather then something with in that person mentally. I can't see someone becoming schizophrenic just because the own a cat(s).

Last edited:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_3788.jpeg
IMG_3787.jpeg
CLARKSBURG, W.Va. – While the Golden Delicious (Malus domestica) apple is one of West Virginia’s state symbols, not many can claim to know how it came to be that way as well as why exactly it holds such significance to West Virginia.

It all started on the Mullins family farm, an Odessa hamlet in Clay County, West Virginia. In 1891, a 15-year-old J.M. Mullins discovered a wayward seedling spouting while he was tending the field, possibly sprouted from a discarded Grimes Golden seed, according to specialtyproduce.com.

J.M. Mullins left the seedling to grow, and soon after, the farm was given over to J.M.’s uncle, Anderson Mullins. Anderson first noticed the growing tree in 1905. The apples it produced were given the name “Mullins Yellow Seedling and Annit apple …
After nine years of observation, Anderson Mullins sent three samples over to Stark Brothers Nursery in Missouri. Paul Stark Sr., searching for a yellow apple to add to the company’s lineup, then traveled over 1,000 miles to visit the farm, “a journey known as the ‘Trail of the Golden Delicious Apple.'”

By 1916, the Starks had purchased the rights to sell the apple as well as the land surrounding the mother tree, even going so far as to construct “a 30 x 30-foot cage around the 900 sq foot piece of property, completely encasing the Golden Delicious tree.”

What made the apples so good for commercialization was that beyond lasting longer than other apples, as far as late spring, “they are easy-to-grow, self-pollinating, temperature tolerant, and produce large crops.”
The Stark Brothers Nursery then renamed the apple to Golden Delicious to be marketed alongside their Red Delicious apples, no relation. It soon exploded in popularity.
In 1959, a historical marker was placed down after the original mother tree’s death,…

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Condolences brother!

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran