What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I'm glad you enjoy baseball friend. There is a great documentary by Ken Burns called "Baseball" should you be interested
I believe it's on YouTube.
I'm hoping to get a powder blue Blue Jays Vladimir Guerrero Jr jersey it's $100. He's my favorite baseball player.
Nothing like being at the ballpark.
I would actually like baseball but The Colorado Rockies aren't a competitive team and never have been. The Monforts (owners) would rather sell beer. Every time we get a great player we sell to another team for Cash. I have tried to support them but it is like kissing my mother.

OleReynard

my first job was washing dishes at a high end restaurant , the Oaks of Ojai…$1.25 an hour

but that was like 1968 and weed was $10 bucks a lid

my first minimum wage job was around 1970 at $3.25 an hour

gas was about $.19 cents a gallon

best wages I ever made was working out of the finishers union in Washington

with benefits , over $50 an hour..this was back in 1985 and bringing home a tad over $1000 a week , driving a company truck , I was cutting a fat hog

wife unit did not have to work , kids went to a private school

can’t do that no more

I cannot figure out who is buying all these new houses in Colorado Springs , starting at $399,000.00 dollars!!

100’s of new homes
Look around who's gonna be needing homes, first 2500 next will be a house

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Really pisses ya off when the rug guys rub the back of the carpet again your walls rolling it out to install
oh hell no...either they agreed to pay me or the job stopped right then and there...my contract wouldn't allow them to bring in a painter to finish so they HAD to deal with me...one of the last hospitals I painted they incurred a cost of almost 50K for trying to push me into performing free work...

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Been on the ladder in trim jail today taking off dying leaves or anything ugly as the temperature is cooling enough to where my outside plants are noticing it and starting to show signs of ripening. My back will be hurting tonight as i didn’t think it would take that long but wanted to get anything brown or dying away from the buds. it was kinda like a pre trim in a way. There are not a lot of leaves left on them, mostly buds. One of them, the snowcain/TK is just about ready for harvest. This is what they look like today…

the C99
IMG_0728.jpeg

snowcain/Tk
IMG_0729.jpeg

lemon Betty/TK
IMG_0730.jpeg

and the other snowcain/TK
IMG_0731.jpeg

oldmaninbc

420club
Yeah it's a mess and there is no easy fix. There are two problems as I see it, one is the minimum wage crowd was kept at stagnent wage growth for years. Such that when they finally did get an increase they were so out of sync with the cost of living that the only way to make life doable for them was to raise the wage to crazy levels which just keeps the cost of living even higher, after the wage increase.

The other problem is even more complex and started with severe cuts to the education system thereby eliminating classes that taught kids about an alternative way to wealth in the trades rather then a college degree. This left too many people with only enough skills for a minimum wage job and no understanding of what direction to go, other then college to get out of that rut. It used to be that minimum wage jobs were just a starting point for high school aged kids, to give them enough money to save towards college and a little pocket change to have fun with. Now you got people who only have entry level skills and thinking they should be earning a living wage doing jobs meant for kids.
I was a part time student in my 40s to upgrade as I quit school early when young. I wanted to go to a community college and needed a considerable upgrade starting at about grade 8. I needed grade 11 and 12 for some entrance requirements. During my time at Selkirk College I was hired as an assistant to the instructor. I tutored GED students, administered the Talent Assessment Program and other tasks. I also tutored at the high school. It didn't take long to figure out there is a significant number of Canadians with a low literacy rate. Which brought about my decision to become a tutor with The Family Literacy Program, I spent about 6 years with them and received training throughout my time.

I was even tasked by the college to work with a 30s something woman who did not know how to read. She wanted to take a test but did not know how to read. I was surprised that there are people who do not know how to read at all.

With so many Canadians with a low literacy rate and some with no reading skills, it's know surprise these people cannot get good employment.

Some people are not academic and have a hard time learning, it's not their fault, they were born this way.

Yarddog

I got a funny one.
Over the years my dad has progressively told me stories of his youth, and his friends with their wild 1970’s escapades. Drugs were involved! (Oh No?!). As I got older I’d hear more.
My dad said he drank and smoked and that was about it. I always figured there was some blank spots to the stories. I’m not stoopid
My uncle tells me stuff, about my dad and a friend in particular. That friend pretty much ruined his life with a combination of a bad motorcycle wreck and shooting dope. I know my uncle did his share of hard dope too. Up to the early 90’s in the case of speed. It’s funny, my uncle never mentions he did anything like that himself. And my dad never mentions it about his own self either. But with both sides of the story I get a clearer picture😂

Yarddog

My dad had just got his ‘73 Z-28 painted. A friend and him split a six pack and took a ‘lude at the car wash. Driving 5mph on the dirt road so they didn’t toss rocks on the paint. Pops said he heard some noise, woke up and was idling in the ditch in first gear. Asked his friend WTF? Friend said man I thought you had it 😂
He still has that car. I rode in it last in ‘93. He gave me the title a few years back. I need to send it off before he dies. Don’t want to hassle with the estate crap. I guess I haven’t yet because it’s still has car while he’s alive.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Productive day so far.....got rid of lots of old paint ($5 donation to the Church), vacuumed the house for Mrs Pute and just finished tying my 36th fly for my upcoming fishing trip. This is supposed to be the fly to use.

View attachment 19078895
My hands hurt just thinking of tying a fly like that wow it’s beautiful. If I was a trout, I would surely be fooled.

Yarddog

Once my dad and my uncle and a friend were driving in a single cab on the way home from a job site and my dad started arguing with his brother. My dad spit on him and they started fighting driving down the road. Ran off the road, no damage. Spilled out of the car trying to kill each other. Their friend said he was crapping his pants trying to get out from the middle of it all. The best is to get all three to tell you the story separately. They all remember it a little differently.