What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Dime

Hi SubGirl,

Fluffy buds are fun! Your plant looks like a sativa type, where the C99s I have come across have been very squat hybrid types. Your friend may have selected towards that, there is haze in the genes i believe.

My C99 I hold beans of in the fridge is done in 50 days (for me) from 1st pistils and is quite tight. Lots of bucket dinkers. (Buds that make that dinking sound when you throw them in the bucket at harvest time). Pineapple and tropical funk scents and quite an uplifting high.

This is her indoors. (CMH 315w and batmix mud)

dscf0030-jpg.18891588
dscf0031-jpg.18891589
C99,f2 from original release from Heavens stairway

Attachments

• 20200918_192453.jpg
    20200918_192453.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 20200924_162037.jpg
    20200924_162037.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • 20201123_210154 (3).jpg
    20201123_210154 (3).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 11

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
C99,f2 from original release from Heavens stairway
Thanks dime for sending pics of your plants. That tall one outside looks a lot like mine. About 8ft tall (10 ft including pots and bottoms). I’m also growing Cap Junky x C99 in my inside tent but the buds are not as fluffy and much more dense. Also not tall as heck but I did have to manipulate them
IMG_0602.jpeg
IMG_0603.jpeg

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
You know, I haven't said anything until now but you keep refering to C99 as a true sativa. Now I'm not sure what that means to you, maybe you mean that it's a sativa hybrid that looks like a true sativa> To me a true sativa is when a strain only has sativa in it's genetics but C99 is actually a satva dominent hybrid. now some people consider C99 to only be true if it came from the Brothers Grimm line which had an indica/sativa ratio of 15:85. I'm guessing because it was so popular that other breeders came up with their own versions that might have had a different ratio? I grew a feminized C99 once that came from FemaleSeeds.nl (gifted to me by Gypsy back when I first came to ICMag from OverGrow). I have no idea what it's ratio was but I think it must have been different because I remember it being much denser plus the fan leaves didn't have quite as much of the sativa characteristic as yours (meaning the fan leaves were a bit less thin and not quite as long as yours). Anyway I'm not quite sure how far your C99 is from finishing but it looks like they might have a few more weeks left. If so then maybe the buds will become denser in the last few weeks when the buds tend to get that final swelling. If the calyxes in the buds you took picks of swell up a bit more I think you might have a more satisfying denseness to your final product? Another thing that might explain it, is that the more prized pheno of C99 was the pineapple pheno. The C99 I grew definitely wasn't the pineapple pheno and I can't recall ever seeing pics of the pineapple pheno to compare to yours so maybe that could explain why it's not as dense as you'd like? Do you notice a strong pineapple scent to them? Regardless even if they don't get denser I'm confident they'll still delive that nice 22% THC level that C99 is rated at, and afterall in the end that's what really matters, IMHO.

This is what my C99 looked like when I harvested after 10 weeks of flower:
View attachment 19067228
Yes I’m seeing the the C99 is

85% Sativa / 15% Indica​

Latest posts

Latest posts