What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

Very interesting. Do you think it was all the sativa's around back then? Have you tried going back old man and growing a sativa? I think @SubGirl recently ran something sativa
The first several years of my smoking history was all about hash. Weed did not become available until later years. It was easier to smuggle hash than weed. But yeah, when good weed made itself known, it was mostly about sativa. The first plant I ever grew(60s) came from seeds I found in a block of hash, so indicas were around.

I only grow sativa dominant strains, like the Jamaican Dream I grew last winter. I don't have the concentration to work with long term strains.
Well, I could be dead before a tropical sativa finished.

Sub is working with sativa dominant strain, as far as I know.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
But I can’t understand GW or Walt….SNORT…..
they may suffer with the same thing too sometimes
You got me there!

While I did once test in the upper quartile in English language comprehension, in my dotage I don't always understand every word Master Walt, or some of the rest of ya'll use for that matter, but when in doubt, I use Google.

Same with language translations like German and Cantonese. How do ya'll young'uns do it?

jokerman

Premium user
You got me there!

While I did once test in the upper quartile in English language comprehension, in my dotage I don't always understand every word Master Walt, or some of the rest of ya'll use for that matter, but when in doubt, I use Google.

Same with language translations like German and Cantonese. How do ya'll young'uns do it?
I fake it a lot.

oldmaninbc

The Rosato brothers saw and felt the Corleone family was losing power after leaving NY.
Frankie Five Angels was left to fend almost alone .
With his second man Cheech. killed and he almost getting killed he thought the Corleone family turned against him.
Still makes me upset😊☝️
Deceit, has taken down empires throughout history. Such a simple concept with such a powerful outcome.

What's with the meatballs, is this something that is going to have a proprietorship, are you going to franchise out your meatballs? I'd be on board if your looking for international expansion.

I can't afford much so I would gladly pay my debt every Tuesday for a meatball franchise today.:)

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
The first several years of my smoking history was all about hash. Weed did not become available until later years. It was easier to smuggle hash than weed. But yeah, when good weed made itself known, it was mostly about sativa. The first plant I ever grew(60s) came from seeds I found in a block of hash, so indicas were around.

I only grow sativa dominant strains, like the Jamaican Dream I grew last winter. I don't have the concentration to work with long term strains.
Well, I could be dead before a tropical sativa finished.

Sub is working with sativa dominant strain, as far as I know.
Funny you mention that hash was the thing. Back in the day, the shipyard would send the workers over to Scotland. Some would sneak herb over. The locals went crazy for the stuff and traded hash for it and were sooooo excited about real weed. That was in the 70s

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Someday when I am old ...all of you guys will be gone. It's makes me sad. Treasure our conversations.
A nice dream, but a strong statement brother, given your health, fitness, and errant ways.

I wonder who the youngest member of this thread that is in good health, fit, and living a salubrious lifestyle?
Sorry GW….You are young for 80. Apologies…
Apology accepted brother! I try to carry it gracefully and I was actually 79 last September 9th, 2024.

I was 80 in 2023 and vowed to get a year younger with each birthday from that point on.

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

Funny you mention that hash was the thing. Back in the day, the shipyard would send the workers over to Scotland. Some would sneak herb over. The locals went crazy for the stuff and traded hash for it and were sooooo excited about real weed. That was in the 70s
Yeah where I grew up in Central Canada (Ontario) Toronto area during the 60s it was all about hash. It wasn't very often that weed came around, usually people who travelled would bring back small quantities of weed. I smoked many different types of hash, even the shape was all over the place. From slabs, bars, twists, noodle like and balls.
I guess there was a lot of regional differences, even here in Canada the opposite coasts had their own varieties imported.
We got this hash one time and it looked as though the outer skin of the hash had been painted a metallic color, one could only imagine how it had been smuggled.

oldmaninbc

The grass is greener on the other side of the fence.
Has your weather dried up and lower humidity?

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
my healthy low cholesterol bkfst

IMG_2593.jpeg