What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Yes, I’ve been getting use to looking down before I take a step now so I don’t trip over him...again😂
I have learned to shuffle my feet when I walk now. Ivan is not going to get up unless I either kick him or tell him to get out of the way. I jacked my back more than once with Ivan but now I’m pretty good when it comes to walking around him in the house

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I don’t believe I posted this picture, but I was sitting on the sofa trimming a plant when I saw him and took the picture. I really haven’t paid attention of how big he’s gotten, but he’s going to be a bruiser. He’s a very excitable boy and has the ability to go 6 feet up on the trunk of a tree.
IMG_2901.jpeg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ivan is the same way in the kitchen. He lays at my feet. He never begs for food, he just wants to hang with daddy. I can’t go out of a room without him following me. You got a realize when he’s black and laying in the shadows are on a very deep green carpet falling over him is almost a given Last night he had the zoom once again and it’s just strange to see 100 pounds of him slamming himself sideways into Dutch or my knees

I have learned to shuffle my feet when I walk now. Ivan is not going to get up unless I either kick him or tell him to get out of the way. I jacked my back more than once with Ivan but now I’m pretty good when it comes to walking around him in the house
Layla is black on top when lying down, so I had to install night lights throughout the house to keep from stumbling over her. She doesn't make any attempt to get out of the way, assuming that I will just go around.

OleReynard

Just waiting on my last load of laundry in the dryer, first load is done and I have clean bedding. Making my bed is a chore, because of the lung disease bending over cuts of my breath, like right now. Thursday's chores are going along according to plan. Morning dishes are done and I just have the wife's lunch dishes to do and wash some freezer packs for when we go to the city shopping.

The oldman is on a roll! But at the same time tired out.
That's what I did too.
We have covid here and the wash machine cashed it in so getting caught up on bedding

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Hi Hempkat...yes my mom and I would have long telephone conversations. We would laugh about how long we talked and mostly over just good hearted conversation. She was a good mom, she had me at 17 and she was divorced the following year. I never knew my mom was my mom until my first school play in grade 1. I lived with my aunt and uncle on my fathers side my 1st year, then to live with my grandparents for about 10 years, until my grandma had to be incarcerated. Then I moved in with my mom and stepfather. I will always believe my stepfather wanted my mom but not me, he wanted his own children. There was a difference in morality at that time. My family life was filled with violence, mental health disorder and and some family members used me as a wedge and would play me against the others. I am so glad those years are far behind me. It was a long journey to come full circle back to my mother and the last 12 or so years of our relationship are of very fond loving memories. She was a good mom.

Avoiding depression is a must, I have to deal with my OCD tendencies, that's enough on my mental health plate.

I miss her dearly but in a good way.

good day HempKat
Yeah your conversations with your Mom sound a lot like my conversations with my Mom were, just several hours of talking about anything and everything under the sun. Fortunately for me my childhood was different then yours. I was the last of 3 boys and my parents kept it together until I was in my mid teens when they finally divorced. So my long conversations with my Mom weren't about making up for lost time. Rather it was just she was getting up there in years and I lived too far away from her at that point to visit often but calling I could do whenever I wanted. So I was just trying to spend as much time with my Mom as I could before she was gone.

I too miss my Mother dearly but in a way I'm glad she's not here to see how things have become. She grew up towards the end of the depression and she lived thru WWII, Korea and Vietnam. She would absolutely hate seeing how polarized our country has become so I'm glad she didn't have to experience that very much.

Good day to you as well oldmaninbc, I hope you're enjoying your birthday.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts