What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

cola

Good Morning All (OF's):

Wishing each and every one of you, a pleasant morning, wonderful day, and outstanding evening.
I am currently pretty tied up with projects and work, so wanted to start with a daily check in hello.
Today is Saturday and we're upon the weekend & Sunday. Am glad for the two day break. TGFW!

See you all tomorrow (again)! (y):)

Magu🌈

Damn it . I cant keep up with this thread !!!! 🤪 May I make use of the collective knowledge of all you old farts? There must be a couple hundred years of experience here. 🤣 This winter I am going to look for a breeding male for my future projects. I understand the basics but would like to hear any advice you can give me that can help me along. What do you consider most important to select for? Any common misconceptions that I should ignore? Any and all opinions are welcome. @Gypsy Nirvana . @Old Uncle Ben . @Gray Wolf . @Sam_Skunkman .

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn it . I cant keep up with this thread !!!! 🤪 May I make use of the collective knowledge of all you old farts? There must be a couple hundred years of experience here. 🤣 This winter I am going to look for a breeding male for my future projects. I understand the basics but would like to hear any advice you can give me that can help me along. What do you consider most important to select for? Any common misconceptions that I should ignore? Any and all opinions are welcome. @Gypsy Nirvana . @Old Uncle Ben . @Gray Wolf . @Sam_Skunkman .
I can't keep up either brother Magu!

My background and experience is more in the processing than breeding side, so will let the big boys share their wealth of growing knowledge there. Feel free to ask me processing questions.

Unca Walt

420club
Don't do it my way.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good Satyr Day morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

A rainy day here starting at 55F and predicted to reach 66F.

A good day to sort and dispose of more treasures stored in our two garages, or wanton debauchery, chicanery, and moral turpitude.

Satyr.jpg

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Use males that have vigor the structure you want and smell good.
If you really wanna go all out flower the males first separately and choose on flower cluster development and trichome development @Magu🌈 .........I don't really hear about too many people doing that.
Sucks cuz it makes a difference in the progeny.......so I hear.
🙄

Yarddog

Morning gang. Slept in till seven this morning. Was awake before that, but no sense in getting up and starting a project when the kids will wake up shortly.
Todays menu.
1. Remove fireplace insert and reseal joints and flanges.
2. Feed kitty kitties every freaking hr😂
3. Start processing last weeks venison
4. Get the 3x3 tent fired up and running.

Littleleaf

Veteran
Morning :headbange :coffee:

A pre fit of the aluminum steps to make shore I got the angle be dangle correct. Then weld in the step plates. Beed using/trying to use my mig welder to weld the aluminum. It jams up as the wire it too soft. Need to invest in a spool gun made for aluminum but it wouldn't get used that much. So the investment would take a long time to recoup...

Waiting for Blondy to get out of the bathroom :whistling:

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club

how many seeds are you going to plant in order to find a male?….

when possible , we like to use pollen from multiple males

we mixed all the male pollen together

last seed run , we had 5 males that we collected pollen from to pollinate 6 females

what strain are you working with?

OleReynard

Yes, I was again disappointed with the seeds from twenty20 both these seeds and the spice seeds have good grow diaries but the seeds are hard to pop. They guarantee their seeds so I got replacements but won’t be ordering from them again as I wasted too much time with the seeds I was looking for some Indica to grow. We shall see how they turn out. I did manage to get clones going to make up for the seeds that didn’t pop for my other tent. Just not what I had planned.

Subie you're interested in some landrace indicas by chance

oldfogey8

yes , it is a work of patience ,

it is observing the plant cycles , that one could grow , harvest , and
regrow the same plant for how many years?..

a forced perennial
I have a 25 year old poinsettia. I don’t cut it back like the flowering pot plants people reveg but poinsettias are supposed to be annuals(I think). It lives outside all summer then comes in for the cold weather.

OleReynard

A pre fit of the aluminum steps to make shore I got the angle be dangle correct. Then weld in the step plates. Beed using/trying to use my mig welder to weld the aluminum. It jams up as the wire it too soft. Need to invest in a spool gun made for aluminum but it wouldn't get used that much. So the investment would take a long time to recoup...

Spool guns are the tit's, back when I was just out of high school I worked for a boat builder in Illinois.
Bunches of DNR boats all over the US and lots of commercial fishing boats and some double bottomed air boats running around with our names on them
re-vegging a harvested pot plant is something all ganja farmers need to experience

very interesting process

last one I done was a herijuana and
it looked similar to this one

View attachment 19089649

View attachment 19089652

View attachment 19089651

View attachment 19089650
Good job have done it more times than I can remember

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Mig is my preferred way to weld aluminum too. My least favorite is TIG AC.

Are there any equipment rental places near you that have what you need?