What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

jokerman

Premium user
Clean air does so much .It brings good things in and bad things out.
I like clean air every day!😊
My main reason for a fan circulating in a tent is to build up stems.
BUT ffs! now that I think of if, with the few plants I grow at a time as opposed to 40 and 36 plants I came from.
Hard to do what you want to 40plants.
With that said I defoliate ,lolipop.low stress train .
with fresh air intake too

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Clean air does so much .It brings good things in and bad things out.
I like clean air every day!😊
My main reason for a fan circulating in a tent is to build up stems.
BUT ffs! now that I think of if, with the few plants I grow at a time as opposed to 40 and 36 plants I came from.
Hard to do what you want to 40plants.
With that said I defoliate ,lolipop.low stress train .
Way easier to exchange the air in a tent than in a room for sure.......unless you have big fans.
😆
My tents are nearly outdoors where they are a lot of sun bleaching on them.
😆

oldmaninbc

OldMan don't you have a hardware store close by, in line furnace duct fan comes in 4 and 6 inch.
These have lasted 3-4 years
Hello OleReynard, Sub had asked me what brand of carbon filter I use, I was relating the carbon filter name and filter size to the size of the fan.
Yeah, inline fans are easy to come by for me but the carbon filters not so much. I just started a new carbon filter last fall/winter, so I should be good to go.
Since 2010 this is my 3rd carbon filter.

Hope your getting all your fall projects worked on.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blowing the same air in a circle inside the tent accomplishes nothing except paying for electricity and fans.
Air exchange is the key so assuming you have a inline running continuously pulling air through the bottom and across the plants and out the top the clip on fans are a waste of everything.
Never used one once inside a tent and have never had pm even when every Lilac in the yards covered in it.

Spinning hot,wet air doesn't help and the fan motor adds heat........exchange not spin.
🙃
Here in the PM capital of the world, when the Delta Temperature is high between inside the grow room and outside air (high or low), we cool/heat and dehumidify the air, which we circulate hard enough with fans to keep every leaf shaking.

The moving air dislodges water molecules and removes them from the leaves better than evaporation by itself. You then of course have to remove that molecule from the air with a dehumidifier, or the room humidity will rise.

100% replacement air becomes a problem with heating and cooling. At best, we only get about 8 degrees drop in temperature each pass through the heat exchanger and of course less as the Delta T becomes smaller.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Spinning hot,wet air doesn't help and the fan motor adds heat........exchange not spin.
🙃
My grow tent is in a non AC space which is my utility room which also gets hot in the winter as my furnace, HW heater is in there. When I use the fans, my temp is 10 degrees more or less lower and my humidity is at least 15-20% lower when running the spinners. I’ve never lived anywhere with low humidity. SE Va is humid even this time of year. I occasionally have to run a dehumidifier too. Most of my grows are like summer grows with not much purple coming thru.

oldmaninbc

That’s what happened last time we went. Commercial city. And loud as heck too. We dont go to many movies but next time I’m bringing ear plugs snacks and arriving late so I’ll be there on time. Did yall make out?🙃
Good day to you Sub, we have only ever been to one theatre movie together my wife and myself, that was about 25 years ago. Does not sound like I am missing anything. We pay a good price for our TV service and get most of the movies. Can enjoy a movie in my own comfy living room, without annoying sounds and high costs. The best part, I can pause the show without missing anything.

All the best to you Sub on this sunny day.:)

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Good day to you too old man. I did enjoy our last date at the movies. You can go to the twilight show during the day. The last two movies I’ve been to were no crowd and during the daytime. We had one free pass too last time. It’s a bit different yes than watching a flick at home but if there was something worth watching I would go,again. Not many movies are worth it these day tho to me anyways.

OleReynard

Here's a Pic of a Chicken in the woods, just taken this morning.
She's been growing quite steadily.
20240918_102005.jpg

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
VIVOSUN, iPower, and AC Infinity** are great, cost-effective choices for smaller grow spaces. They offer good performance at a lower price but with a shorter lifespan. (12-18months)
offer good value while still effectively controlling odor. AMZ 45-70$

I use an AC Infinity 6" in a 4x4 pushing with about 400cfm. Although I run mostly on the lower setting, it's capable of that cfm if temperature and/or RH become an issue. I never got 18 months, though. It was more like 14 until I started catching hell for stinking up the place. Year-round grows.

Other premium options claim a lifespan of 18-24 months, but the cost is much higher.
Can-Lite
Gorrila Carbon filter
Phresh

Cots are somewhat similar @ around 200$

I think I’m going with the AC Infinity 4” as my inlet fan is 4”. Thanks for your reply GJ ✌️

oldmaninbc

Good morning brothers and sisters of the eloquently aged poot! View attachment 19068439 View attachment 19068440

A partially cloudy day starting at 56F and predicted to reach 73F.

!@#$%^&*(_)+ Squirrels are eating my tomatoes as they rippen. Last year I trapped and relocated five without relief, sooooo it looks like I can't grow tomatoes in that garden without an all-out war with the local tree rodents.

Next year I will try a spot in the front rose garden........................
Hello and good day to you GW, that's right an OF does not give up, easily.

oldmaninbc

Good morning folks. Raining again today. We did get a short break from it yesterday afternoon so I could shake the excess water off the plants and they dried out a bit but have had drizzle rain with no wind all night and this morning. The sky looks like we will get another break hopefully today so they can dry out again…

Hope everyone has a swell day 🙂
Just a thought, maybe you could put a fan on them when the sun comes out, help them dry out quicker.
Over the years I have done lots of unusual things to finish off plants. Just a thought. I am only slightly deranged, but good intentions.:)

oldmaninbc

Years ago I learned to make apple pie from a buddy who owned a restaurant.
I go hunting with the boys and bring enough stuff to make 10 apple pies.
8;45 am and completely frozen and after some sasquatch stomped thru where I was posted I went back to the camp and made them .
I made 10 and we came home with four and only because I put 4 away before the stoned wolves ate those too.
Hello and good day jokerman, I recall my grandma making jam and pouring melted paraffin wax over the top before sealing up the canning jars.

I really like pie! Can I have just 1 big slice, please.