What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Yarddog

Saw the northern lights way down here in almost South Georgia. I don’t like it. Ain’t natural to see them way down here. We’ve had some pretty high emissions in solar storms this year. Higher than seen in many years.
Besides they were red.
That stuff looks like a bad omen, like who wants to look up to a weird blood red sky way down in georgia. You know that’s a heavy solar flare to catch us easy down here. Like knowing your being shot at 😂

Goldhedge

When I was in grade school it was an honor to clean the erasers with a ruler.

Talk about a shit job!

Chalk dust everywhere and teacher's pet got the honors!

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I’d rather gas my saw and keep working then wait on the battery to recharge for an hr or more.
Homelite used to sell a two stroke circular saw for the Alaskan folk. Now that’s a funny looking saw.
Yeah i'm guessing chainsaws and sting trimmers given out were gas powered but those electric chainsaws aren't half bad and if you have two batteries (one in the saw, one in the charger) you're good to go. Keep in mind they have crews out with the right equipment doing the heavy duty stuff. Most of what home owners will be boing will be more repair to their home related and for that the battery tools might be better if the power is out and people have to keep everything running on a generator. I wasn't able to see much of the after math this morning as I had other things to do, from what I did see though it looks like damages weren't horribly bad other then isolated areas where the tornados touched down. There was a crane that did a fair bit of damage to a multi story bring building and the damaged roof at Tropicana field but stuff like that will be taken care of by paid professionals most likely.

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
Good morning peoples, I appreciate the concern but the boys and I made it through the storm in one piece as did the house. My 25 year project the landscaping is been completely ripped out of the ground. All the trees in my backyard had the tops broken off, and when they came down, they crushed all the palms along my driveway. I completely overdid it when I was hanging the shutters so I’m staying close to the ice pack and the bed today… when I walked out on the back porch this morning I just about choked up looking at the devastation. I’ll take some pictures, but I don’t think I’ll be able to send them because all of our services are down. Thank God, the storm came from the north because if it came from the south, it would’ve crushed my home because I have a lot of trees…
Sorry to hear all those years of hard work were undone but the important thing is that you and the boys are okay. All the damage will get sorted out in due course so for now the priority is to take care of the one thing that can't be replaced...you.

HempKat

Veteran
I couldn't help but notice the goodies in the background, they would have to be covered over before they would get by my eye.
Sub, have you ever made a cupcake with a filling in the center?

I make a lemon, poppy seed and coconut muffin, I'd like to put some lemon curd in them this time, but have never done it.
I made some once that came in a kit form, basically it required you to make the cup dake part first then you put the filling in one of those cone shaped bags for applying icing to a cake and fill up the middle. Then you bake it, top it with icing after it cools and then enjoy. The cupcake was meant to resemble strawberry cheese cake so the cake part was strawberry the flling was a blend of something like creamcheese and whipped cream and the icing was cream cheese flavored. Wasn't difficult but a bit tedious. They turned out fairly good.

cola

Good Morning All (OF's):

Wishing each and every one of you, a pleasant morning, wonderful day, and outstanding evening.
I am currently pretty tied up with projects and work, so wanted to start with a daily check in hello.
Today is Friday and right next door to the weekend on Saturday. Will be glad for the break. TGIF!!

See you all tomorrow (again)! (y):)

cola

A little morning motivational shuffle music. At least, for me! Enjoy your Friday morning (your brand) cuppas, OF's .. :)