What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Goldhedge

Never done.... lol. Mine will wake me up at 3am licking me needing to poopie. Our park keeps accusing us of not picking up after our dog... so now we wear a go pro on every single walk and post it up on the park site as "The Mongo Logs" hahaha. they now leave us alone. winner winner CD.. haha
"Logs" being the operative word here... LOL

Just curious if 'the poop' they were complaining about still shows up??

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's a big bird
Must’ve been Rodan …
IMG_3572.jpeg

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Strangely enough, the entire region is in a strange hybrid state where there Mennonites and our small town still share common spaces and city facilities. For example, right outside my high density suburbs of houses under 5 years old, is an olde time, old-order mennonite church where EVERY SUNDAY traffic to and fro of horse & carriages, and black vehicles, crowd the parking lot with clockwork

It's an interesting mix of very old, and very new indeed!
Yeah, I went and did some research because I was genuinely curious and discovered that over the years the religion has divided into the tradtional version and a more modernized version. Much in the way other religions have done.

ice minus

Yeah, I went and did some research because I was genuinely curious and discovered that over the years the religion has divided into the tradtional version and a more modernized version. Much in the way other religions have done.
I've been living amongst the mennonites for 4-5 years now and while their lifestyle and farms are respectable and even enviable, I can tell you at least one thing - much to tourists or outsiders popular beliefs - they aren't people that care to even be talked to - unless it's for business - and only between the days of Monday to Saturday.

If you aren't Mennonite, the best you can hope for is to be a business "acquaintance" or customer of theirs, and money will surely be involved.

People are always surprised when I tell them they aren't really friendly or even entertaining to their literal neighbours (probably rightly view us as city invaders) or tourists.

They literally won't have any interest in being your friend whatsoever or even entertaining you in conversation UNLESS you are buying something.

They are a VERY money oriented folk, much to peoples surprise..

Lastly -- I've heard they've been growing weed in their greenhouses for decades now -- usually not very good though lol

maybe their one deviation from the "law" -- but it's because they don't follow modern law, but their own version, and will pay off any fines involved when it comes to this

A long post, sorry

And long winded (as usual) way of saying "they're an interesting people" and very money/business oriented, or else completely uninterested -- and ONLY IN MY EXPERIENCE! Not trying to generalize, but I do feel this is extremely accurate to this area which is the densest in all of Canada

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I've been living amongst the mennonites for 4-5 years now and while their lifestyle and farms are respectable and even enviable, I can tell you at least one thing - much to tourists or outsiders popular beliefs - they aren't people that care to even be talked to - unless it's for business - and only between the days of Monday to Saturday.

If you aren't Mennonite, the best you can hope for is to be a business "acquaintance" or customer of theirs, and money will surely be involved.

People are always surprised when I tell them they aren't really friendly or even entertaining to their literal neighbours (probably rightly view us as city invaders) or tourists.

They literally won't have any interest in being your friend whatsoever or even entertaining you in conversation UNLESS you are buying something.

They are a VERY money oriented folk, much to peoples surprise..

Lastly -- I've heard they've been growing weed in their greenhouses for decades now -- usually not very good though lol

maybe their one deviation from the "law" -- but it's because they don't follow modern law, but their own version, and will pay off any fines involved when it comes to this

A long post, sorry

And long winded (as usual) way of saying "they're an interesting people" and very money/business oriented, or else completely uninterested -- and ONLY IN MY EXPERIENCE! Not trying to generalize, but I do feel this is extremely accurate to this area which is the densest in all of Canada
Ya - we've seen and some probably have had some Buddha Bud or seed from Big Buddha - or like myself have tried Buddha Stick 'erb -

- Cannabis is a sacrament in various religions - but I've never heard of Menonite Bud (catchy name) - perhaps there should be more religion in bud/seed naming? 😉 - < Shiite Sativa comes to mind > -

<incites other old farts to come up with other religio-cannabis names >

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Never done.... lol. Mine will wake me up at 3am licking me needing to poopie. Our park keeps accusing us of not picking up after our dog... so now we wear a go pro on every single walk and post it up on the park site as "The Mongo Logs" hahaha. they now leave us alone. winner winner CD.. haha
Hey man nice to see you here errybody has been hoping you would come by and here you are!

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Ya - we've seen and some probably have had some Buddha Bud or seed from Big Buddha - or like myself have tried Buddha Stick 'erb -

- Cannabis is a sacrament in various religions - but I've never heard of Menonite Bud (catchy name) - perhaps there should be more religion in bud/seed naming? 😉 - < Shiite Sativa comes to mind > -

<incites other old farts to come up with other religio-cannabis names >
Catholic Kush..........guilty all the time!
😆