What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Yarddog

IMG_1379.jpeg
IMG_2796.jpeg

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Exactly. My partner was a playboy. His dad owned the corp. He knew nothing about the business and had no interest in learning......just liked playing the big shot.

Well.....if you don't know a thing about your business and want to keep it....Ya have to hire and pay somebody to do it. After 3 years as GM I was able to buy into the dealership. The only problem was I had to sign a No Compete Clause. If I ever left I wouldn't be able to work in anything associated with the automobile industry.

I worked there for 25 years and retired before 60. It killed that lazy boy who never grew up. 2 years later he sold the dealership.
Mopar/Chrysler?

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Funny enough, Clay Pigeon played that on the Wake n Bake breakfast show on WFMU this morning.

I liked David Essex, Make you a Star song was great.
That was the only song by David Essex I ever heard on the radio. I didn't really get into tapes and records until a few years later and by that time I was all into things like Hendrix and Aerosmyth and forgot all about David Essex.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I ice my back, take short walks around what’s left of my yard, and play with the boys…throw in chronic fatigue and it’s more than I care to deal with…still no internet, data only… I feel like I’m just existing
If that is all you can do, then its ostensibly a good time to relax and have tea! Maybe fire anyone beside you that is laying unreal expectations on you, just because you can, due to what you've already accomplished in your life!!

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was unfortunatly too poor to own a bike back in the days when I wanted one. So when I did go on a bike ride I had to ride on the back of my friend's 1000-1100 cc riceburner (Honda I think). I only ever experienced one accident. We were doing 40-50 mph on a long windy road that split too large pieces of farmland (all bought now and converted to high density townhomes.) Anyway while we were cruising down the road a small herd of deer was runnng down the medien parallel to us, just after getting slightly ahead of us a decent sized female decided it was a good idea to cut in front of us in an attempt to get to the other side of the road. For it's troubles the deer's head met with the cylinder head of the bike causing it's skull to be instantly pulverized, it also caused the body of the deer to whip around and slam into the side of the bike and the legs on that side of me and my friend driving the bike, just before it ripped off one of the saddle bags my friend had bolted to the rear of the bike. Amazingly or at least it seemed amazing to me, my firend was able to ride thru the mpact and not go down. He just came to a controlled stop and we went back to inspect the deer and put it out of it's misery if needed (it wasn't needed) and to retrieve the saddlebag that was torn off.

I was fairly well aware of the dangers people in cars were to bikes but up to that point I had never considered the idea that large wild animals might also pose a risk. That caused me to re-evaluate the idea of ever owning a bike because I had serious doubts I could go thru an experience like that, if I was driving, and keep the bike up on it's two wheels.
I had a deer cave in the front end and shear the motor mounts on a Jeep Grand Cherokee. That solid a hit with a bike could be lethal.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Exactly. My partner was a playboy. His dad owned the corp. He knew nothing about the business and had no interest in learning......just liked playing the big shot.

Well.....if you don't know a thing about your business and want to keep it....Ya have to hire and pay somebody to do it. After 3 years as GM I was able to buy into the dealership. The only problem was I had to sign a No Compete Clause. If I ever left I wouldn't be able to work in anything associated with the automobile industry.

I worked there for 25 years and retired before 60. It killed that lazy boy who never grew up. 2 years later he sold the dealership.
Somes times to play the position of official asshole, to allow the playboys keep on their good ole boy faces.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
This is what is going on just a few miles from me.......and if you don't do something it will be in your city as well. WHY ARE OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS, THE MEDIA AND LIBERALS ALLOWING THIS.

Aurora authorities knew about Tren de Aragua problem over a year ago, documents show​

Aurora council member Danielle Jurinsky says frontline cops are 'fed up'​

By Anders Hagstrom , Nicole Wright Fox News

Published October 24, 2024 2:14pm EDT

Surveillance video shows Aurora, Colorado apartment worker allegedly assaulted by Tren de Aragua gang

CBZ Management shared video of one of its workers being attacked as migrant gangs have brought violence to apartment complexes in the area. (Credit: CBZ Management, Edward Romero)

An Aurora City Council member says she has documents verifying that local police knew about the "Tren De Aragua" gang's takeover of local apartment buildings more than a year ago.
Councilwoman Danielle Jurinsky published photos of the documents to her personal X profile on Wednesday and Thursday. The documents contain emails from within the Aurora Police Department discussing extensive gang activities in the area.
"I am done. I am tired of the city lying. I am done with the governor who called the cops on me. I am done with the local media. This is an issue of human suffering. Gang members are extorting and torturing other migrants who came here for a better life and to get away from gangs like this." Jurinsky told Fox News Digital in an interview.

"This is one of the biggest cover-ups I’ve ever seen and Aurora police officers on the front lines are sick of it as well. They are putting their lives on the line and they are fed up," she added.
BLOODTHIRSTY VENEZUELAN STREET GANG SPARKS FEAR IN US AMID MIGRANT SURGE: WHAT TO KNOW

She went on to say that the Tren de Aragua gang is "still very much in control" of the apartment buildings in question.
She also pointed to a document from October of last year from the Aurora PD's Gang Intervention Unit. The document shows that authorities believed there were at least 15-20 members of TdA operating in Denver and Aurora at the time.
NEW REPORT WARNS BLOODTHIRSTY VENEZUELAN GANG'S FOOTPRINT WILL REMAIN IN US ‘FOR DECADES’
The document notes that Immigration and Customs Enforcement had intelligence indicating that TdA planned to establish a headquarters in Aurora, even going on to list the addresses of two apartment buildings at the center of the controversy: The Edge at Lowry and the Fitzsimons Place Apartments.
    • A document from the Audora Police Department detailing the presence of TdA in the city in October 2023. (Courtesy, Danielle Jurisnky)
Jurinsky's release comes just one day after the Department of Homeland Security recommended more than 100 migrants believed to be affiliated with TdA be put on an FBI watchlist.

oldmaninbc

420club
I was unfortunatly too poor to own a bike back in the days when I wanted one. So when I did go on a bike ride I had to ride on the back of my friend's 1000-1100 cc riceburner (Honda I think). I only ever experienced one accident. We were doing 40-50 mph on a long windy road that split too large pieces of farmland (all bought now and converted to high density townhomes.) Anyway while we were cruising down the road a small herd of deer was runnng down the medien parallel to us, just after getting slightly ahead of us a decent sized female decided it was a good idea to cut in front of us in an attempt to get to the other side of the road. For it's troubles the deer's head met with the cylinder head of the bike causing it's skull to be instantly pulverized, it also caused the body of the deer to whip around and slam into the side of the bike and the legs on that side of me and my friend driving the bike, just before it ripped off one of the saddle bags my friend had bolted to the rear of the bike. Amazingly or at least it seemed amazing to me, my firend was able to ride thru the mpact and not go down. He just came to a controlled stop and we went back to inspect the deer and put it out of it's misery if needed (it wasn't needed) and to retrieve the saddlebag that was torn off.

I was fairly well aware of the dangers people in cars were to bikes but up to that point I had never considered the idea that large wild animals might also pose a risk. That caused me to re-evaluate the idea of ever owning a bike because I had serious doubts I could go thru an experience like that, if I was driving, and keep the bike up on it's two wheels.
In my younger days I spent 5 weeks in the hospital, in isolation. On one late night I heard screaming in the small town hospital. When I had a nurse come into my room that night, I asked what happened.
She told me not to worry, he wasn't sick like me, he had only broken his back, when a downed tree on the road caused him and his motorcycle to crash. Poor guy sounded in worse shape than me.

Latest posts

Latest posts