What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Old Uncle Ben

Just think there are some classical music composers who created their music as far back as the year 1100 and their music still exists. Some things have durability.
Jimi Hendrix (who I saw in Houston in 1969) was getting into Beethoven before his death. Freddy Mercury was classical trained. What a great group that was.

too many of the greats died young of their own drug induced devices.

Not a good rendition of Elvis (lower left), but.....

1726505771716.jpeg

Where is Jim Morrison? ^

1726506202258.jpeg

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

OH MAN, this twice in the past week or so that I put the kettle on the stove without water in it. Today I melted it and when the smoke alarm went off, we became aware of what happened. I am starting to become concerned about my brain. I don't know if I just have too much on my mind or if my brain is glitching.
Well, I don't know.
Good day OF, hope all is well with your brains.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
good morning oldman...hope things get sorted out in your noggin...I'm getting short term memory issues...not too bad but I see it coming...
I have the same issues. Frustrates me to death. I’ll head back to the bedroom to get something and when I get there, I forgot when I came for happens all the time mostly because I got too much on my mind.

oldmaninbc

good morning oldman...hope things get sorted out in your noggin...I'm getting short term memory issues...not too bad but I see it coming...
Losing my mental abilities is a concern for sure, my grandma had problems by the time she passed she would introduce her daughter as her mother and refer to herself as the daughter. She no longer new me at one point.
My mom seemed to be having problems. After all her medications were sorted out things became better.
She made it to 89 in pretty good mental condition other than the usual old age problems with forgetfulness.
Mom lived at my sisters house and I know my sister wouldn't let her cook or control temperature devices.

I would not want to lose my grasp of reality. I remember visiting a friend in the hospital, we were sitting in a common room. An older man was sitting in there trying to put his slippers on his head and just could not figure out why this wasn't working for. He was getting very frustrated.

It is concerning to me.

oldmaninbc

I have the same issues. Frustrates me to death. I’ll head back to the bedroom to get something and when I get there, I forgot when I came for happens all the time mostly because I got too much on my mind.
Yeah, I do that and then have to retrace my steps in hoping that my memory is triggered by starting over.

It is frustrating, I can deal with frustration, kind of. But dealing with a declining brain, yikes.

You ever see the commercial on TV where the old guy is out fishing on the boat an uses the vehicle keys as a lure.:) he says, "I could just stay out here all day."

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
About 3 years ago - I had an odd spell while walking along the river near to my apartment - a walk that I make just about every day -

- suddenly I didn't know where I was - where I was going - and who I was - so I stopped and sat on a bench - contemplating things - and felt really lost for a few minutes - kinda desperate - in some sorta mental limbo - before it all came back to me - it was as if my brain was a hard drive - and it was re-booting - and I had to wait - until I could think straight again -

All kinda worrying - but I'm grateful that it hasn't happened again - since 🙏

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
About 3 years ago - I had an odd spell while walking along the river near to my apartment - a walk that I make just about every day -

- suddenly I didn't know where I was - where I was going - and who I was - so I stopped and sat on a bench - contemplating things - and felt really lost for a few minutes - kinda desperate - in some sorta mental limbo - before it all came back to me - it was as if my brain was a hard drive - and it was re-booting - and I had to wait - until I could think straight again -

One of the last times I smoked flower instead of hash like 2 years ago I was smoking super silver haze in the bathroom out of a bong and I went into a coughing fit where I like spun in a circle and blacked out for a split second. You cant get higher with buds just makes you cough and a lot of combustible material in the lungs. Plant matter.

Dime

Maybe it was related to your ticker and will no longer be a concern.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I’m discovered the best way for me to remember those little stupid details. I always forget is to carry a little spiral bound pad and a small pencil in my pocket. If I have a thought, I need to go get something. I write it down because if I don’t, I’m going back to the shop and try to figure out what it was, I went there for first place. I’ve had five full passed out, concussions in my life, and I’m wondering if some of those things didn’t do some damage to my noggin.

I’ve heard nothing but cricket from the sheriffs department and the detective that was assigned the case of the shooting over here. I just left a somewhat sarcastic comment on voicemail, which is always where I end up. If I don’t see any action by Wednesday, I’m going to call the investigator reporter in the local news department… I’m sure the sheriff office doesn’t want that kind of press, especially when a bullet went into my dwelling

Latest posts

Latest posts