What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I’m finally done trimming for a while thank goodness. That bowl trimmer is good help tho if your weed is not stickier than ever but still worth it unless you have real easy trim weed.
I have been growing the truffle treats exclusively for the last couple of harvest and it is probably one of the easiest trim plants that I’ve ever had in my garden. Maybe 10 minutes trimmed in one piece and then I hang them upside down.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I have been growing the truffle treats exclusively for the last couple of harvest and it is probably one of the easiest trim plants that I’ve ever had in my garden. Maybe 10 minutes trimmed in one piece and then I hang them upside down.
Both of mine are over a foot tall. Will take cuts and flip them as soon as they the High Chew is finished and out of the way.

Off to the hardware store.

Last edited:

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I try and avoid larfy weed. Especially when if comes to trimming.
the weed has been pretty good sometimes great but I hate trimming those buds that seem to be leafy. All the TK stuff outside was like that even tho they smelled great and were super sticky. I love it when the buds are so pretty you don’t want to get near them with a bowl trimmer. only on tent weed for me so far

Unca Walt

420club

Unca Walt

420club
I really love sunsets - and sunrises - living in a bustling metropolis - with many buildings blocking the view - it's just fantabulous - to finally see the sun go down on me - in real time - once again - such colours - and the sound of crashing waves - makes me feel a part of this thing we call - The World -
View attachment 19088315
View attachment 19088316
Fabulous!! My Scottish Witch is also enthralled with your pictures.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
the weed has been pretty good sometimes great but I hate trimming those buds that seem to be leafy. All the TK stuff outside was like that even tho they smelled great and were super sticky. I love it when the buds are so pretty you don’t want to get near them with a bowl trimmer. only on tent weed for me so far
Yup. Lucinda, Gold Digger (blast from the past) and now my High Chew are like that. Hopefully as Boo said the Truffle Treats will join in on that.

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Hey folks. Got a question. I’m looking into learning to cultivate some mushrooms. Just looking and it seems to be overwhelming to learn. Does anyone here have personal experience or have some good insight? Maybe they want to share some knowledge? I’ll be a good listener.
Hi Yarddog, Feel free to ask away. I;m not an expert, but have been cultivating mushrooms for a while now on and off.

I'd recommend starting with something called PFTek.
Jam jars/small wide mouth masons (for you USA folks) with brown rice flour, vermiculite and water mix, then squirt some spore syringe in there and pop them on a shelf at room temp.
So easy to do.

FUJIFILM_FinePix X100_5337664-5345604732.JPG

FUJIFILM_FinePix X100_7197440-7212757998.JPG

Do you get jam jars over there?

Anyway, get a feel for how they grow, how clean you can be etc with the small cakes in jars and then you can go to grain and bulk tubs with literally no contamination = less wasted time n money.

These were done in ziplock baggies after grain jars...

DSCF1530.JPG

So easy if you are clean in your methods.

oldfogey8

I’m finally done trimming for a while thank goodness. That bowl trimmer is good help tho if your weed is not stickier than ever but still worth it unless you have real easy trim weed.
My ‘Manute Bol’ plant will be an easy to trim plant. The Heri-Berry has a lot of leaf to it. I tried out my neighbors bowl trimmer while helping her with her plant. It brings down 4 hours of trimming to about a half an hour. Not as purdy as @Putembk ’s buds but the time saver is well worth it.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Successful trip to the hardware store. Got everything I needed. Edging to replace one I bent with the lawnmower yesterday and grub killer to get a head start on the Japanese Beatles that kill my lawn over the winter leaving me with patching brown spots next spring.

The edging is replaced ..... the lawn will be mowed and then the grub killer will be put down and watered in tomorrow.

Die you basturds....

giphy.webp

oldfogey8

Hi Yarddog, Feel free to ask away. I;m not an expert, but have been cultivating mushrooms for a while now on and off.

I'd recommend starting with something called PFTek.
Jam jars/small wide mouth masons (for you USA folks) with brown rice flour, vermiculite and water mix, then squirt some spore syringe in there and pop them on a shelf at room temp.
So easy to do.

View attachment 19088486
View attachment 19088488

Do you get jam jars over there?

Anyway, get a feel for how they grow, how clean you can be etc with the small cakes in jars and then you can go to grain and bulk tubs with literally no contamination = less wasted time n money.

These were done in ziplock baggies after grain jars...

DSCF1530.JPG

So easy if you are clean in your methods.
I tried PF tek a couple times with PE liquid culture. Colonization went fine both times but stalled when I tried to fruit. Golden Teacher shrooms seemed easy to me though I haven’t tried PF tek with those. I used a ‘grow bag’ for those. Seemed easier than PF tek but that was still hit or miss for me.

BumSplodgeBrownPants

I tried PF tek a couple times with PE liquid culture. Colonization went fine both times but stalled when I tried to fruit. Golden Teacher shrooms seemed easy to me though I haven’t tried PF tek with those. I used a ‘grow bag’ for those. Seemed easier than PF tek but that was still hit or miss for me.
Hi Oldfogey!

Ah, that's another thing, you folks can get liquid culture in some countries too. Lucky lucky! PE can be tough to fruit, I found the same with Natalensis... I mention those as I found my spore prints from my last grow of those today and fancied starting up again. It's a nice winter hobby for me.

Anyway, my limited knowledge is, spore syringes are generally dirty, so grain/all in one bags and them together aren't the best way.

But liquid culture and grain bags, well them are a dream to do. (I have a flowhood with a hepa 14 filter on the front, so I can be lazy with my sterile technique and still get a clean run in.)

With the PF cakes, the vermiculite helps to stop the contaminants from the spore syringes in their tracks, mycelium can grow over these verm barriers, but the nasty stuff can't. (at least this is was I was taught).
Very forgiving for the beginner and saves sinking loads of money into equipment. You don't even need a pressure cooker for them!

Plus PF grown mushrooms look alien and cool on them cakes when grown. 😁

oldfogey8

Hi Oldfogey!

Ah, that's another thing, you folks can get liquid culture in some countries too. Lucky lucky! PE can be tough to fruit, I found the same with Natalensis... I mention those as I found my spore prints from my last grow of those today and fancied starting up again. It's a nice winter hobby for me.

Anyway, my limited knowledge is, spore syringes are generally dirty, so grain/all in one bags and them together aren't the best way.

But liquid culture and grain bags, well them are a dream to do. (I have a flowhood with a hepa 14 filter on the front, so I can be lazy with my sterile technique and still get a clean run in.)

With the PF cakes, the vermiculite helps to stop the contaminants from the spore syringes in their tracks, mycelium can grow over these verm barriers, but the nasty stuff can't. (at least this is was I was taught).
Very forgiving for the beginner and saves sinking loads of money into equipment. You don't even need a pressure cooker for them!

Plus PF grown mushrooms look alien and cool on them cakes when grown. 😁
I am relatively new to growing them(thank you again for the link to your google library) but had a few successful grows. I did the pressure cooker thing with my jam/mason jars and all was well until fruiting. I may get some more GT liquid culture and another all-in-one bag for the winter as that seems to be the best time for me to grow them(forced hot water heat instead to my air handler/AC moving air around even though I use MERV 13 filters on my AC which is supposed to filter out even mold spores). I had used the ‘Magic for the Masses’ pdf that you have on your google drive for the PF tek method.

Latest posts

Latest posts