What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

texas? where they make that awful hamburger and catsup soup and dare to call it chili!

proper chile is made thusly...

brown up some cubed pork,add diced onions,saute until translucent,add fire roasted hatch green chile and chicken stock,simmer until pork falls apart,season with salt and pepper...

that will stick to your ribs,then eventually set them on fire!
Hello unclefishstick
Your not going to win any chili contests with your recipe. This weekend is the Sizzling Pepper Festival here, guaranteed no chili made with pork will win. As far as I know.

Your best bet would be to go to Texas and tell them they don't know what they are doing and perhaps add that there is nothing special about Texas, just for effect.

While I think that New Mexico is one of my favorite states, I had no idea that pork chili was a thing, I will have to contemplate this oddity. Ok, I'm finished thinking, it is odd.

I'll go with the bastardized version of hamburger chili, yum, yum!

oldmaninbc

Good morning brothers an sisters! View attachment 19071140 View attachment 19071141

Clear morning with cloudy afternoon starting at 52F and predicted to reach 77F.

Looks like I will be snaking a drain this morning. This one is the basement drain and I suspect she isn't running a strainer on her washer discharge. I'll turn he into how to use a woman's stocking for that purpose.
Hello GW, a woman's stocking works very well for that purpose. I'll say that; because that is what I use to catch bits of material etc.. Great minds!:)

Hope all is well in the PNW.

Goldhedge

1727015661589.png

Goldhedge

This one is the basement drain and I suspect she isn't running a strainer on her washer discharge. I'll turn he into how to use a woman's stocking for that purpose.
Needs a dishwasher that grinds up food bits...

We have that and it discharges into the disposal via a small tube in the side of disposal unit.

Running the disposal every so often chews up any remaining bits nicely....

oldmaninbc

Did I tell everyone I got scheduled for my colonoscopy? November 25th. Happy Thanksgiving. Gobble gobble. Have to be there at the hospital at 830 and I can leave at 1130. Very scared but whatever.
Colorectal surgeon doctor October 15. Regular doctor in January.
Hi DB, I have had a few colonoscopies, I have diverticulosis and in the diagnosing of it, a colonoscopy is used to determine if any other issue might be causing the problem. I have never felt any pain from a colonoscopy.
Also when I had surgery for hemorrhoids, they wanted a colonoscopy first.
If your uneasy, which it seems you are;
I hate being poked and prodded by medical staff but in the scheme of things a colonoscopy is rather an easy procedure. The prep for it could be the worst part but maybe they can do it with less drinking of fluids then when I had it last. After it is over I hope you have the reaction I did, which is, thank goodness it's over but that wasn't as bad as I imagined.
take care DB

Latest posts

Latest posts