What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

cola

We owe the Great Generation our freedom. I wish the younger generations realized what they sacrificed so they could be free to do their nefarious shit. Don't get me wrong when I was young I did my share but I have come to realize what they gave us......

I wish we all appreciated and knew ......FREEDOM AIN'T FREE.......
I believe you mean the "Greatest Generation". Born between 1901-1927, and who fought during World War II.
Likely many of us Ol Farts have parents from this period. of time. I know that certainly mine were from then.
Went from horses as the primary mode of transportation, to trains and cars, then planes and helicopters.
Certainly a remarkable age of advancement. And, remarkable people that went with it. Bless them.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Can be done - thousands already do it - it's finding the right gal is the problem for many - steer clear of bargals - go to the provinces - a rural area - and see what turns up for ya - many ladies there can't find a good husband - as many guys in the west can't find a good wife - most just want the security of a marriage to create a happy family - and are willing to work hard to keep it together - as is my experience -
Yeah unfortunately for me it would involve too much risk because if I were to do it I would have to do it all in one shot. Which would mean selling everything I got in order to move there with any kind of financial security. But then I might find I can't really hack the heat and humidity (both which seem to strain my already compromised heart) then there is the question of qualified healthcare for my conditions, access to the medications I need. if that were the case though it would be difficult for me to return home to the US and have all that I have now. I do know already to steer clear of the bargirls and for that matter most of the women living in the big cities. I have been looking at the videos that focus on the provinces and I do see many beautiful young women there who seem open to settling down with older foreigners. The problem there is I would always be wondering is she with me because of genuine feelings for me or am I just a ticket to a better life then she is likely to find with a local and so she is just hanging in there until i pass?

Really though that's all just a fantasy, after my wife passed I lost the desire to find love again and start from scratch learning a new person in a new relationship. Plus at 64 do I really have what it takes to keep up with a much younger woman, to satisfy her and provide for her the family I know she'll want? As they are a much more family oriented people then here in the US. If I were 20-30 years younger and in better health I would feel much better about those aspects but then I wouldn't have the monthly check to depend on to live like a king and the opportunities for making money there are much more limited and as a foreigner I would be able to own property or run a business in my name. I mean it's all very temptingbut the smart move for me is to just accept the life I have now. Besides I'm not saying I'm completely closed to a new relationship, I'm just not eager to go thru all you have to go thru to get to a healthy marriage but if the right woman came into my life my mind could be changed. What makes the Philippines so attractive to us men from the west is you can find something fairly easily that you would never be able to get in our home countries. That and the cost of living is so much more affordable there.

HempKat

Veteran
There is also some nasty side effects associated with cortisone.
I wasn't aware of any specifically but I'm not surprised, these days it seems like all medication and treatments come with nasty side effects. I'm not worried though, I gave those shots the old college try as they say and they didn't help me one bit. I have since found other options that seem to work somewhat for me and so far, no nasty side effects.

cola

Can be done - thousands already do it - it's finding the right gal is the problem for many - steer clear of bargals - go to the provinces - a rural area - and see what turns up for ya - many ladies there can't find a good husband - as many guys in the west can't find a good wife - most just want the security of a marriage to create a happy family - and are willing to work hard to keep it together - as is my experience -
Amen to that, Gypsy. I am fortunate to have found a true love later in life. By that, I mean, beyond my high school sweetheart years. But, as you have suggested, and I am sure you know and are practiced in, marriage takes work. I also have a lifetime saying: "Never say never". One just never knows for certain what's going to happen next. And, my other lifetime saying, which helps me stay positive: "When one door closes, another opens, but it is a bitch while you are waiting in the hall". Patience, and gratitude in life, I have learned over time, seem to be the keys to happiness.

Unca Walt

420club
That's really awesome walt!!!! I bet it was a great time. I'm going to Fenway in 3 weeks
Oh, BTW: Things I remember about that amazing day -- The Schaefer beer sign back of center field had the h and e letters light up for "Hit" and "Error". We were in the "bleachers" (out in the sun) which I thought was extra special, since it was a perfect day.

And the Dodgers won. 2-1.

Trivia: At that very time, Pee Wee Reese and Gil Hodges were being paid $5,000 per year.

Unca Walt

420club
I smoke only 2 strains for the most part and both look very different...I give most of my flowers away...trimmed 3 more plants with the salad spinner today, I believe I found the sweet spot and when to do it...it does an ok job on wet flowers with a bit of scissor work...I hung these 3 up in the shop for about 6 days, took them in and debudded the branches...a few spins with dryer flowers and there is zero need to trim...in my mind that's the way it should be done...it's gone way up in the must have tools if you grow enough...today compared to the wet trim. night and day...

things with Dutch are getting dicey...his pride motivates him but by looking in his eyes he's not right...he knows it
God love him.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah unfortunately for me it would involve too much risk because if I were to do it I would have to do it all in one shot. Which would mean selling everything I got in order to move there with any kind of financial security. But then I might find I can't really hack the heat and humidity (both which seem to strain my already compromised heart) then there is the question of qualified healthcare for my conditions, access to the medications I need. if that were the case though it would be difficult for me to return home to the US and have all that I have now. I do know already to steer clear of the bargirls and for that matter most of the women living in the big cities. I have been looking at the videos that focus on the provinces and I do see many beautiful young women there who seem open to settling down with older foreigners. The problem there is I would always be wondering is she with me because of genuine feelings for me or am I just a ticket to a better life then she is likely to find with a local and so she is just hanging in there until i pass?

Really though that's all just a fantasy, after my wife passed I lost the desire to find love again and start from scratch learning a new person in a new relationship. Plus at 64 do I really have what it takes to keep up with a much younger woman, to satisfy her and provide for her the family I know she'll want? As they are a much more family oriented people then here in the US. If I were 20-30 years younger and in better health I would feel much better about those aspects but then I wouldn't have the monthly check to depend on to live like a king and the opportunities for making money there are much more limited and as a foreigner I would be able to own property or run a business in my name. I mean it's all very temptingbut the smart move for me is to just accept the life I have now. Besides I'm not saying I'm completely closed to a new relationship, I'm just not eager to go thru all you have to go thru to get to a healthy marriage but if the right woman came into my life my mind could be changed. What makes the Philippines so attractive to us men from the west is you can find something fairly easily that you would never be able to get in our home countries. That and the cost of living is so much more affordable there.
Yup - you have some valid points of concern there - particularly access to good medical care - and the costs of that - if you don't have adequate insurance - but I have seen it work for guys our age - with the right caring and understanding gal -

- If you own a property already - I'd not sell up - rent it out perhaps thru an agent - so that if nothing works out the way you want it - you always have that place to come back to -

I was 46 years old when I met Leah - she was 23 and I was at the time 'playing the field' - so to speak - with a few other ladies that were not serious relationships - just friends with benefits I 'spose - and I kinda liked that life for a while - but down deep really wanted a steady family life with kids - and Leah really impressed me when I was arrested and detained due to that USA indictment - for seed crimes - because she stuck by me - visited me regularly and so showed her loyalty in many ways - when I was at my lowest ebb -

She's always said that I was her first - and will be her last - and that shows commitment -

Now she's with me back in the west she also shows me that she is a hard worker - brings in an income that helps our little family - and is truly dedicated to me and the kids - I'm no longer interested in 'playing the field' - because I realize that we have something special going on - and I don't want to spoil that in any way -

Unca Walt

420club
That is why I don't ride snow machines or dirt bikes anymore....Just like Gypsy said.....ONLY A MATTER OF TIME.
That brought something to mind to me. When I got back into civilian life, I found pure joy in trail riding Suzy -- my 250cc souped up bike. It had welded peg chains, compression release, 5" knobby rear tire, 53-tooth sprocket, innertube front mud flap, tooth bar, and large dia front wheel.

HempKat

Veteran
Yup - you have some valid points of concern there - particularly access to good medical care - and the costs of that - if you don't have adequate insurance - but I have seen it work for guys our age - with the right caring and understanding gal -

- If you own a property already - I'd not sell up - rent it out perhaps thru an agent - so that if nothing works out the way you want it - you always have that place to come back to -

I was 46 years old when I met Leah - she was 23 and I was at the time 'playing the field' - so to speak - with a few other ladies that were not serious relationships - just friends with benefits I 'spose - and I kinda liked that life for a while - but down deep really wanted a steady family life with kids - and Leah really impressed me when I was arrested and detained due to that USA indictment - for seed crimes - because she stuck by me - visited me regularly and so showed her loyalty in many ways - when I was at my lowest ebb -

She's always said that I was her first - and will be her last - and that shows commitment -

Now she's with me back in the west she also shows me that she is a hard worker - brings in an income that helps our little family - and is truly dedicated to me and the kids - I'm no longer interested in 'playing the field' - because I realize that we have something special going on - and I don't want to spoil that in any way -
Yesh it sounds like you definitely found a keeper and I can tell by the way you talk about her and your children you are very happy with what you have.

See if I was at that same age as you were when you met her then this would all seem more worthwhile to do. At 64 though and with the health problems I have it just doesn't seem like a good move for me. I enjoy fanasizing about it though, for now that's good enough for me. Who knows though, maybe my financial situation will improve one day and it might all become more doable? I've lived a good enough life though and have had several loves that I cherish in my heart still so it's not like I'm missing out on anything really. Besides, by keeping it a fantasy I never have to worry about dealing with the famed Filippina tampo. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts