What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Goldhedge

yep , free range farm eggs are $3-5 bucks a dozen

so those hens will pay for themselves several times over

not to mention one chicken poops about a 1/4 pound of fertilizer everyday and , bug control , they paid for themselves many times over
Got a gal lives over in Rush. She gives us a dozen eggs every couple of weeks.

We buy a bag of 'Big R' feed ever so often to compensate. Don't have to, but she has 18 chickens if I recall...? I've had chickens before and know what it costs.

oldmaninbc

420club
Good morning everyone. It’s a nice day here today. I’m soloing this morning as Mr sub is at the dermatologist for a checkup.

watching the weather this morning with thought of all my friends in the storms path.
I have garden work this morning in the veggie garden adding Peat moss to the soil to hold a bit more moisture. I think I might have screwed up adding so much perlite to my little grow space. Not as many worms this year. I have a few veggies to plant but only to have something growing out there

hope everyone has a nice day today and my positive thoughts and prayers are with those in harms way. 🥰✌️
Hello Mrs. Sub, yep, worms don't exist well on peat and perlite. Do you have a compost pile?

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Well, the plants that I started from seed are about 22 inches tall at least on the Romulan skunk. It stretches more than the blue moon rocks. They both are showing nubs but I can’t tell their sex just yet. The next couple of days will reveal the number of Females I have.

Just in time too, as I have a Chem 91 And a demon fruit ready to harvest in a few days.

Not much going on down here today, so I need to run to the hardware store for a new furnace filter and take some tomatoes over to my daughter.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Got a gal lives over in Rush. She gives us a dozen eggs every couple of weeks.

We buy a bag of 'Big R' feed ever so often to compensate. Don't have to, but she has 18 chickens if I recall...? I've had chickens before and know what it costs.

15 years ago I bought 40 lb bags of local chicken scratch , it’s Milo , wheat , corn , and sunflower seeds , all gathered and mixed at a local grain elevator , $10 dollars a sack

it’s $18 a sack now…I was buying about 4-6 sacks a month , plus oyster shell , diatomaceous earth food grade , grub worms for treats , and hay for inside the henhouse

it all adds up

IMG_9042.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts