What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Farmer John

Still alive.
Veteran
20240918_210218.jpg

Snooker time!!! 🥲

oldmaninbc

oldmaninbc said:

I have very fond memories of the drive-in and would love to go to a drive-in, they are still about here and there. My grand parents would dress me in my pajamas and I would eventually fall asleep in the back seat.
I remember the playground and the smell of the concession booth. I was raised to watch movies and it has stuck with me my whole life.:)

I never fell asleep in the back see of my car at the drive in......
Hello there Mr. Pute, I only fell asleep as a young gaffer not a teen, I was much to involved to fall asleep as a teen.
I have to make cookies.

Unca Walt

420club
I was going on the cheap when I bought this. I thought it was a quiet option to kill the rats that I started to see in my back yard. No way I was hitting a rat with a crossbow and my youngest told me he had a high powered pellet gun(1200 fps I think) in his old closet. I got lucky and hit one rat in his dome then my boy Zig got another a few weeks later. The rats moved on and I got a crossbow out of the deal.😁 Still need to get a crossbow rated target. The YouTube videos showing how to make one are bullschlip…
of8 -- I have gone through a raft of targets. Back when I had an ordinary crossbow, I was able to use this target:
1726683000846.jpeg

That was at 50 yards. It was accurate enuf that the pic above is the result of my grandling, Wolfie. He put 6 in the size of a quarter at 150 feet.

When I got my monster crossbow, the arrows went all the way through the target and stuck out the back. I would have to drive the points back with a block of wood and a hammer until I could reach the fletches. Too much fargin trubble. Screwed up the arrows, too, by wrecking the fletches.

Got one like this:
1726683485585.png

What is nice about this kind is that it stops the arrow at four inches in, then relaxes its grip so you easypeasy can pull the arrow out with your fingertips. You can play a "Connect 3" game with sumbody with it.

About $140. <-- This is a good deal when you figger a cheapo $60 crossbow target will not last anywhere near as long.

A funny note: Had a guy come in to fix my fridge icemaker. When I asked him if he would like to take a shot (he arrived when I was shooting in my front yard), he was all enthused.

I moved him to just 20 yards, which is a distance you cannot use multiple shots at the same bullseye because you will get a "Robin Hood" for sure. That's where one arrow will stick into the end of the first arrow, wrecking both. It may look impressive, but it is stoopid becuz that'd be a $30+ cost in ruined arrows

So he apparently did not really see through the scope, and cut loose. MISSED THE WHOLE FARGIN TARGET!!

*WHOCK!* <-- He stuck my $18 arrow 5 inches deep into a large pine tree in my yard. It is still there; no fargin way to get it out. I show it to visitors.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
just got back from yet another doctors office...seems my aneurysm is very close to my heart...if they deem it necessary to resolve the issue they will crack my chest to do the repair...along with that great news the doc wants to put more stints near my twins...Jesus this is getting really old...