What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
No seed oil or veg oils only lard and natural fats over here.
👍🏾
IMG_20241005_191449_1.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Boo

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
The above is so true. What was taught to me in the 50's (wood shop/metal shop) helped enormously.
Exactly, some kids mght remember those classes as a joke because for some they were but for others it sparked an interest in going into the trades for a career. Alas as far as I know now, no schools have those courses. At least not in my area and nothing but the pitch from the Colleges that everyone needs a degree to make it. To make matters worse I knew plenty of kids back in my day who put themselves thru school by working full time over the summer and part time during the school year to save up money for books and tuition. Good luck at doing that a few years later on $7.00 per hour (minimum wage at the time) and the current cost of tuition for most Colleges. Leaving anyone who bought the hype to go into massive debt with student loans.

Another important tool lost in today's schools (again at least in my area) was vocational counseling and/or apptitude tests to at least give kids an idea if they had what it takes for a College degree or would they maybe be better off looking into becoming an Electrition, Plumber, Auto Mechanic ior a Construction Worker. All careers that can bring in an impressive salary for anyone willing to put in the hardwork. Rather then kids having their heads filled with the illusion that any degree no matter how useless for the job market they want to live in, will guarentee them a 6 figure income. I'm not a supporter of student debt forgiveness because you know what you're signing up for when you get it but seeing the situations so many kids end up in due to the lack of guidence they get in high school, I can see why so many end up needing it just to ever make it to a semi normal decent life.

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
I am actually sorry to hear that.
Yeah me too, alas sometimes bad luck determines our fate. My problem is mainly a combination of my health and the fact that the roof to my seperate workshop which used to be my grow room has failed and I can't afford to fix it (Home Owner's Insurance refused to covr it until the roof got fixed).

Technically I could make a grow room in one of the bedrooms of my house but my house is too smal at 1250 sq ft to give up a bedroom and I have too much stuff stored in there I would have to get rid of first. The set up I had in my now comprimised workshop was about on par with what you have in your basement. Alas my home has no basement, just a crawlspace that I would never consider trying to have a grow space in.

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
Look around who's gonna be needing homes, first 2500 next will be a house
Some get that already thru the HUD Section 8 Housing. Who do you think ends up controlling all those unsold houses when the develpers go bankrupt because too few can afford them?

HempKat

Veteran
Been on the ladder in trim jail today taking off dying leaves or anything ugly as the temperature is cooling enough to where my outside plants are noticing it and starting to show signs of ripening. My back will be hurting tonight as i didn’t think it would take that long but wanted to get anything brown or dying away from the buds. it was kinda like a pre trim in a way. There are not a lot of leaves left on them, mostly buds. One of them, the snowcain/TK is just about ready for harvest. This is what they look like today…

the C99
View attachment 19078945
snowcain/Tk
View attachment 19078946
lemon Betty/TK
View attachment 19078947

and the other snowcain/TK
View attachment 19078948
Looks like you're going to have a lot of work just before the holidays but you'll also have one heck of a well supplied stash to show for it.

cola

Good Morning All (OF's):

Wishing each and every one of you, a pleasant morning, wonderful day, and outstanding evening.
I am currently pretty tied up with projects and work, so wanted to start with a daily check in hello.
Today is Sunday. An ordained day of R&R. So, let the enjoyment begin. Glad for the break. TGFW!

See you all tomorrow (again)! (y):)

Unca Walt

420club
Another important tool lost in today's schools (again at least in my area) was vocational counseling and/or apptitude tests to at least give kids an idea if they had what it takes for a College degree or would they maybe be better off looking into becoming an Electrition, Plumber, Auto Mechanic ior a Construction Worker.

There was a multi-day comprehensive series of aptitude tests that I took in 1957 in high school. Mine came out mixed with two salient (and awkwardly odd) points: writing and military. I did both.

Those aptitude tests were uncannily accurate. Where did they go? Did anybody else here get to take them?

Latest posts

Latest posts