What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Magu🌈

Good morning people ! 🌞 The drought kicked my ass so we sold 75 % of our herd to be sure we have enough hay and grass for this winter. The stress was bad but now Im moving on 😁 Hey @Gypsy Nirvana . Are you going to collect any seeds this trip ? You could sell a new collection and call it “@Gypsy Nirvana’s Comeback Tour.” I cant find that video you did with Wally. I really wanted to see that. Wally is my buddy and I write to him almost every week. He is a really nice guy and a very funny fellow. 🤣 Anyway, I will keep looking. Have a wonderful trip.
✌️😁👍

Unca Walt

420club
Ahhh - me pacemaker has at least 13 years of battery life left in it Unca Walt - but yes you are right - the techno-docs can't remotely monitor my heart from many thousands of miles away right now - but since it's been running well for 5 months in succession - and I'm not getting much Atrial Fibrillation at all - blood pressure is good these days - and I feel like I'm running on all 8 cylinders again - then why not eh?

I'm fully insured - if things do take a turn for the worst - and these days Thailand has a great reputation - for all things medical - just in case I might need any assistance over the next 5 weeks - but I doubt it -
OUTSTANDING! Just the answer I was hoping for; you can look over your shoulder at your past and KNOW you dodged an RPG. It is a good feeling many people do not have the good fortune to get:

A second chance to go outside and play in the sunshine. BTDT.

jokerman

Premium user
I do't take the chance of smoking anything, the lung pain I get from the asbestosis hurts like hell and do not wish to antagonize my lungs.
I have not smoked anything in any way shape or form in about 15 years. I'm good with that. I do miss the flavor of smoking but my health comes first.

People with asbestosis should not take those kinds of risk, could be very bad news.

Wonder if your dog got a buzz?🐶🪴
My Father passed from that.
We used to get40 lb bags of it
used to seal the chimney breach cleaning boilers

Yarddog

He's sharing a cell with Sam Bankman-Fried... butt buddies??

I stopped all caffein about 3 months ago.

Wasn't a long-time drinker. Last 20 years is all, but all of a sudden my heart started to 'flutter' 150bpm for an hour or more.

Cousin is a chiro and he said quit drinking caffein and danged if he wasn't right!

Even tried decaf and that too - there's some caffein in 'unleaded'.

The problem with 'flutter' is the blood pools in the heart and coagulates.

The problem with that is it can send a blood clot up into your brain.

Other than that, hey no problem!

FYI 'flutter' looks like a bowl of wiggling jello instead of a beating heart.

Doc said it's a precursor to A-fib.
That’s why I quit too. Now a cup with an inch of coffee makes me zoom. I quit alcohol, tobacco, and caffeine all at once. Caffeine was the only thing that gave me an issue. And I was drinking a pint of whiskey each night. Or more. Smoked for fifteen years. I kept saying I’d quit. And dang if fifteen years didn’t creep up on me.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Well, I ride on a mailtrain, babe
Can't buy a thrill
Well, I've been up all night
Leanin' on the window sill
Well, if I die
On top of the hill
And if I don't make it
You know my baby will

Don't the moon look good, mama
Shinin' through the trees?
Don't the brakeman look good, mama
Flagging down the "Double E"?
Don't the sun look good
Goin' down over the sea?
Don't my gal look fine
When she's comin' after me?

Now the wintertime is coming
The windows are filled with frost
I went to tell everybody
But I could not get across
Well, I wanna be your lover, baby
I don't wanna be your boss
Don't say I never warned you
When your train gets lost

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning venerable windy brothers and sisters. Let the good times roll!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Rainy today starting at 46F and predicted to reach 59F.

I finally got an auxiliary battery connected and accurately measured the parasitic draw on the Jeep, which is actually only 0.16 amps, versus 1.6, so have been charging the relatively new premium battery since yesterday morning and will have it load tested today. It of course takes a special battery that costs about $260.

No gym this morning and an empty calendar. Hee, hee, hee.....................

Littleleaf

Veteran
Morning :whip: :coffee:

Solar power is making more than is being used keeping that battery @13.5v. Water heating system got the water up too 87f.
Hanging the inside plastic early this morning before it gets smoking hot in there. Then the dirt work leveling out the inside. Once that is done, it's plumbing in the sand filter system and filling it the rest of the way up. Still need to build the steps to get in n out of the pool.

Getting closer to getting it done. Price tag is @ $1,043.56 as of today.

Getting wired for sound :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: off we go :whee:

Unca Walt

420club
If I put a pot plant up in my attic to dry, it would start getting crunchy before I got down the ladder… I don’t know if my lack of care for growing is just a small phase in my life or something that’s going to be in my future… I’ve gotten very healthy plants and beautiful flowers, but I just don’t feel the love anymore. Maybe if my health improves my attitude will as well…as it is now both suck…😱
Just cuddle with your pups.

giggy

Veteran
Morning folks, having a bit of a hard time with myself this morn. Just something I deal with every morning, knee is swollen and tender. Looking at it this morn makes me want to grab that doctor and choke him down, hate it when I start thinking like that. I gotta keep my happy face on, so I don't piss everybody off at me. Some mornings are real hard. Anyway I want to wish everyone a great morning and s wonderful dsy. Peace out.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Morning folks, having a bit of a hard time with myself this morn. Just something I deal with every morning, knee is swollen and tender. Looking at it this morn makes me want to grab that doctor and choke him down, hate it when I start thinking like that. I gotta keep my happy face on, so I don't piss everybody off at me. Some mornings are real hard. Anyway I want to wish everyone a great morning and s wonderful dsy. Peace out.
I’m sorry you are having a tough day Giggy. I too try to remain “nice” when I’m feeling bad as to not rub off my mood on others. Try and hang in there brother 🥰💕💕

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I put a pot plant up in my attic to dry, it would start getting crunchy before I got down the ladder… I don’t know if my lack of care for growing is just a small phase in my life or something that’s going to be in my future… I’ve gotten very healthy plants and beautiful flowers, but I just don’t feel the love anymore. Maybe if my health improves my attitude will as well…as it is now both suck…😱
If I were in your position with your health, declining pup, storm damage, neighbor and legal issues, etc, et al, I might feel overwhelmed.

I was often overwhelmed prior to retirement with impossible schedules for new facilities and equipment, as well as events like unscheduled catastrophic plant shutdowns losing millions per day.

I always cut through it the same way following critical path. I took care of the critical things first and put the schedule on the rest in perspective.

The saving grace is that everything is never critical, which affords some breathing room to sit back and plan versus fretting about it.

Is there anything critical enough that you can't take a day or two off to relax and snuggle with your pups, while planning out your recovery on paper. so that the details and schedule are in perspective, and you are planning rather than fretting?

The other saving grace was that as the leader, I didn't have to do everything myself. How much of the grunt work can you farm out?

At this point you've made your fortune, and sadly have a limited amount of time left on your dance card to enjoy what your efforts and sacrifices have earned.

Consider the advice you would give your very best friend in your position and then following that advice yourself?

Latest posts

Latest posts