What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

420club
Yes - the only thing putting a damper on my up coming trip tomorrow - is my nose - since it hasn't stopped running all day <drip-drip> - maybe a cuppa Lemsip might help dry it up - I'm fine otherwise - no fever nor odd aches and pains - no cough - just my sinuses seem to be having some crisis - and I don't want to be snot-nosed when I'm flying tomorrow -
Do you have allergies?
I put a gel in my nose everyday to try and prevent a runny nose. Unless there are allergies, then it's like have a small creek running out my nose.

OleReynard

Yeah, I keep a thick mat at the sink and kitchen counter. It's the weight of my head pushing down on my spine that causes my main problem, which in turn is a major increase in pain levels in a very short period of time.

It is common for people with my problem to have their pain levels develop as the day goes on, I could tell you the time of day just by the pain I experience throughout the day. The pain is like a time clock.
I have 2-6' ers sprawled out in front of stove and sink.
Don't help much

oldmaninbc

420club
I have 2-6' ers sprawled out in front of stove and sink.
Don't help much
Try it, if it works, great, if not move on to the next possibility. When your body is well worn, not really much can be done. Accept trying to avoid the cause of pain. Laying down on my bed is my best relief from spinal related pain. But then, laying on my degenerating shoulder begins to ache, I'm just screwed no matter what.
Unless the pain gets really out of control, I just deal with it and carry on, always trying to move forward the best I can. Try to keep a smile.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Went to the post office today, system shows a refund check has been issued and mailed. Sounds good. Gotta pay the rent man. The housing people are understanding. Fire trucks are here, someone must have fallen or have sky high blood pressure. Mom is going to come over and make tuna melts.

Unca Walt

420club
Annual membership fee.

For some reason and please don't drop dime on me....I am a member of Amazon Prime and always have been and I have never paid an annual fee.

Every year Amazon says I need to pay my annual dues....I don't and yet I am still eligible for free shipping and no cost on returns.
So you're the thief sumbitch who stole my idennity. Amazon/Prime bills me and won't let me use their service since my old puter committed seppuku.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Replaced the thermal fuse in the dryer and it ran full on until it melted the fuse again........dangerously hot a fire hazard!
Other than the fuse there's good continuity through all other possible routes........had me stumped.
Popped the heating element and one of the coils had broken and welded itself to another coil causing the issues.
So a new element and a couple new fuses should fix it.
Exactly what I said last time.
😆

Goldhedge

Replaced the thermal fuse in the dryer and it ran full on until it melted the fuse again........dangerously hot a fire hazard!
Other than the fuse there's good continuity through all other possible routes........had me stumped.
Popped the heating element and one of the coils had broken and welded itself to another coil causing the issues.
So a new element and a couple new fuses should fix it.
Exactly what I said last time.
😆
Quick answer...

I too have ventured into the realm of dryer repair. Simple system really.

What I discovered is the wife would wash the down comforter and stuff it in the dryer with a pair of tennis shoes (helps fluff it up). She'd naturally set it on high to get the job done faster.

That works until the second run when the comforter was 'puffed' but not quite dry. She'd run it again on high and invariably at some future point the fuse would blow.

Got to thinking about it and it occurred to me that the first run was perfectly ok on high, but by the second run the comforter dang near filled the drum restricting the air flow which caused the element to over heat and blow the fuse.

Solution was turn it on high the first go round and then put it on medium/low for the second. It's almost dry already and it didn't need super hot to get the job done.

That seems to be 'the fix' for the fuse blowing. Also the heating wire element doesn't over heat and break. That's a whole 'nuther can of worms to rout out.