What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Farmer John

Old and in the way.
Veteran
Years ago, I took my grandson up into the mountains in North Carolina and I brought him to a place, On the specific cliff of one of the mountains enjoyed spending time on… since then I have decided I want my ashes over in Western California amongst the redwoods. I spent many days hanging out in Garberville and then driving through the redwoods and just enjoying nature. I like redwood so much I bought a truckload of old cut wood to build my home.
IMG-20230625-WA0089.jpg

Thats all I wanted for my 40th birthday and my family made it happen. It is magical. I've spent a few months in California in my life and most of that time I've spent with trees, animals, mother nature and the ocean. Plenty of big cities and human made monuments in this world, none of that comes anywhere near the majestic beauty there is to experience

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

420club
Went apple picking with my bride today. A half bushel for $40! Yikes! They are good though and a small family owned business so I like supporting them. And they have cider slushies and cider donuts fresh out of the oil. Mmmm… snacks as @Boo would say… View attachment 19074215
Oh my goodness, there is a portable donut making business that sets up by the beach, fresh donuts out of the oil, they are delicious.

Going to make a trip to my favorite fruit stand for apples, garlic and whatever else catches my eye.
Your right it's good to support small business, I'm all for it.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
After seeing your cap junkie cross the other day, I decided to go ahead and break out my stash last night. I just love that strain and the high that it gives me… I let two of my friends stay here last night. Once a 370 pound biker and the other one is a normal size biker that was dinged in the head a few times and now he’s got TBI… They both slept very well after smoking the junkie… you did a great job on yours Subbie…👍
It’s gonna be hard to follow it up Boo. I really love growing all the cap junky mixes. All of them have been really nice and we love the smoke too and the yield was really goo especially this time. thanks for your kind comments boo. I’m glad you are growing it again. My peeps love it too and want to buy some but I don’t sell weed just give it away sometimes. I’m gonna have a lot of it too but we will use it up for sure.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
My stash has never been healthier, both volume and quality. In the last six months, my growth have just been really nice with no drama. I’ve got six more TT in the flower tent and I really don’t know why I did that because I’ve got gallon jars full of it, I have some seeds that I’ve stashed away for ages that I’m looking to pop. I need to wait until I lose a little bit of this fatigue one way or the other so I can spend time with my plants and not ignore them like I have

oldmaninbc

420club
Years ago, I took my grandson up into the mountains in North Carolina and I brought him to a place, On the specific cliff of one of the mountains enjoyed spending time on… since then I have decided I want my ashes over in Western California amongst the redwoods. I spent many days hanging out in Garberville and then driving through the redwoods and just enjoying nature. I like redwood so much I bought a truckload of old cut wood to build my home.
I have never travelled through the Redwood stands but have seen many photos, from friends who had lived in California and of course on TV, they are absolutely stunning. What a wonderful and beautiful place to have your ashes spread. But not too soon!

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
My stash has never been healthier, both volume and quality. In the last six months, my growth have just been really nice with no drama. I’ve got six more TT in the flower tent and I really don’t know why I did that because I’ve got gallon jars full of it, I have some seeds that I’ve stashed away for ages that I’m looking to pop. I need to wait until I lose a little bit of this fatigue one way or the other so I can spend time with my plants and not ignore them like I have
Happy for you Boo. I gave up all my strains a year or ago and have had. Issues getting them replaced with strains that serve my purpose …..searching.

oldmaninbc

420club
I looked for apples while I was in the mountains. Mr sub said we shouldn’t go back the 8 miles to the orchard. I wish now I would have made him go. We could be eating apple fritters right now. Those doughnuts are making my stomach growl. 🤪
You got my attention with apple fritters. I like apples and during apple season I eat one almost everyday. Will be heading to the fruit stand any time now for a couple of months worth of apples and other goodies, like garlic. I like Ambrosia apples for eating not so much for baking.

Before my mom passed away her diet included many sweet treats, I know of some other people who favored sweets at the end of life.

I bet you make a good fritter from what I've seen of your cooking.:)🍎🍎🍎

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
before I built my cabin Linda and I did 5 fly and rides...we flew to different points out west, all in cali but one to the grand canyon...Grants pass in oregon still makes me smile when remember it...went south and hung with the trees...the peace, quiet, and smell of the forest beckons me...I feel peace wash over me in the presence of the big trees...I'd love to walk among them one more time...

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
You got my attention with apple fritters. I like apples and during apple season I eat one almost everyday. Will be heading to the fruit stand any time now for a couple of months worth of apples and other goodies, like garlic. I like Ambrosia apples for eating not so much for baking.

Before my mom passed away her diet included many sweet treats, I know of some other people who favored sweets at the end of life.

I bet you make a good fritter from what I've seen of your cooking.:)🍎🍎🍎
Yes if I only had some good Virginia apples 🤣

oldfogey8

Hey old man. Having a granddaughter with DS has taught me a lot about it. I have since met many other children and adults with downs with different levels of capabilities. My granddaughter does have learning capability problems but is reachable as I myself have seen improvements working with her. Her biggest problem is with memory but we play games like lining up Oma’s 8 dolls, naming them all and interviewing each of them to see what their favorite color, song… write them all down on a paper graph then make a memory game out of it. It takes a lot of effort I know and the game usually lasts two hours or so but is worth the effort imo to move her a little farther up the ladder. She can read, write and is verbal unlike a lot of downs children. Shes not good with math but does understand addition subtraction and some simple fractions. I just want her to have a leg up if I can help her. Especially socially where I unlike her mother feels like there is more that can be done especially with her behavior problems like making her accountable for her actions

hope you’re having a good day old man 🥰✌️
You are an exceptional Oma. Your granddaughter is lucky to have you.

oldfogey8

before I built my cabin Linda and I did 5 fly and rides...we flew to different points out west, all in cali but one to the grand canyon...Grants pass in oregon still makes me smile when remember it...went south and hung with the trees...the peace, quiet, and smell of the forest beckons me...I feel peace wash over me in the presence of the big trees...I'd love to walk among them one more time...
A friend of mine absconded with a Sequoia pine cone a while back. He got seeds out of it and has one growing in Massachusetts. He is a tree fanatic who was the chairperson of the American Chestnut Project in college. He has a bunch of crosses and back crosses of American Chestnut with an Asian variety and is attempting to reintroduce the chestnut in the northeast. The population was decimated by a blight of some kind decades ago.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Cap junky is on the drying racks. The attic over the garage is the perfect temp and almost perfect humidity for drying.
IMG_0680.jpeg
IMG_0679.jpeg
IMG_0678.jpeg

Will add the bowl trimmings to the kief bag. This thing has a powerful smell when you open it after spinning it.
IMG_0681.jpeg

my next grow. These were the slowest seeds ever. In fact I got a refund and replacement seeds from NorthAtlantic seeds for the ones that didn’t pop. Funny the cap junky seeds practically jumped out of their shells and were super fast growers. These are indica and are super slow. They look healthy but they are taking their sweet time. Looking forward to getting them in some new soil with a little juice in it to hopefully speed them up.
IMG_0682.jpeg

oldmaninbc

420club
Hey old man. Having a granddaughter with DS has taught me a lot about it. I have since met many other children and adults with downs with different levels of capabilities. My granddaughter does have learning capability problems but is reachable as I myself have seen improvements working with her. Her biggest problem is with memory but we play games like lining up Oma’s 8 dolls, naming them all and interviewing each of them to see what their favorite color, song… write them all down on a paper graph then make a memory game out of it. It takes a lot of effort I know and the game usually lasts two hours or so but is worth the effort imo to move her a little farther up the ladder. She can read, write and is verbal unlike a lot of downs children. Shes not good with math but does understand addition subtraction and some simple fractions. I just want her to have a leg up if I can help her. Especially socially where I unlike her mother feels like there is more that can be done especially with her behavior problems like making her accountable for her actions

hope you’re having a good day old man 🥰✌️
That's good thinking Sub, teaching does not have to be in the school model. In some cases a child will learn better using objects or unusual book reading. With a parent's permission I would use reading books not used by the school like The Scoop on Poop, I know not for everyone. That's why I would show a parent before using it for instruction, no parent ever objected after seeing the book. A young fellow I tutored from grade 5 through high school. I had him build a bird feeder and had him write in his own words the process from start to finish. I helped him get his drivers licence his hunting licence. In the end he became a ticketed welder.
His 2 brothers and sister were considerably more academic than him and he felt inferior. I had to build his confidence up. Start small and work your way up
You sound like you have a good grasp on what your doing Oma:)

I am smelling imaginary apple fritters, I wonder why?