What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Good morning peoples, I appreciate the concern but the boys and I made it through the storm in one piece as did the house. My 25 year project the landscaping is been completely ripped out of the ground. All the trees in my backyard had the tops broken off, and when they came down, they crushed all the palms along my driveway. I completely overdid it when I was hanging the shutters so I’m staying close to the ice pack and the bed today… when I walked out on the back porch this morning I just about choked up looking at the devastation. I’ll take some pictures, but I don’t think I’ll be able to send them because all of our services are down. Thank God, the storm came from the north because if it came from the south, it would’ve crushed my home because I have a lot of trees…
That shit will grow back really good to see you made it even if you're feeling like hammered shit.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Hammered shit certainly describes how I feel right now. Most of my help did not show up to put up the shutters like they usually do so I had to do it with a couple of my buddies that aren’t very physically fit so I ended up caring the weight on my back. When I let Dutch out last night before the complete storm came, he got lost and with the howling rain and wind I had to go out and try to find him. He looks very relieved to see my face

oldmaninbc

420club
Up, it's 8am. Smoked some ice hash. Watching news. Tropicana Field! 😞 Morning 3 mile walk. Meeting Mom for Starbucks
Good day DB, I'm always reminded by your posts how much I miss my mom.
I'm waiting for the dispensary I know to have a sale on hash, it's been years and years since I've tried any. Would like to see how it effects my aches and pains.

The Mrs. spoke with her son in Boston the other day, he moved there from Texas and enjoys the weather better in Boston, he likes the changes of seasons.

take care DB

Unca Walt

420club
Shitdamnhellpissfartpoop
Good morning peoples, I appreciate the concern but the boys and I made it through the storm in one piece as did the house. My 25 year project the landscaping is been completely ripped out of the ground. All the trees in my backyard had the tops broken off, and when they came down, they crushed all the palms along my driveway. I completely overdid it when I was hanging the shutters so I’m staying close to the ice pack and the bed today… when I walked out on the back porch this morning I just about choked up looking at the devastation. I’ll take some pictures, but I don’t think I’ll be able to send them because all of our services are down. Thank God, the storm came from the north because if it came from the south, it would’ve crushed my home because I have a lot of trees…
Damn, brother. That sucks. I've got more input: I followed where my neighbor pointed and looked. JEEZ!

A full hundred feet of his wood slat fence between our properties has been destroyed. This is a real problem for Scott (neighbor) because he has two little doggies that cannot roam the neighborhood. The fence was their playpen. Some trees I had not noticed are down, too.

Friggin' tornado missed my house by twenty feet. Double Jeez.

Unca Walt

420club
Hammered shit certainly describes how I feel right now. Most of my help did not show up to put up the shutters like they usually do so I had to do it with a couple of my buddies that aren’t very physically fit so I ended up caring the weight on my back. When I let Dutch out last night before the complete storm came, he got lost and with the howling rain and wind I had to go out and try to find him. He looks very relieved to see my face
That. Just. Pisses. Me. Off. :mad::mad::mad:

oldmaninbc

420club
Shitdamnhellpissfartpoop

Damn, brother. That sucks. I've got more input: I followed where my neighbor pointed and looked. JEEZ!

A full hundred feet of his wood slat fence between our properties has been destroyed. This is a real problem for Scott (neighbor) because he has two little doggies that cannot roam the neighborhood. The fence was their playpen. Some trees I had not noticed are down, too.

Friggin' tornado missed my house by twenty feet. Double Jeez.
In the big picture your home survived and you and your wife are well, that's good Unca Walt, very good.

What happens with Fancy Pants?

Goldhedge

Wish I could. Not with this new fargin computer. Useta just plug in my camera and screenshoot. Now I would have to buy programs apps that came with the old one. I can post old pics I already have (10% of what I had -- 90% of the rest are lost.)
find a highschool kid.

I find it hard to believe that the computer won't upload your pictures! These days computers come with all that utility stuff built in.

Are they on your phone? Android, or Apple?

Yet another way is to email the pics to yourself and then you copy/paste to computer.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello GW, and a very good day to you.
Hey that's good news having a sleep without any assists.

Here in my mind I'm seeing this little salamander spread eagle sizzling on the grill.

That's what I pictured in my thoughts, served on one of those pointy little sticks.

hello YD
Good morning, Old Man! A good day to you as well!

Their name does evoke certain images doesn't it? Here is their breakfast and brunch menu, but it looks like they make most of their money from their "Boozy Breakfast" menu.

BrassNwood

Veteran

What was the popular dance craze that originated in the 1960s?​

Which car model became an emblem of American muscle cars during the 60s?

Which car model became an emblem of American muscle cars during the 60s?

Which artist is known for his famous paintings of Campbell's soup cans?​

twist

GTO or Dodge Charger

Andy Warhol

That was my guess as well.

Lee Iacocca moved from chrysler to ford and invented the Mustang....he was credited for saving fore with the mustang.

Swede had a GTO in high school

and a pony

I believe the answer is

Camaro

Mustang is a Pony car class built on the Falcon chassis AKA Compact cars. 2500 to 3K pounds Same with Chevy II / Nova and the early Barracuda / Valient.

Muscle cars as a class were midsized bodies with full size car engines. Chevelle / Fairlane / Belvedere / Tempest. 3000 to 3500 pounds.

Take the 390 CID engine from the 4000-pound Galaxy and drop it into the 500 lb lighter Fairlane body and you have a Muscle car.

Take the high compression 383 from the Fury and drop into the Belvedere and you had the Road-Runner.

At least it was so back in the day as I remembers it. Early examples were like Buick with the 53-55 Century. Used the lighter Special body can with the Roadmasters 322 CID high compression engine.

oldmaninbc

420club
Good morning, Old Man! A good day to you as well!

Their name does evoke certain images doesn't it? Here is their breakfast and brunch menu, but it looks like they make most of their money from their "Boozy Breakfast" menu.

Prices look comparable to what you would find around here, in a similar style restaurant.

Boozy breakfast...yikes!

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
@ BrassNWood you are right. If I had it to do over again this is the car I would have built. First, Pontiac big blocks don't like high rpm. I had the heads off my GTO once a month replacing a bent intake valve. Next the chevy's had a 12 bolt spicer rear end....pontiacs came with a 10 bolt....I kept breaking the ring gear and pinion . And last the GTO weighed 33 hundred lbs. The 67 nova was 27 hundred. I also should have installed a 411 gear instead of 433. Pontiac won't take that. I was crossing the line at redline....6300...which helped bend the intake valve.

Pretty sure if I would have started with a nova with a 327 cid with 375 hp from the factrory bored 30thousands over to make a 333 and using the exact same set up I would have been in the mid 11's.

1728580783971.png

Last edited:

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Just got offa the phone with my Red Witch's sister -- No real flooding in Tampa area. Less by far than the last storm.

HOWEVER -- My two houses down neighbor was just here. He and his wifelet actually watched the whirling wind of the tornado go between our houses.

I am beat to shit right now. A 18" pine tree in my front yard that got whomped down is now chainsawed up into 8' pieces. I will haul them off mebbe tomorrow. And I alsocut up the fallen ylang-ylang tree. (pant, puf) Then I painted all the tears in the remaining stump with that black tree-wound stuff. Hope it survives, but I don't think so.

But the worst (scariest and dirtiest) task I gave myself was to address the huge pine tree that was laying across the powerlines on my road. In order to get to it, I hadda wade through 2' of water with my chainsaw. I got lucky when I cut it close to the base; it rolled back and off the wires onto the ground. (*phew*)

If I had left it, I could see it would have soon pulled down my power lines as it was working back and forth in the wind.

I am one beat puppy, and I am trying to ease the owies with Tylenol.
You are doing too much. Slow down and let someone else help. It doesn’t have to be done today…

Dime

@ BrassNWood you are right. If I had it to do over again this is the car I would have built. First, Pontiac big blocks don't like high rpm. I had the heads off my GTO once a month replacing a bent intake valve. Next the chevy's had a 12 bolt spicer rear end....pontiacs came with a 10 bolt....I kept breaking spider gears. And last the GTO weighed 33 hundred lbs. The 67 nova was 27 hundred. I also should have insalled a 411 gear instead of 433. Pontiac won't take that. I was crossing the line at redline....6300...which helped bend the intake valve.

Pretty sure if I would have started with a nova with a 327 cid with 375 hp from the factrory bored 30thousands over to make a 333 and using the exact same set up I woluld have been in the mid 11's.

View attachment 19081686
You could get a chevy 12 bolt as an option on gto in 70 if you ordered the 455

Latest posts

Latest posts