What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've shot lots of Quail, Doves and pheasants.
I've had high powered staters all my life and various Chessies for waterfowl.
Used to compete in trials with my dogs.

Have yet to shoot a grouse.

As far as gun collection i have 2- 4 barrel sets 1 is a Winchester Pigeon Grade set o/u. Skeet set up.
The other is a BSS Browning side x side.
A couple 10ga one of which i will not shoot no more the SanMarcos is a o/u like getting kicked by a mule.
I still have my first and second guns 410 bolt action and 20 ga mossberg pump.

Numerous rifles and pistols stashed away for another time another place.
Then I have my Belgium Browning 12 ga Humpback.
My 12 ga Mossberg mod 500c trophy hunter, slug gun that I convert for duck hunting, which is sitting right now with a home security 18.5 barrel with tube attachment holds 7.
Also have a scoped barrel and rifle sights for this one.

My security guns are up here while my money guns are stashed at my folks house.
We have Pheasants, Grouse, and Chukar here as well and a dog makes a huge difference. Chukar are the hardest to hit for me because they are so fast and evasive, after also exploding at your feet.

The Pheasants and Grouse here will often either hide or run on the ground without dogs to flush them into the air. My hunting buddy kept black Labs for family dog and hunting, and if the birds were there Angi or later Rosie would find and flush them. They were an absolute pleasure to watch work!

My favorite upland bird gun was my Browning OU in 12ga.
Congratulations, I always love hearing about relationships that stand the test of time, it gives me renewed hope in humanity because it takes real effort on behalf of both in order for it to happen. Effort that strengthens important human qualites such as patience, understanding, compassion, the ability to compromise and of course the most important...love. Happy 40th.
Thank you! It took me three tries to get it right and there are brothers and sisters on this thread with more time with the same soulmate.

I believe they will all tell you that it wasn't easy or blissful every step of the way, but they were able to talk their way through the BS and power through the hard times.

For me the secret was to marry my best friend, because I treat friends kindlier and with more consideration than just lovers and she responded in kind.

Last edited:

Yarddog

Mrs Y.D. And I will celebrate 12 years next month. I just asked so I’m right. She stayed around through almost three years of prison. She’s mean as a snake bout to shed its skin. But she’s loyal as can be. Can cook well and loves her family. Mine ain’t the highs school cheerleader, turns out you don’t have to go for just looks. Hell im no Ken doll myself. 😂

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Mrs Y.D. And I will celebrate 12 years next month. I just asked so I’m right. She stayed around through almost three years of prison. She’s mean as a snake bout to shed its skin. But she’s loyal as can be. Can cook well and loves her family. Mine ain’t the highs school cheerleader, turns out you don’t have to go for just looks. Hell im no Ken doll myself. 😂
Congratulations YD.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
iu