What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Unca Walt

420club
Yes exactly like the ones I disturbed today. I I would have just gone in the house and got a jar, I could have easily captured them and either had my way with them or let them go in the lake.
‘I like bugs but do admit the buzzing in my palm kinda freaks me out a bit. I’m not sure if they bite but I’ve never been bitten yet and have grabbed a lot of them in the same way
Back in the 1940's my assigned job was to pick every last stinkin' Japanese beetle offa my Daddy's rose bushes. (They prefer roses to all other things...) I had a jar with a coupla inches of kerosene in it.

PEE-yew!! Japanese beetles stink like the Fleet Ditch when they die.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Good morning……let us hope that everyone still has 10 fingers

IMG_9154.jpeg

imiubu

Dunno exactly why, but I feel like I wanna cry.
Perhaps it's the weeks long feeling of being under assault,
no escaping the smell of gun powder redolent in the air,
lack of sleep while trying my very best to comfort my
pup who's health is quickly declining and doesn't understand
the scary noises nor smells.

Where is the line to be drawn?
While some exercise their freedoms and others suffer for it.

SubGirl

420club
Back in the 1940's my assigned job was to pick every last stinkin' Japanese beetle offa my Daddy's rose bushes. (They prefer roses to all other things...) I had a jar with a coupla inches of kerosene in it.

PEE-yew!! Japanese beetles stink like the Fleet Ditch when they die.
Next time I see them Walt, I’m gonna go get my jar and capture them. Maybe torture them in captivity for a couple days while I check them out.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Dunno exactly why, but I feel like I wanna cry.
Perhaps it's the weeks long feeling of being under assault,
no escaping the smell of gun powder redolent in the air,
lack of sleep while trying my very best to comfort my
pup who's health is quickly declining and doesn't understand
the scary noises nor smells.

Where is the line to be drawn?
While some exercise their freedoms and others suffer for it.

My cats were freaking out last night. Didn't drop until midnight. The didn't come to bed until almost sunrise.

SubGirl

420club
Maryjane and Arlo did remarkably well during the fireworks. They were going off about two hours. Arlo I could tell was hearing them and did give a couple of quiet house wolf barks but saw that Maryjane and us were chill so he was too. My nextdoor neighbor who usually sets off bombs was out of town so we were not challenged with that. My old dogs BB and Penny hated fireworks and thunderstorms. It was all I could do to keep them calm. I feel blessed without that extra stress and feel bad for those doggos and their owners that had a hard time last night 🥰