What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
One of the last times I smoked flower instead of hash like 2 years ago I was smoking super silver haze in the bathroom out of a bong and I went into a coughing fit where I like spun in a circle and blacked out for a split second. You cant get higher with buds just makes you cough and a lot of combustible material in the lungs. Plant matter.
I don't do bongs these days - but there was a time when I was around alot of Aussie's - and did alot of bongs with them - lots of raw throats from heavy coughing - as I remember -

looks like an issue with oxygen deprivation too - since the 'erb burns the oxygen before you inhale the hit - that makes you dizzy - and I've seen many people do a 'whitey' and faint/pass-out - after a good solid bong-hit - the wear and tear on the respiratory system must be waaaay up there - hitting on a bong day in and day out -

Zivilpolizist

Veteran
I have the same issues. Frustrates me to death. I’ll head back to the bedroom to get something and when I get there, I forgot when I came for happens all the time mostly because I got too much on my mind.

That shit already happened to me when I was a kid.
For example when I wanted to go fetch the scissors out of the kitchen I used to end up standing in front of our opened fridge and asking myself what I really wanted to get done in the kitchen

Dime

Ya - maybe so - I hope so because that feeling of lost frustrated thought - trying to remember who/what and where I was - just for a short while - was awful - just imagine if it went on indefinitely?! - I guess that's what is called dementia -
You seem like you have your faculties up to par and then some. Sometimes just stress or improper sleep can do all sorts of wild things.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
IMG_20240916_100540_6.jpg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OH MAN, this twice in the past week or so that I put the kettle on the stove without water in it. Today I melted it and when the smoke alarm went off, we became aware of what happened. I am starting to become concerned about my brain. I don't know if I just have too much on my mind or if my brain is glitching.
Well, I don't know.
Good day OF, hope all is well with your brains.
I'm still more or less still as tarp as a shack.

I notice my short-term memory is the first thing to go when I start dabbing or vaporizing. I will be talking and can't think of the right word and have to pick alternative words to complete my sentence.

When dabbing, I can be telling a story and sometimes when people interrupt me, I can't remember what I was talking about.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
About 3 years ago - I had an odd spell while walking along the river near to my apartment - a walk that I make just about every day -

- suddenly I didn't know where I was - where I was going - and who I was - so I stopped and sat on a bench - contemplating things - and felt really lost for a few minutes - kinda desperate - in some sorta mental limbo - before it all came back to me - it was as if my brain was a hard drive - and it was re-booting - and I had to wait - until I could think straight again -

All kinda worrying - but I'm grateful that it hasn't happened again - since 🙏
When stoned, I have suddenly not known where I was or where I was going but have always known who I was.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m discovered the best way for me to remember those little stupid details. I always forget is to carry a little spiral bound pad and a small pencil in my pocket. If I have a thought, I need to go get something. I write it down because if I don’t, I’m going back to the shop and try to figure out what it was, I went there for first place. I’ve had five full passed out, concussions in my life, and I’m wondering if some of those things didn’t do some damage to my noggin.

I’ve heard nothing but cricket from the sheriffs department and the detective that was assigned the case of the shooting over here. I just left a somewhat sarcastic comment on voicemail, which is always where I end up. If I don’t see any action by Wednesday, I’m going to call the investigator reporter in the local news department… I’m sure the sheriff office doesn’t want that kind of press, especially when a bullet went into my dwelling
Good idea! I carried a notebook when I was still sharp and still working. No way I could have remembered all the project management details in a timely fashion without it.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I don't do bongs these days - but there was a time when I was around alot of Aussie's - and did alot of bongs with them - lots of raw throats from heavy coughing - as I remember -
My lungs won't take a bong anymore. I use a bullet pipe and take slow hits. My memory, lungs, eyes and ears are shot.....oh forgot my back. What scares me is......this is as good as it gets and it's never gonna be this good again.

oldmaninbc

I'm still more or less still as tarp as a shack.

I notice my short-term memory is the first thing to go when I start dabbing or vaporizing. I will be talking and can't think of the right word and have to pick alternative words to complete my sentence.

When dabbing, I can be telling a story and sometimes when people interrupt me, I can't remember what I was talking about.
Yep, aren't you the funny one; tarp as a shack:)

I can relate to all that you say. I'm not sure how to distinguish between cannabis influenced memory issues or a natural decline in brain function. When I melted the handle and lid on the kettle this morning; I was not using cannabis nor was I the other day when I did the same thing but it got caught and there was no damage done.

If this type of thing happens again that could lead to a dangerous situation, I am going to have to bring it up with my doctor and see what she says.

Awe, "the golden years." Otherwise, it was nice you had a pleasant outing yesterday.
All the best during the "leaded years."

oldmaninbc

About 3 years ago - I had an odd spell while walking along the river near to my apartment - a walk that I make just about every day -

- suddenly I didn't know where I was - where I was going - and who I was - so I stopped and sat on a bench - contemplating things - and felt really lost for a few minutes - kinda desperate - in some sorta mental limbo - before it all came back to me - it was as if my brain was a hard drive - and it was re-booting - and I had to wait - until I could think straight again -

All kinda worrying - but I'm grateful that it hasn't happened again - since 🙏
I bet your glad it hasn't happened again!

Serious mental decline is not something I could see myself living with, I would not want to live under such a frustrating existence.

oldmaninbc

One of the last times I smoked flower instead of hash like 2 years ago I was smoking super silver haze in the bathroom out of a bong and I went into a coughing fit where I like spun in a circle and blacked out for a split second. You cant get higher with buds just makes you cough and a lot of combustible material in the lungs. Plant matter.
Hey there DB, I have fainted twice in my life and the doctor told me that it is a common thing to happen to people, it surprised me when he said what he did.

good day to you DB

Latest posts

Latest posts